"Its harder to become an elite boxer than an elite mma fighter"

I think the money factors in and also the whole wierdness of mma, it attracts guys who have issues rather than guys who are committed professionals. Recently I've been watching older fighters, Bill Wallace, Chuck Norris, Benny Urquidez and Don Wilson. Most people would think that those guys would never be able to compete, let alone dominate today. but after watching and studying them, listening to them and how their minds work and also checking out their histories, I think they would have been superior to what we have today. bill Wallace was a judoka before he ever learned to strike and he developed refined kicks and punches and was incredibly intelligent and clever about his technique. Chuck Norris was way ahead of the curve with gracie JJ, he was practicing it hardcore after getting choked out by Helio in the 80's, that along with his superb kicks and punches would have made him a factor, Don Wilson was a state champion, i think, in wrestling and was a great competitor with his kickboxing, Benny had a good grappling background to go along with his skills. At least with most of the striking in mma, they've had 20 years and their hands still look like bar brawlers, to me, that's just because they don't give a fuck about their work. If they wanted to do the shit right, they could. they are just too interested in getting tats and wierd haircuts and hanging out and getting cheers rather than being real fighters.The star making machinery behind it all doesnt demand better from them so we get guys like Jon Jones and brats like Honda being the face of the sport until they implode instead of real champions.

Last edited:
So bork laser becomes UFC champ but it's easier to win at boxing? Gotcha
I don't think todays heavyweight boxing is any way to measure it, these guys today, pretty much any big hungry guy has a shot. they are that bad. I believe boxing is way harder to master just based off the skills, the coordination, rhythm, distance, timing, and a lot of things that you'll have a hard if not impossible time getting if you start late. The body mechanics of punching are one thing, you could have those perfect and still never develop power because that takes neural training (and inborn talent) that is best when you're young, combination punching is hard to learn even for the best boxers and there are so many skills that even top fighters just don't have the gifts for.

I don't think todays heavyweight boxing is any way to measure it, these guys today, pretty much any big hungry guy has a shot. they are that bad. I believe boxing is way harder to master just based off the skills, the coordination, rhythm, distance, timing, and a lot of things that you'll have a hard if not impossible time getting if you start late. The body mechanics of punching are one thing, you could have those perfect and still never develop power because that takes neural training (and inborn talent) that is best when you're young, combination punching is hard to learn even for the best boxers and there are so many skills that even top fighters just don't have the gifts for.
Listen to this man, he knows.

So bork laser becomes UFC champ but it's easier to win at boxing? Gotcha

Brock wrestled since he was a kid. Can't really make a comparison like that in boxing. Wilder made pretty quick ascension to boxing relevance. These two examples are more an example of how garbage MMA and boxing heavyweight divisions are

in b4 'omgz guise UFC infancy guise omfgz!!!'

It's kind of true though we still don't really have any guys who have been competing in mma only since childhood. They all have a primary focus and style matchups can affect that. Boxing is boxing

Brock wrestled since he was a kid. Can't really make a comparison like that in boxing. Wilder made pretty quick ascension to boxing relevance. These two examples are more an example of how garbage MMA and boxing heavyweight divisions are
And how garbage your comparisons are. Wlad klitschko is shit right?

I think the money factors in and also the whole wierdness of mma, it attracts guys who have issues rather than guys who are committed professionals. Recently I've been watching older fighters, Bill Wallace, Chuck Norris, Benny Urquidez and Don Wilson. Most people would think that those guys would never be able to compete, let alone dominate today. but after watching and studying them, listening to them and how their minds work and also checking out their histories, I think they would have been superior to what we have today. bill Wallace was a judoka before he ever learned to strike and he developed refined kicks and punches and was incredibly intelligent and clever about his technique. Chuck Norris was way ahead of the curve with gracie JJ, he was practicing it hardcore after getting choked out by Helio in the 80's, that along with his superb kicks and punches would have made him a factor, Don Wilson was a state champion, i think, in wrestling and was a great competitor with his kickboxing, Benny had a good grappling background to go along with his skills. At least with most of the striking in mma, they've had 20 years and their hands still look like bar brawlers, to me, that's just because they don't give a fuck about their work. If they wanted to do the shit right, they could. they are just too interested in getting tats and wierd haircuts and hanging out and getting cheers rather than being real fighters.The star making machinery behind it all doesnt demand better from them so we get guys like Jon Jones and brats like Honda being the face of the sport until they implode instead of real champions.
All those guys you listed would be even bigger household names if they competed in the UFC .

I can picture cartoon characters made of them .

Didn't know most had grappling other than Chuck

thanks man really enjoyed your post

Here's Melvin Guillard getting starched by some unknown guy in the first round. Proves its harder to make it in Boxing then MMA. and at one point Melvin was a top UFC lightweight.

factually false. mma is the elite combat sport and ufc champions possess 10000x the skill most world champion boxers do. (charles martin lol)
Charles Martin never "beat" anyone to become champion. The other guy's leg twisted, and they put Martin with the belt for BS politics.
Regardless, the only title in boxing that matters is the lineal one. You'd know that if you actually follow it.

also, it's easier to talk shit like that about MMA. "Brock became the legit UFC champ after decades of playing WWE with barely in MMA fights, lolz"
This statement is the parallel equivalent of your BS^.

Here's Melvin Guillard getting starched by some unknown guy in the first round. Proves its harder to make it in Boxing then MMA. and at one point Melvin was a top UFC lightweight.

Melvin was considered a super athlete and very dangerous on his fight .

It's levels in this game

Compared to mma ? Boxing even heavyweight is very deep compared to mma
Did you watch werdum vs miocic? If I ran face first towards a mma hw I can get knocked out too.

Of course it is.

The sport of MMA is brand new.

The sport of Boxing is much older.

I agree that it's (usually) harder to get to the top of boxing, but what does age of the sport matter? If MMA became a thing within the last 5-10 years I would see that, but all active fighters in boxing with any kind of relevance came after MMA as we know it (birth of UFC).

Did you watch werdum vs miocic? If I ran face first towards a mma hw I can get knocked out too.
You didn't see the intricacies lol

I honestly don't see how Miocic is going remain a champion for long if he does it says a lot about that division

Melvin was considered a super athlete and very dangerous on his fight .

It's levels in this game

Well he is Super Athletic, but in boxing where the talent pool goes much deeper than MMA there are a shit ton more super athletes in boxing. So athletic guys like Melvin are a dime dozen in the sport of hands.

You can tell by watching the video that Melvin is fast and explosive, so is the other guy. Melvin gets away with it in MMA, but here the other guy is just a lot more skilled and polished. Melvin looks amateur here.

One interesting note, KJ Noons fought that guy in Boxing and beat him by decision.

I agree that it's (usually) harder to get to the top of boxing, but what does age of the sport matter? If MMA became a thing within the last 5-10 years I would see that, but all active fighters in boxing with any kind of relevance came after MMA as we know it (birth of UFC).

Because boxers train boxing from youth. There is very few kids training "MMA" in all aspects. Also any big sized kid with any semblance of athleticism will be playing primarily football and basketball because they are cooler and more mainstream

Because boxers train boxing from youth. There is very few kids training "MMA" in all aspects. Also any big sized kid with any semblance of athleticism will be playing primarily football and basketball because they are cooler and more mainstream
And mma is teh gay?

Back