It's Hard to Feel Sorry for Broner

The people who live in poor areas of the city have no ownership of their own neighborhoods. They pay rent to slumlords, go to underfunded schools, and shop at stores that are not owned by their community. It is not exactly their "own" neighborhood in the same way that you think about your own neighborhood.

People who live in any area of a city have no ownership of their communities.

Unless your dad is Ronald Mcdonald or Mr.Starbucks

People who live in any area of a city have no ownership of their communities.

Unless your dad is Ronald Mcdonald or Mr.Starbucks

Most of my friends in Baltimore own their houses.

The people who live in poor areas of the city have no ownership of their own neighborhoods. They pay rent to slumlords, go to underfunded schools, and shop at stores that are not owned by their community. It is not exactly their "own" neighborhood in the same way that you think about your own neighborhood.

Right and wrong.
When businesses pull out of those neighborhoods because of violence from those in the neighborhood it quickly becomes an issue to those living in the neighborhood.
As a matter of fact you'll have unofficial enforcers who Live in that community that do their best to make sure that there is not violence happening at places such as gas stations so as to prevent the owners of the gas stations from pulling the business out of the neighborhood ....
But yes it is still their community and they should still be concerned about it

Its where they live. Putting some pride into their community would go a long way.

Right and wrong.
When businesses pull out of those neighborhoods because of violence from those in the neighborhood it quickly becomes an issue to those living in the neighborhood.
As a matter of fact you'll have unofficial enforcers who Live in that community that do their best to make sure that there is not violence happening at places such as gas stations so as to prevent the owners of the gas stations from pulling the business out of the neighborhood ....
But yes it is still their community and they should still be concerned about it

Its where they live. Putting some pride into their community would go a long way.

You're both right. I'm not defending the actions of burning and looting communities, that is obviously not helpful. Taking pride in where you live and doing your best to improve your community is always the right move.

But there is also obviously a different reality for people in the poor areas of the city. These areas are almost devoid of hope, it's depressing to even drive through some neighborhoods in Baltimore. When people act shocked and confused about how people in that situation could riot in their "own" community, I think they are being pretty oblivious.

West Baltimore:

waiting.jpg

Last edited:
You're both right. I'm not defending the actions of burning and looting communities, that is obviously not helpful. Taking pride in where you live and doing your best to improve your community is always the right move.

But there is also obviously a different reality for people in the poor areas of the city. These areas are almost devoid of hope, it's depressing to even drive through some neighborhoods in Baltimore. When people act shocked and confused about how people in that situation could riot in their "own" community, I think they are being pretty oblivious.

West Baltimore:

waiting.jpg

In the building I work in there's a convenience store... and the owner is middle eastern.
He's been in that business for many years. He finally decided to move out of a neighborhood because it was just too violent at times (his brother was killed at one of his stores). But, he did say that there are many in those communities who fight like mad to defend and protect the businesses there. Because when they go it takes a long time for a store to come back in. Especially if there's been a very bad experience at a location.

There was some advantage taking going both ways. Someone from the community who would unofficially collect money that someone else had on credit at his convenience store. That guy would collect for the store owner.... but then expect something in exchange. Many times being free shopping at the store whenever he came.

It was very interesting how he explained the nature of the relationship.

If someone from the community (who wasn't helping the store owner on the side) stole at first it would be "okay, this one time".... but if he'd push his luck with it these enforcers from the neighborhood would beat the shit out of that guy.
But, if it was someone not from that community stealing then they would be beyond ruthless with that shoplifter.

LOL @ "They pay rent..."
You had me going until then, but I did crack up.
Hilarious, man. Have a great weekend!!!

Back OT, I am waiting to see that Broner is dead, in all honesty. He's been off the rails for a while, now.
I wonder if he'll ever make waves in boxing again. I think I'd bet against it. Unfortunate because he was physically gifted and had really good skills just a few short years ago. I really think he could have been special.

LOL @ "They pay rent..."
You had me going until then, but I did crack up.
Hilarious, man. Have a great weekend!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Boner jokes never get old.

That's all I got.

You guys are derailing the thread. Let's get back on Boner.

Real shame he didn't actually kill himself when he was fake threatening it on Instagram last week.

Back