Its crazy, but Chael Sonnen could have been the 3RD two division UFC champion

Dude, you have 0 clue. Sherdog history will absolutely show that I was going for Chael when he fought Doucheping.

Not sure why you're still so mad that Tito molested Chael though
i agree, though Tito did tap in the fight.

Based on what? Michael Chandler didn't get a NC last when he hurt his ankle taking a step back.
That guy is warrior, wanting to continue fighting with a wag leg. Then the referee stopping the fight to look at his ankle. It looked like they were going to continue letting him fight until they took the stool away when he was gonna sit back down and it appeared like he fell cause of his ankle. Glad they stopped it though.

I think some of you are missing the point of this thread. He didn't say Chael was an all time great. He said he could have been a two division champ and that is undeniable. If he held on for another minute and a half he beats Anderson. If he makes it out of the round he beats Jon by tko doctor stoppage. He was two minutes away from winning two belts and that's a fact.

Tito raped Chael
7mGlua1.png

Facts are facts and wins are wins no matter how they occur

IF Chael just had a little more heart and a lot less bad luck. He would have joined BJ Penn and Randy Couture as the 3rd two division champion. At the same time having a W over the two current GOATS.

BEATING THE WEC CHAMPION PAULO FILHO: Chael Sonnen would have been WEC MW champion after he defeated the then undefeated WEC MW champion Paulo Filho, but couldn't get the belt upon winning because Filho missed weight making it a non-title fight.

NEARLY DEFEATING THE MW GOAT ANDERSON SILVA: For 5 rounds he put on a clinic actually rocking Silva a couple times with punches and beat him up on the ground, unfortunately Sonnen got too over confident....gave up in the last minute when he thought he'd had done enough to win on the cards and coast until the buzzer to become the new UFC MW champion......................and got submitted.

NEARLY DEFEATING JON JONES: Yep, it may be the most outrageous of them all, but its a fact. IF Chael just could have weathered the storm making it out of the first round, the doctor would have most definitely had stopped the fight due to Jones's big toe having been broken completely off hanging on by skin and Sonnen would have won by Dr. stoppage becoming LHW champion

Not true on the Jones thing,they may has not even noticed it.

Even if he beat Anderson at UFC 117, it would of been a NC cuz Chael was roided and failed his drug test. Pre-USADA too, so you know he was juiced to the max

Wouldn't he still have his reign as UFC Champ recognized? Or would they act like he basically never won the belt.

Wouldn't he still have his reign as UFC Champ recognized? Or would they act like he basically never won the belt.
Not sure, but i doubt they would call you a champion for a NC

Barnett had the same thing happen, i have no clue if the UFC recognizes him as former HW champ or not to be honest

I think some of you are missing the point of this thread. He didn't say Chael was an all time great. He said he could have been a two division champ and that is undeniable. If he held on for another minute and a half he beats Anderson. If he makes it out of the round he beats Jon by tko doctor stoppage. He was two minutes away from winning two belts and that's a fact.
Thank you, you are one of the few intelligent people on this forum

Not true on the Jones thing,they may has not even noticed it.
Would have been stopped....they dont let you fight with a bone sticking out of your foot. Jones would be fighting with a fucking flipper with blood everywhere lol. This look like a guy that would continue lol?

Last edited:
'Could have been' is as far as Sonnen ever got in his career lol.

This, no one even noticed it. Jones was the only person to actually see it.
Yes. Would have been stopped. When a broken bone pierces the skin they dont let you continue. Did you see the toe? He went into shock the moment Joe Rogan pointed it out along with the blood lol. Joe himself said it was a good thing he finished it before the round ended or the fight may have been stopped. Idk why people comment before they even know what they're talking about.

For everyone who says the fight with Jones wouldnt have been stopped. Jones maybe would have wanted to continue I am sure. however, when bones exiting the skin "serious compound fractures" that will bleed everywhere no Doctor would let it go.
"Had Sonnen lasted another 27 seconds, he would have become champion. If Jones went back to his corner after the first round with a broken toe, doctors would have stopped the fight immediately and awarded Sonnen a TKO victory."

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back