It's happening! Russia will officially investigate Moon landing

Such a lame argument, if that was true the Manhattan project would have been impossible and the government wouldn't have top secret clearances and state secrets.

And then you go off the rails with the ad hom even though I clearly said the same thing applies to flat earthers and moon landing deniers.

I'm interested if you could link me a pic of the lunar lander through a telescope though that sounds neat.
Yep, I've heard people claim this too. Picture of the lander module still there on the moon. I'd love to see one too. Because so far, the very fact people say its there to see, many think that statement in itself proves its true.

Most people are smart enough to know that a conspiracy needing to involve thousands of people probably would come out some way or another. I mean that and the fact you can actually see the original Apollo lander through a powerful enough telescope.

But keep on convincing yourself you're the only guy who figured everything out smart guy. If you had achieved anything with your life you wouldn't need to delude yourself with this silliness to boost your fragile ego.

No one's denying that they couldn't land a lander on the moon. Its people that never went.

full.jpg
He looks like he smells

I blame Fox television for a lot of this. They pushed and pushed that stupid goddamn lying special of theirs back in the day like it was the Superbowl, aired it during prime time, and it's been down the shitter ever since.

Yep, I've heard people claim this too. Picture of the lander module still there on the moon. I'd love to see one too. Because so far, the very fact people say its there to see, many think that statement in itself proves its true.
Yes, that is true, all you have to say is that there is a picture and that is enough for most people. People don't actually care to have it proven, they already believe in the concept and the idea of space and going to the moon so no evidence is actually required.

They can imagine it like a movie plot, sure.

Someone can explain in laymans terms how chemistry works, but that doesn't mean I could then actually determine if someone is making false claims about chemical reactions.

Of course they must appeal to authority, there is no other option other than being an expert or super nerd. This is a polarizing subject so it's rare to find someone who truly is neutral and doesn't care whether the earth is flat or we went to the moon as those two perspectives are reflective of very different world views.

And the astronauts are pretty good engineers and scientists as a matter of neccesity, you can't just send a random person up into space to maintain the ISS and perform the experiments there right? Although some of them are women so you may have a point.

Yes, they have engineers and the like. But I believe the actual pilots are just that, pilots. Anyway, we landed on the fucking moon and the Earth is not flat. This has nothing to do with how open your mind is and more to do with having enough common sense to evaluate information and sources of information. You would call those “authorities.” And yes, appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. But that assumes you can directly evaluate whether or not something is true. Not all of us can build a rocket and a landing module and check out the moon to see if the lander is there. And no, it cannot he seen with a telescope.

Yes, they have engineers and the like. But I believe the actual pilots are just that, pilots. Anyway, we landed on the fucking moon and the Earth is not flat. This has nothing to do with how open your mind is and more to do with having enough common sense to evaluate information and sources of information. You would call those “authorities.” And yes, appeal to authority is a logical fallacy. But that assumes you can directly evaluate whether or not something is true. Not all of us can build a rocket and a landing module and check out the moon to see if the lander is there. And no, it cannot he seen with a telescope.
No one can actually go to the moon right now, and very few can actually determine if the information is valid, you can't use common sense in a matter requiring expert level knowledge, yet many people will claim it's obviously a fact even though if it was false they would not be able to tell.

If you believe the government and think they don't lie and can't keep secrets then you have to believe we went to the moon and the earth is an oblate spheroid. If you think the government lies and can keep secrets very well then you tend to think the moon landings were fake, the flat earth stuff requires an even more extreme world view that involves a much larger scheme of deception involving secret fraternal orders and a global conspiracy but for the people who believe in that flat earth is possible in their world view.

Both sides tend to just operate off memes and the most basic surface level analysis.

If you believe the government and think they don't lie and can't keep secrets then you have to believe we went to the moon and the earth is an oblate spheroid

That’s just overly simplistic thinking. I don’t believe the government or not believe the government. And I think in a situation such as this, the government would not have been able to keep it a secret. I think the government can keep some things secret. I evaluate each situation independently and don’t just decide ahead of time that the government is or isn’t telling the truth about something.

Also, someone referenced the Manhattan Project earlier as a testament to the government’s ability to keep a secret. But there is a huge difference between the two scenarios. The Manhattan project only needed to be kept secret until it was completed. If the moon landing were fake, it would had to have been kept secret for 50 years. Yet, there is still no proof it was faked. Additionally, the Earth is round. There is video of it. Lots of video.

That’s just overly simplistic thinking. I don’t believe the government or not believe the government. And I think in a situation such as this, the government would not have been able to keep it a secret. I think the government can keep some things secret. I evaluate each situation independently and don’t just decide ahead of time that the government is or isn’t telling the truth about something.

Also, someone referenced the Manhattan Project earlier as a testament to the government’s ability to keep a secret. But there is a huge difference between the two scenarios. The Manhattan project only needed to be kept secret until it was completed. If the moon landing were fake, it would had to have been kept secret for 50 years. Yet, there is still no proof it was faked. Additionally, the Earth is round. There is video of it. Lots of video.
It's still a pretty valid statement, if you believe those things then the moon missions must be true and the earth an oblate spheroid. If you are looking at it on a case by case basis then you are open to the possibility the government lies, many people are not, and many people will say the government lies about anything, obviously both of these extremes are clearly going to lead to falsehoods.

That someone was me, the manhattan project also wasn't even kept secret, Russian spies infiltrated and stole the secrets. And then yes it was publicly revealed.

What proof would it take for you personally to believe the moon mission was faked? Just curious.

Every conspiracy surrounding the moon landing has been debunked enough for me. Too many people would have to be involved too, it's ridiculous a this point, but have at it Russia.

The way Buzz talks about the monolith-like object on Phobos tells me he did land on the moon, and wants more to go and explore space. It's a great message of unity and collaboration between nations. He's so passionate about it.

So they'll fake a moon landing, to investigate a fake moon landing.

i think they did not land on the moon and if movie Armageddon is to be believed if shuttle run out fuel just to get to the space station just imagine how fast would those tinny 60s rockets how fast would they run out of fuel and todays fuel is much better grade the 60s fuel. and if you went to moon in 69 do you really need to reinvent the wheal so to speak

They should fly to moon with same equipment again.

No one can actually go to the moon right now, and very few can actually determine if the information is valid, you can't use common sense in a matter requiring expert level knowledge, yet many people will claim it's obviously a fact even though if it was false they would not be able to tell.

If you believe the government and think they don't lie and can't keep secrets then you have to believe we went to the moon and the earth is an oblate spheroid. If you think the government lies and can keep secrets very well then you tend to think the moon landings were fake, the flat earth stuff requires an even more extreme world view that involves a much larger scheme of deception involving secret fraternal orders and a global conspiracy but for the people who believe in that flat earth is possible in their world view.

Both sides tend to just operate off memes and the most basic surface level analysis.
oh fuck off already

Back