It's depressing to think that we may never be able to physicallty travel farther than Mars

e9DJjCo.jpg

Why is it so big?

I was thinking how if we drilled into Mars and found some type of natural resource and it turned out to be a fuel of some sort which allowed us to travel faster than what we have on Earth. That would be something

Huh? Any terrestrial based fuel source will not be a breakthrough.

I like the stargate series where the ship flew through stars to charge

That was interesting and the type of power find we would need, not some “fossil” fuel.

On the flip side, I find it crazy we can look out and see things with telescopes so far away light takes thousands or millions of years to travel the distance

I don't get how it's done actually, telescopes essentially look back in time

Light moves at a finite speed, that's how.

What were you gonna do on Mars anyway?

Wanna know what's more depressing? Next year will be the last year you'll experience with "teen" in the name.

Science is flawed anyway. We don't perceive the universe the way it actually is, we perceive it the way our brains are programmed to perceive it. We will never understand the universe because it's incomprehensible to us. Reality is an illusion. The truth is infinite and can be found by anyone with meditation and good karma

Science is flawed anyway. We don't perceive the universe the way it actually is, we perceive it the way our brains are programmed to perceive it. We will never understand the universe because it's incomprehensible to us. Reality is an illusion. The truth is infinite and can be found by anyone with meditation and good karma

When you get sick, do you meditate and hope it goes away? Or do you meditate to post here? Because most of us use technology which comes form science.

Totally. I cry all the time about it.

That's strange. I don't love people much but I love the casual stroll to the store and just enjoying the outside air
You know I just went for a beer run and the cashier was a read head I'd never seen before. Kind of homely but cute. Worth the trip.

How do you figure something that we’ve never possessed that could be used as a fuel is not a breakthrough?

Yeah. Just finished watching a 3 hours documentary about the size of the universe and space travel and now i feel sort of depressed and overwhelmed. The universe is sooooooooo fucking huge with so fucking many crazy shits and yet we're probably we'll never be able to explore a fraction of it due to the mind boggling distances to cover and other factors. I mean reaching the nearest star system Alpha Centauri would take 80 000 fucking years and that's assuming you travel at the speed of light. this is batshit insane stuff

I mean only reaching Mars pose quite a few problems but that i think we'll be able to overcome soon enough. Farther than Mars however...i am quite skeptical. With probes like the Voyagers , yeah sure but physically ? Call me pessimist but it's gonna be tough. I don't think going to Alpha Centauri and beyond is feasible with energy based spaceships. I think if we actually do it at some point it will be via star trek like teleportation or some stargate portal stuff.

It pisses me off. I sooo want to know what it out there my curiosity is killing me but deep inside i know that there is a very good chance that we'll probably never know. Fuck this lol

What's you take on the whole size of the universe and space travel stuff ?

My take is that our ability to simulate the universe will make the going there relatively obsolete. Spread out a bit sure, maybe be on a space ship but actually go anywhere? Why?

When you can make any universe or reality imaginable and live countless lifetimes in those, in seconds why the fucking fuck would you want to spend huge time going to see boring rocks and gas giants?

My take is that our ability to simulate the universe will make the going there relatively obsolete. Spread out a bit sure, maybe be on a space ship but actually go anywhere? Why?

When you can make any universe or reality imaginable and live countless lifetimes in those, in seconds why the fucking fuck would you want to spend huge time going to see boring rocks and gas giants?

Because it's very likely that there are not only boring rocks and gas giants out there. Just look at the Earth. We are the very exemple of this. It's also about the preservation of thte species through space colonization.

Simulations are cool and can certainly give you an idea of what to expect but ultimately they're just that : simulations.

Because it's very likely that there are not only boring rocks and gas giants out there. Just look at the Earth. We are the very exemple of this. It's also about the preservation of thte species through space colonization.

Simulations are cool and can certainly give you an idea of what to expect but ultimately they're just that : simulations.

We're probably in a simulation already, so..

I said spreading about a bit is important but more than that is where I disagree.

Life (complex) is likely so rare that the speed of light prohibits it's discovery in any meaningful time frame. We are isolated with a hard border of time and space imo.

Yeah. Just finished watching a 3 hours documentary about the size of the universe and space travel and now i feel sort of depressed and overwhelmed. The universe is sooooooooo fucking huge with so fucking many crazy shits and yet we're probably we'll never be able to explore a fraction of it due to the mind boggling distances to cover and other factors. I mean reaching the nearest star system Alpha Centauri would take 80 000 fucking years and that's assuming you travel at the speed of light. this is batshit insane stuff

I mean only reaching Mars pose quite a few problems but that i think we'll be able to overcome soon enough. Farther than Mars however...i am quite skeptical. With probes like the Voyagers , yeah sure but physically ? Call me pessimist but it's gonna be tough. I don't think going to Alpha Centauri and beyond is feasible with energy based spaceships. I think if we actually do it at some point it will be via star trek like teleportation or some stargate portal stuff.

It pisses me off. I sooo want to know what it out there my curiosity is killing me but deep inside i know that there is a very good chance that we'll probably never know. Fuck this lol

What's you take on the whole size of the universe and space travel stuff ?
Humans are stupid.

If you want to travel through universe just take 7g of shrooms or DMT

bf7e4827371c6c45fbc461cf08ed55e6.gif

Back