it's absurd some college athletes aren't paid.

Imalive

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
obviously every athlete in college sports shouldnt be paid because not all generate enough revenue but the fact that these huge basketball and football programs can bring in billions of dollars and everyone is paid except the athletes is bullshit. the we let them go to our school for free is Bulls hit because the idea of a student athlete in these major programs is a joke.

it's got to suck to see your coach getting paid millions, seeing a packed stadium full of people who came to see you while wearing your ovwr priced jersey to be broke while putting in a shit load of hours and sacrificing your body.

Its pretty retarded.

But, but they get a free education, because yes. The athlete would prefer a free education >>possibly hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars.

If i was a superstar athlete in college i would cut out and leave at the first opportunity to get signed by nfl, nba, etc. Screw being loyal to a school and college when i could live a dream and make millions

Last edited:
It's illegal for college athlete to get an income. End of story.

Aren't they getting a free education? That shit ain't cheap.

so the coach gets millions and the star player everyone goes see gets to go to the school he plays for?

the problem is millions are being generated but very little is going to the players.

And their schools get to rake in millions from how little they're paid.
Michael-Jordan-Shrug-After-3-Pointer.gif

what law?
It's always been illegal. Jim Tressel's career was ruined by overlooking that some of his players got free tatoos.

Little more to it that that, but that's it in a nutshell.

It's always been illegal. Jim Tressel's career was ruined by overlooking that some of his players got free tatoos.

Little more to it that that, but that's it in a nutshell.
illegal as in criminal?

The whole thing is fucked, college is for learning.

I don't give a sh!t if they don't get paid- God put them on this earth to entertain me- Entertain me, damnit!

Don't they get a living expense stipend and an academic stipend.

Blueblood football players get rental cars, $500 handshakes, free crablegs, free tattoos, etc etc. Nobody is holding a gun to their heads and making them play

illegal as in criminal?

No, I don’t think so. If I understand, and perhaps I don’t, but I think it’s an NCAA rule that’s been upheld in court numerous times.
I shouldn't have used the word illegal.

No, I don’t think so. If I understand, and perhaps I don’t, but I think it’s an NCAA rule that’s been upheld in court numerous times.
I shouldn't have used the word illegal.
then what is your point?

Back