It's distasteful to me that GSP has no interest in fighting Woodley

GSP first became WW champion in 2006.

Two thousand and six.

He’s about a decade removed from his prime.

Yeah it’s super gay. It’s the asterisk on his resume.

He’s careful about picking fights and goes for the least risk most reward.

It’s smart but I prefer the guys who fight anybody like Anderson.

For GSP to cement his WW GOAT status he should fight Woodley. Especially since there is talk these days about Woodley being the GOAT.. seems right

I think the talk is coming from Woodley. People are so braindead these days though, a person could almost claim whatever they like and find blind followers.

The guy was the champ for nearly a decade, retired and then came back after 4 years to win the mw title. You are now assigning him the old asterix are ya? That means a lot.

You have literally lost every argument. Non-Canadian fans bla bla.... you mean americans supporting an american?? The same shit you're trying to flip regarding canadians and canadian fighters..

You're getting demolished dude. Don't talk about wins and losses on Sherdog. You aren't winning an argument with me.... Now reply to the TDD thread where I proved you wrong there too. The only media scores submitted said GSP 29-28. Better luck next time? lol
Oh my goodness. You realize there's a whole world of countries outside North America right? Most of the people from those countries AS WELL AS AMERICANS thought it was a bullshit decision. You didn't prove shit wrong in the other one, you're taking L's everywhere you go. You're like the little brother that follows big bro around too much and wonders why he keeps catching stray shots haha.

Oh my goodness. You realize there's a whole world of countries outside North America right? Most of the people from those countries AS WELL AS AMERICANS thought it was a bullshit decision. You didn't prove shit wrong in the other one, you're taking L's everywhere you go. You're like the little brother that follows big bro around too much and wonders why he keeps catching stray shots haha.
You mean BJ Penn fans thought BJ won! That is so fucking shocking! BJ had one of the most delusional fanbases in the history of Sherdog, only to be eventually surpassed by Anderson Silva's retarded fans that are still deluded enough to think that a guy acting like an asshole with his hands at his waist getting KO'ed by a 200 LB trained top mixed martial artist is a fluke.

Dude, i've argued with far better arguers than you. Guys who actually came at me with legit arguments. You aren't even in the top20 of the many people i've argued with here.

You will never, ever beat me in an argument when you say things like BJ Penn arguably won the first fight.

Argue me he won the 2nd or 3rd round when he was outstruck, outgrappled, outpaced in those 2 rounds. Argue it. Just try. You can't because you have no argument. BJ won the first round 10-9 and anyone that says that it was a 10-8 is dumber than Cecil Peoples.

Breakdown the fight. Show me you have one iota of a clue of what you're watching when you watch a MMA fight.

GSP is clearly ducking Woodley. I don’t blame him tho, it’s a bad match up.

GSP would have nothing for Woodley, if they fought he'd just confirm it. Yeah he was welterweight champ years ago back when elite fighters like Dan Hardy got title shots Lmao. You're struggling with Lightweights in your prime and yet we're supposed to believe he'd beat a beast like Woodley Lmao, gimme a fucking break.

The guy has a good outing in his last fight and suddenly he is this mythical creature, lol. Fuck you guys are funny. So why does his own promoter hate him? Is it maybe because he acts all entitled after his majority decision and his majority draw? Lmao. Ya he is a real dominant champion alright.

People talking about GSP has nothing left to prove like there is some huge gap in age or experience. He is 37 years old with 28 fights, while Woodley is 36 years old with 23 fights.

GSP doesn't want those hands let's be real here. And I'm by no means a Woodley fan, half his fights are extremely boring & he complains to no end but he would beat GSP up badly.

GSP spent years defending the welterweight belt.

If you don't understand what a title reign does to you, I'm not going to bother trying to explain it.

whats better for his legacy, beating woodly or possibly losing (pretty likely) or becoming a 3 WEIGHT world champion and retiring?
you know the answer

You mean BJ Penn fans thought BJ won! That is so fucking shocking! BJ had one of the most delusional fanbases in the history of Sherdog, only to be eventually surpassed by Anderson Silva's retarded fans that are still deluded enough to think that a guy acting like an asshole with his hands at his waist getting KO'ed by a 200 LB trained top mixed martial artist is a fluke.

Dude, i've argued with far better arguers than you. Guys who actually came at me with legit arguments. You aren't even in the top20 of the many people i've argued with here.

You will never, ever beat me in an argument when you say things like BJ Penn arguably won the first fight.

Argue me he won the 2nd or 3rd round when he was outstruck, outgrappled, outpaced in those 2 rounds. Argue it. Just try. You can't because you have no argument. BJ won the first round 10-9 and anyone that says that it was a 10-8 is dumber than Cecil Peoples.

Breakdown the fight. Show me you have one iota of a clue of what you're watching when you watch a MMA fight.
Oh fuck. I just realized you joined over a year AFTER their second fight so probably weren't watching MMA at the time of their first fight and therefore have revisionist history. If you were part of the scene back then you're being disingenuous. Yeah BJ has delusional fans but it wasn't just them echoing this sentiment, a lot of fans thought that decision was shaky. I recall a lot of people on here calling for a draw.

The guy has a good outing in his last fight and suddenly he is this mythical creature, lol. Fuck you guys are funny. So why does his own promoter hate him? Is it maybe because he acts all entitled after his majority decision and his majority draw? Lmao. Ya he is a real dominant champion alright.
Wow the hyperbole is strong in this one haha. Um yeah, he doesn't have to be a mythical creature to beat GSP, just have the wrestling to neutralize him and KO power and athleticism to keep up with him. His promoter hates him for the exact reason you said and he's not a draw you're right. Does that somehow diminish how good of a fighter he is or how well he matches up with Georges? Yeah thought not.

If GSP was winless and no longer relevant I'm sure he'd fight "anybody" like Anderson supposedly does.

Didn't Anderson turn down Romero?

It really baffles me how so little of the posters here don't seem to understand the concept of "risk vs reward" and the clear fact that GSP doesn't want to rule any division, he's done with that, he just wants special fights and call it quits.

At least you're admitting he's ducking him.
Of course he is, but I don’t expect Fedor or Anderson to fight the top guys anymore either. At this time in GSPs career, it is a good idea to go for high paid money fights.

Oh fuck. I just realized you joined over a year AFTER their second fight so probably weren't watching MMA at the time of their first fight and therefore have revisionist history. If you were part of the scene back then you're being disingenuous. Yeah BJ has delusional fans but it wasn't just them echoing this sentiment, a lot of fans thought that decision was shaky. I recall a lot of people on here calling for a draw.
Join date equates to the day you started watching MMA. I've been watching MMA since renting VHS tapes from Blockbuster so I am gonna guess I've been watching longer than you, since I imagine you were like 9 when Blockbuster stopped being popular. Stop playing these silly games. BJ lost 29-28. I was a BJ Penn before I even knew who GSP was. I've had to defend BJ Penn on here numerous times to idiots that say "Hurka durka, look at his shitty record. He's garbage. Hurka durk". He lost. 2 rounds to 1. No 10-8s. 10-9 BJ, 10-9 GSP, 10-9 GSP. Pretty clear cut, even though the fight was close. Close fights can still have obvious correct decisions. GSP outworked BJ those last 2 rounds.

Your turn "couple year before TUF came out newb", since you only started watching in 2005, per your Sherdog join date... lol

Wow the hyperbole is strong in this one haha. Um yeah, he doesn't have to be a mythical creature to beat GSP, just have the wrestling to neutralize him and KO power and athleticism to keep up with him. His promoter hates him for the exact reason you said and he's not a draw you're right. Does that somehow diminish how good of a fighter he is or how well he matches up with Georges? Yeah thought not.

And why do you suppose he is not a draw? I seem to remember Dana mentioning reasons for why he was mad and it had more to do with performance, but I guess we will change the story for you.

You are free to believe whatever you like but Woodley doesn't blow my hair back and I am certainly not alone in this. He is good but a goat he is not. He would not beat the GSP who held the belt in my opinion and I think it would still be a big test for Woodley right now.

Please, never use the PPV argument. Heck, its not even an argument. I hate it when Conor fanboys mention PPV sales as if it proofs anything. MMA is not WWE, although its starting to look like it more and more.
It's a joke..

Herpppp derpppp he sells ppvs he should get to fight who he wants.

Floyd fought berto ffs.

Back