It's an occasion, you can choose any restaurant.

New
Where go, what get?
There's a place in Baltimore called Joe's Crabshack... I had a swordfish steak there, fileted and stuffed with fresh Maryland Blue Crab.

Incredible flavor, filling, relatively simple. Would go there another thousand times for the same meal.

Heyooooo

I was just about to say seafood, then I read your OP. Yeah, good choice.

I'd rather go to South Beach Grille here in Ocean Beach and eat fish tacos than go to pretty much any of those overprices crab/lobster places.
don't wanna fight the bums off to get into Hodads?

don't wanna fight the bums off to get into Hodads?
LOL, I'm not a huge fan of Hodads anyway, but fighting off bums is a full time job in OB. It's fucking annoying to if you want to use a bathroom in any business too. Fucking tweakers ruining it for everyone.

LOL, I'm not a huge fan of Hodads anyway, but fighting off bums is a full time job in OB. It's fucking annoying to if you want to use a bathroom in any business too. Fucking tweakers ruining it for everyone.
you're not lying
we used to hit up that Seedless store off Bacon St near OB, and man. Had to Heisman them fools off you damn near

I'm a foodie. had some fantastic meals in some great cities/countries around the world.

Italy, NYC, Madrid Spain and Montreal stand out to me as the best foodie cities I've been to but Chicago leads them all IMO and has been my best food experience.

Went to Next in Chicago after calling in a favour to get past the 6 month waiting list and it was everything I was told it would be. Also a celebrity favorite.

On my bucket list is Alinea also in Chicago and often ranked in the worlds best restaurants. I almost went a month ago.

One of my dreams is to dine at the rotating restaurant in the CN Tower in Toronto

30b7e309b37edd46354969d3605d8264.jpg

I'd take a Rose, Alberta prime rib and bison tartare for the appetiser.

the restaurant is ok. Not great but good. But the entire experience of the tower makes it worth it.

Make sure you do the Edge Walk while there. Its fun. I've done it twice now.

EdgeWalk-journalists-CN-tower-750x499.jpg

7124244.jpg

EdgeWalk-20-770x578.jpg

tourists-doing-the-edgewalk-in-the-cn-tower-it-is-the-worlds-highest-picture-id853641496

CN-Tower-Toronto-18.jpg

French Laundry in Yountville, CA - Wife really wants eat here. Maybe on our 10th year anniversary. Not a fan of these snobby pretencious high class restaurants though. I rather eat a casual hole in the wall joint. Also to spend $750-1000+ on a meal for 2 is just ridiculous.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/french-laundry-yountville

The Kitchen in Sacramento, CA - Always wanted to try it out, but it's pretty damn expensive (~$500-600+ for 2), although not as expensive as French Laundry.
https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-kitchen-restaurant-sacramento

I'm so cheap though that I don't know if I can drop that kind of money for 1 meal. If I set my limit to the $300s for 2, then maybe one of the michellin star japanese restaurants thoughout the Bay. Sushi Yoshizumi in San Mateo would be probably one of my first choices. Always wanted to try Omakase in San Francisco too, but for 2 you're talking at least $400 after tax and tip.

Crystal Jade in Hong Kong for the xiao long bao and la mein.

The local diner/truckstop. Fuck your fancy shit, gimme a proper greasebomb double with bacon.

Why are people posting corporate restaurant chains as great places to eat.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day... I'm sure many of them have some good shit, especially when the staff there is good.. that's where it gets iffy, shit staff, which can plague great restaurants too.

Cheesecake Factory. Either they or Red Lobster, but CF is a notch above, imo.

I'm taking her to the nearest taco truck. If she thinks its below her, then she ain't worth my time

Restaurants that I've eaten at and don't get chances to eat there very often:
Bukhara in Delhi, India (Northern Indian Cuisine (lamb))
1884 Mendoza, Argentina (lamb)
DOSA, San Francisco (Southern Indian Cuisine)

There's a Vietnamese place near my work that does the best Pho I've ever had, huge bowl too, i'll pick that one thanks. Or the Japanese place near my house that does a great bento box, food always fresh and hot.

Let me know what kind of food you like and a budget you're comfortable with.

Also make sure you check out Reading Terminal Market, there are a bunch of great food stands there.
I met my gal there my fella.

Never been disappointed with the Keg. Escargot is so yummy there.

Everytime I go head to Maryland or Northern Virginia, I always go to Evolve. It's a mid-level (not quite high-end) vegan restaurant. Their lasagna and fried "chicken" is wildly delicious.

Back