It's happening! Russia will officially investigate Moon landing

I first heard about the moon landing hoax from mine geography college professor.
He had a friend working for NASA and according to him he could not assure that Apollo 11 was successful, however he guaranteed that astronauts have had landed on the Moon (didn't tell when though).
You obviously weren’t as friendly with your English teacher.

Private Russian companies?

P34xJKD.gif

NASA Chooses Private Companies for Future Moon Landings

Astronauts may one day set foot on the moon again, and small robotic spacecraft will be there waiting for them.

NASA announced on Thursday that it had selected nine companies that will compete for billions of dollars in contracts to take small payloads for the agency to the surface of the moon.

“We are building a domestic American capability to get back and forth to the surface of the moon,” said Jim Bridenstine, the NASA administrator. NASA astronauts last landed there in 1972, and no American spacecraft has touched down on the lunar surface in one piece since then.

The Trump administration sees the moon as an opportunity to test technologies as well as new strategies that could reduce the price tag for trips to space, and jump-start new commercial companies.

Cumulatively, the contracts could be worth up to $2.6 billion over 10 years. Flights could begin as soon as next year, and NASA officials are aiming for two a year, or about 20 in all.

Rather than relying on NASA engineers to design the spacecraft, the space agency is publishing the capabilities it needs and requesting proposals from companies to provide those services.

In this approach, NASA would just be one of many customers, Mr. Bridenstine said. The companies could also carry commercial cargo.

While President Obama told NASA to focus on sending astronauts to Mars, largely bypassing the moon, the Trump administration has made the moon a priority, although astronauts would likely not arrive until late in the 2020s. Mr. Bridenstine has also continued talking about Mars as an eventual destination.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/science/nasa-moon-landers.html

well... looks like we're going to war with russia...

Troll away

What? It's not trolling to say people in the late 60's couldn't figure out how to accurately depict the shadows the sun would make on the moon's surface.

I'm not saying that's what happened or that the landing was fake or anything....what I'm saying is a good film crew could definitely figure out how to fake shadows realistically and accurately. Why on Earth would you think they couldn't? Why do you even think that would be complicated at all?

FFS it was the late 60's, not the stone age.

RUSSIA IS GOING TO THE MOON TO FACT-CHECK NASA

6598978-0-image-a-10_1543096200907.jpg

The man heading up Russia’s Roscosmos space agency claimed that verification of America’s moon landings would be part of his agency’s next mission, according to a video shared on Saturday.

Dmitry Rogozin’s tweet, according to Google translate, reads, “I answer questions of the President of Moldova: whether there were Americans on the moon, why do you have @roscosmos fighters and trams and how Russian astronautics will help Moldovan grapes?”

“We have set this objective to fly and verify whether they’ve been there or not,” Rogozin responded with a smirk and a shrug, leaving it to his audience to determine whether or not his comment was in jest.

NASA WOULD BEG TO DIFFER.

American moon landing conspiracy theories are so prevalent in Russia that in 2015, the Russian Federation Investigative Committee ordered an investigation into the 1969 lunar landings, purporting to determine once and for all whether or not they had been faked.

Continue reading

This will put Democrats at odds with the moon landing deniers. The Democrat party cannot afford to lose those votes.

Yeah, they have no dog in this fight. I’m sure their findings will be completely objective. Jesus, what’s with Americans wanting so badly to surrender to Russia?

This will put Democrats at odds with the moon landing deniers. The Democrat party cannot afford to lose those votes.

Most moon landing deniers are just blanket science deniers. They are so because science is at odds with their political beliefs eg, that climate change is not real as they are conservatives. The flat Earth shit is just an extension of this denial of scientific discovery and progress.

How can the moon be real when our eyes aren't real?

Eddie Bravo just applied for Russian Citizenship.

Most moon landing deniers are just blanket science deniers. They are so because science is at odds with their political beliefs eg, that climate change is not real as they are conservatives. The flat Earth shit is just an extension of this denial of scientific discovery and progress.
Not really, the vast majority of people don't believe the moon landings happened because they understand the science, or understand the evidence behind why the earth is considered round.

They just believe what they are told and know a handful of memes, same thing can be said about flat earthers and moon landing deniers.

Only a small subset of people are basing their beliefs on a deep understanding of the science and evidence.

Not really, the vast majority of people don't believe the moon landings happened because they understand the science, or understand the evidence behind why the earth is considered round.

They just believe what they are told and know a handful of memes, same thing can be said about flat earthers and moon landing deniers.

Only a small subset of people are basing their beliefs on a deep understanding of the science and evidence.

Most people are smart enough to know that a conspiracy needing to involve thousands of people probably would come out some way or another. I mean that and the fact you can actually see the original Apollo lander through a powerful enough telescope.

But keep on convincing yourself you're the only guy who figured everything out smart guy. If you had achieved anything with your life you wouldn't need to delude yourself with this silliness to boost your fragile ego.

Most people are smart enough to know that a conspiracy needing to involve thousands of people probably would come out some way or another. I mean that and the fact you can actually see the original Apollo lander through a powerful enough telescope.

But keep on convincing yourself you're the only guy who figured everything out smart guy. If you had achieved anything with your life you wouldn't need to delude yourself with this silliness to boost your fragile ego.
Such a lame argument, if that was true the Manhattan project would have been impossible and the government wouldn't have top secret clearances and state secrets.

And then you go off the rails with the ad hom even though I clearly said the same thing applies to flat earthers and moon landing deniers.

I'm interested if you could link me a pic of the lunar lander through a telescope though that sounds neat.

Nobody has landed on the moon.
Maybe Russia will.

Not even the astronauts understand the science behind the rockets they pilot. They’re pilots. Not rocket scientists. But the majority of people understand that scientists know enough about this stuff and that they should defer to their understanding.

Anyway, the moon landing isn’t exactly hard to understand anyway. So most people could understand it. They may not be able to do the calculations, but when someone like Dr. Tyson explains it in laymen’s terms, they can certainly understand it.

Not even the astronauts understand the science behind the rockets they pilot. They’re pilots. Not rocket scientists. But the majority of people understand that scientists know enough about this stuff and that they should defer to their understanding.

Anyway, the moon landing isn’t exactly hard to understand anyway. So most people could understand it. They may not be able to do the calculations, but when someone like Dr. Tyson explains it in laymen’s terms, they can certainly understand it.
They can imagine it like a movie plot, sure.

Someone can explain in laymans terms how chemistry works, but that doesn't mean I could then actually determine if someone is making false claims about chemical reactions.

Of course they must appeal to authority, there is no other option other than being an expert or super nerd. This is a polarizing subject so it's rare to find someone who truly is neutral and doesn't care whether the earth is flat or we went to the moon as those two perspectives are reflective of very different world views.

And the astronauts are pretty good engineers and scientists as a matter of neccesity, you can't just send a random person up into space to maintain the ISS and perform the experiments there right? Although some of them are women so you may have a point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back