It's distasteful to me that GSP has no interest in fighting Woodley

Because GSP sells PPV not Woodley....fighting him proves nothing....

GSP was the king of 170....many times over.

Woodly is only bitching because he has never made $$$ from ppv cut
Yea that might be because gsp didn't sit out a year and a half for a title shot and then draw against a karate guy with no wrestling.

Tyron (highest tdd in ufc) then fought maia, who jake shields beat on the ground ,then made it so fucking boring fans looked like they were OD'ing on fentyl.

He already ruled over welterweight for ages. He has nothing left to prove there.

Sorry Arm you my boy on most things (accept Goat Jones) but leaving as WW king and coming back to show you've always been WW king and Others were just holding your belt & water is just pure badass on any level.

Him claiming a MW title was bow down worthy for the fact that's what fight fanz wanted when he and Silva ran their divisions, not a one ever talked of GSP @LW.

I'd rather see him and Woodley throw down than McGregor at LW I'd prefer to see them fight at WW if anything.

What about the Lightweight during Georges era that he had to cheat to beat after getting a very questionable decision over him the first time? What about the other Lightweight during Georges era that made him tap to strikes? We can both do that game. Pair said Lightweights up from each era and see what happens. I swear GSP fans are the new Fedor fans. Yeah your dude had a good run but it was a different era. I always said when Fedor was ruling (I'm a huge Fedor fan albeit a realistic one) that JDS and Cain were nightmare match ups for him but his other fans always had stats to fall back on. The game evolves, it happens in every sport. It doesn't mean your guy was NEVER good, he was but he wouldn't beat a modern era champ unless he dropped down to Lightweight.
Stopped reading after the first sentence

If you wanna have a conversation with me, don't say ridiculous shit like "questionable decision" in reference to the first fight with BJ. It was like noob-level judging 29-28 for GSP. You have to have zero concept of the scoring to think otherwise.

People talking about GSP has nothing left to prove like there is some huge gap in age or experience. He is 37 years old with 28 fights, while Woodley is 36 years old with 23 fights.

GSP doesn't want those hands let's be real here. And I'm by no means a Woodley fan, half his fights are extremely boring & he complains to no end but he would beat GSP up badly.

I don't post often, but I couldn't let this go without calling out the dumb motherf*****s in this thread. Seriously, did you just start watching MMA this year? I'm not hating on Woodley, but the nuthuggery in this thread is ridic.

Woodley has faced tougher competition? Lmfao

Woodley is the WW GOAT? F outta here with that shit....

Again, not hating on Woodley at all, but some of his Sherdog fanbase is posting from the short bus. There isn't even a legit gif for you stupid f's

Cut him some slack. He is out of his prime, why would he want to fight Prime Woodley. High risk low reward. To become WW champion?
For what? He already defended million times.
It's 155 or a money fight.
LOL he is 1 year younger the GSP and couldn't climb to the top when GSP was dominating the division because he kept losing to top guys. Now them guys have moved on and He made it to the top so that makes him a prime Woodley and GSP is scared of him......Try again.

Stopped reading after the first sentence

If you wanna have a conversation with me, don't say ridiculous shit like "questionable decision" in reference to the first fight with BJ. It was like noob-level judging 29-28 for GSP. You have to have zero concept of the scoring to think otherwise.
Questionable decision was the consensus among non-Canadian MMA fans when it happened. Why do you think it was split? Are you denying he cheated in the rematch too then? Lmao, keep taking L's dude haha.

It's not just Woodley, it's anyone he knows could beat him. That's why he's only talking about Nate Diaz and Conor. He had no intention of fighting Whittaker or Romero. He came back because he rightfully saw Bisping as easy money and an easy belt.

I love how people like you call Bisping as an easy fight. GSP came back after 4 years and moved up a weight class in the premium mma league to face the champion. Bisping did legit knock out the champ and took that belt so even if he wasn't considered the best at mw, he had been in the top ten for years and is still big, dangerous and the champion. Do you really believe that was not a dangerous fight for GSP?

I like how you assume that those guys would even win against GSP or that GSP is scared somehow.

Sorry to break this to you but if you did a survey of casual fans to see if they knew who the middleweight champ was, I bet you would not find many who would know his name. Tyron is just maybe becoming a bit of a needle mover but he certainly is no super star. And I like both guys but it's the truth.

GSP fought the top of his division for many years and now wants to use his star power at the end of his career to have a few fights of interest. People are so petty that they ignore everything he did and focus on this stuff to shit on him. Let the guy fight whoever he wants ffs.

Gotta like the moral police types being all chirpy when they don't stand to lose a dime or make unhealthy choices themselves, lol. Smh.

DC fought the HW champ @ 39years old. GSP is one year older than Woodley, never stopped training and is healthy. You guys make it sound like GSP is 50 fucking years old. This is the very definition of ducking. It's not about money fights. The UFC could Market the shit out this fight.

Woodley ducked Lombard to get his ts.
He was shook.GSP fought anyone that was in his way to the title and defended against anyone.

Questionable decision was the consensus among non-Canadian MMA fans when it happened. Why do you think it was split? Are you denying he cheated in the rematch too then? Lmao, keep taking L's dude haha.
You have literally lost every argument. Non-Canadian fans bla bla.... you mean americans supporting an american?? The same shit you're trying to flip regarding canadians and canadian fighters..

You're getting demolished dude. Don't talk about wins and losses on Sherdog. You aren't winning an argument with me.... Now reply to the TDD thread where I proved you wrong there too. The only media scores submitted said GSP 29-28. Better luck next time? lol

This talking point is so fucking lame

Pretending like beating prime Tyron Woodley wouldn’t be the best win in GSP’s career

Why would it be? Everyone was ready to hang Tyron for being a dud a few months back. Dana was fucking pissed at the guy and threw him under the bus. Now suddenly he is a sexy new instrument for the haters to attack GSP with. Fuck off you guys. Do you really believe that the people on here are really that stupid? Short memories right boys?

DC fought the HW champ @ 39years old. GSP is one year older than Woodley, never stopped training and is healthy. You guys make it sound like GSP is 50 fucking years old. This is the very definition of ducking. It's not about money fights. The UFC could Market the shit out this fight.
lol yeah and Dominick Cruz isn't even 35 but he's broken as fuck and has been broken for like 5 years.

Age is a number.. lol my fuck, this place.

It's distasteful to me that woodley could have fought GSP, but instead he lost a striking match against shields and thus lost his chance at fighting Georges..

I know fans have a million excuses for it but I find it annoying. The GOAT WW leaves for a long time and then when he comes back to another dominate WW champion all he wants to do is cherry pick a weak MW champ and then guys a lot smaller than him? Lame.

Dominant champ aka has beat 3 people. Shut up.

Tyron is a stellar fighter but you're a clown.

Hurr durrr He hAs NoThInG LeFt tO pRoVe hurr durr

It's not just gsp his fans are the most delusional and insecure in MMA

Wow, that is a truly impressive statement. You come across as a very intelligent and articulate person.snickering-gif-1.gif

Back