It's been over 5 months since CM Punks last fight, when are they gonna announce

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
His next fight? Mickey Gall has already taken another fight in the mean time against Sage.

I want to see if he has improved. I expect them to announce something in a month or two.

They don't have many bankable stars, Jones is suspended. Brock retired. Mac is sitting out. Ronda is done. GSP may or may not come back. Nate and Nick Diaz seem to not want to fight unless it's for a belt. CM Punk is a known star and he's sitting on the bench. Plus I enjoy watching him get beat up. He really deserved every inch of the beating Gall gave him. Hopefully the next guy beats some reality into this guy. But who else is bankable? Anderson Silva is old and slow and a mere shell of his former younger ped self.

33m51lk.jpg

I actually like those "special" fights. I am always intrigued to see how it will wrap up! However, WWE stars/actors/any celebrities training in MMA should only fight fighters away from their prime (couture, chuck, franklin...). If they fights upcoming young stud, it make the outcome way too obvious.

Matt Brown vs CM Punk.

Let's see if he still wants to be a fighter when he gets in there with an animal like Brown.

I actually like those "special" fights. I am always intrigued to see how it will wrap up! However, WWE stars/actors/any celebrities training in MMA should only fight fighters away from their prime (couture, chuck, franklin...). If they fights upcoming young stud, it make the outcome way too obvious.
I always felt like freakshows should fight other freak shows. Like giant Silva vs akebono. Get a washed up prowrestler to fight cm punk. I remember the green ranger wanted to fight punk. That would have been great

I bet we see him on TUF. It will be easier to justify bringing in someone that he can beat on that show then it would bringing in someone to the official roster.

UFC will get a much needed ratings boost for TUF and if they match Punk up right and he gets a win they can use Punk for one more PPV event afterwards.

Cause no one cares about him. Needs to go to king of the cage.

vs. Rousey for some type of interim cross gender belt ??

I bet we see him on TUF. It will be easier to justify bringing in someone that he can beat on that show then it would bringing in someone to the official roster.

UFC will get a much needed ratings boost for TUF and if they match Punk up right and he gets a win they can use Punk for one more PPV event afterwards.
I think ppv > tuf ratings. They already had that stupid show the making of punk or whatever. They don't want to give away CM Punk fights for free especially on tuf and especially if he loses. Unless they pay some regional fighter to lose to Punk on the show. Then we're headed to murky waters. I couldnt see the Fertitas working a fight because of the blowback. But I could see WME doing it. They're a faceless mega corporation.

It took them a long time to announce his first one.

If they wait even longer for the second, he might actually improve enough to win a fight.

Back