Italy: Elections on Sunday. Populist Victory?

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
So, is joining Hungary and Poland on Sunday and going populist? What's the chance of Ital making moves to break off from the EU? Since so much of this EU push back is due to migrant related issues could this be why Merkel has finally admitted to No Go Zones in Germany and is "talking tough" about government dealing with it on the off chance German society stops wanting to be nice?

Nah, no way Italy breaks away from the EU. They're not doing well economically, plus internal fighting will prevent them from making any meaningful changes. From what I've heard from relatives, is that there's huge resentment towards migrants but the politicians are all incompetent.

Nah, no way Italy breaks away from the EU. They're not doing well economically, plus internal fighting will prevent them from making any meaningful changes. From what I've heard from relatives, is that there's huge resentment towards migrants but the politicians are all incompetent.
Thank for some insight. You're probably right about Italy not breaking off, but I don't think England will be the only one. That is if England is allowed to actually go through with it. I think there are enough politicians in Parliament living in the EU commissions pocket that it'll be blocked or so neutered as to make England nothing more than an an indentured servant nation.

Thank for some insight. You're probably right about Italy not breaking off, but I don't think England will be the only one. That is if England is allowed to actually go through with it. I think there are enough politicians in Parliament living in the EU commissions pocket that it'll be blocked or so neutered as to make England nothing more than an an indentured servant nation.
Yeah, England probably won't be the only one. I can definitely see another country getting fed up and saying "I'm out". Pretty sure a lot have thought about it.

From what little I've read it seems inevitable that a centre-right wing coalition will win, although they seem to be more for controlled immigration, rather than outright break from the EU which would be a grave mistake for a country so economically and geographically tied up in the system.

Turning to a Berlusconi headed coalition seems naive to me if the intention is to curb immigration, however.

A public shift to the right in regards to immigration is to be expected in what is the entrance to Europe for many migrants. Across Europe the left continually refuse to get tough on immigration and are losing their working class/youth voter bases (who are hit hardest by increased populations, increased competition for jobs etc.,)

The EU should rightly be concerned by the growing number of countries banding together within the structure (Italy, Hungary, visegrad)

Last edited:
From what little I've read it seems inevitable that a centre-right wing coalition will win, although they seem to be more for controlled immigration, rather than outright break from the EU, which would be a grave mistake for a country so economically and geographically tied up in the system.

Turning to a Berlusconi headed coalition seems naive to me if the intention is to curb immigration, however.

A public shift to the right in regards to immigration is to be expected in what is the entrance to Europe for many migrants. Across Europe the left continually refuse to get tough on immigration and are losing their working class/youth voter bases (who are hit hardest by increased populations, increased competition for jobs etc.,)

The EU should rightly be concerned by the growing number of countries banding together within the structure (Italy, Hungary, visegrad)
Don't count the EU commission out though. They've come too far, invested too much money and time into NWO just to let it start slipping through their hands now. Personally, I think they jumped the gun on pulling the mass migration trigger. They had the right foundation with the school indoctrination going for them and should have doubled down in it.

Now with the increasing demands for speech censorship they're playing too many of their cards to fast. They were working the better armed increased security presence in major cities angle well but having seemed to be doing much more with that.

England kinda of threw a spanner in the works and it's pulling too much attention away from these other hot spots flaring up.

They're gonna have to step up their game if that EU Reich is truly going to become a reality.

england is a very special case. it's less indicative of EU-wide sentiment than you might think.
also, looking at the list in italy, it's hard to find a non-populist candidate. it's levels.
it's probably going to be forza italia and some other 10 percenter party to try a coalition that will do nothing but squabble and do very little for the overall development.
european politicians are very, very bad all over, at the moment. like, unimaginative, cowardly opportunistic bastards. the election of a muppet like macron in france is not the triumph of centrism, is the triumph of nihilism.

The people of southern Italy are not cucks and couldn't care less about being PC or called racists or whatever. If their vote counts, its going to be very interesting.

People need to stop calling it populism.

It's reaction-ism. It's just people voting for reactionary types that don't know what they're doing but say things like "tough on crime," "our country first," and propose reductive and reflexive solutions without forethought.

People need to stop calling it populism.

It's reaction-ism. It's just people voting for reactionary types that don't know what they're doing but say things like "tough on crime," "our country first," and propose reductive and reflexive solutions without forethought.
Which seems to be rather popular...
<seedat>

Which seems to be rather popular...
<seedat>

I think populism is best understood, though, as appealing to the common man's interests: not stoking, maximizing, and exploiting his fear and ignorance, especially toward policies that are in a large part against his interests.

I think populism is best understood, though, as appealing to the common man's interests: not stoking, maximizing, and exploiting his fear and ignorance, especially toward policies that are in a large part against his interests.
If this is what the Italian people want then that's what they'll vote in. It's not yours or my place to gainsay them that if we have any real appreciation of democracy

If this is what the Italian people want then that's what they'll vote in. It's not yours or my place to gainsay them that if we have any real appreciation of democracy

A decision being democratic doesnt mean it isnt stupid.

The definition of populism is a bit scattered, but one definition is "an ideology that pits a virtuous and homogeneous people against a set of elites and dangerous 'others' who are together depicted as depriving (or attempting to deprive) the sovereign people of their rights, values, prosperity, identity, and voice". Not completely unfitting in this context, I would say.

A decision being democratic doesnt mean it isnt stupid.
Whether it's stupid or not depends on the ultimate result of the decision and what the outcome of those that make the decision wish for as an outcome. There's also risk vs reward in any decision. Are the risks or costs worth the outcome or will it be an abject failure or a pyrrhic victory at best.

Many would say that the election of Trump was a pyrrhic victory for conservatives as far as the vote itself. We are now in the phase of learning whether it was a complete abject failure, pyrrhic victory or worth the cost. Much of that will depend on why you may have voted for him.

As italian living in Italy

We have 4 main options, all of wich are populist

The people of southern Italy are not cucks and couldn't care less about being PC or called racists or whatever. If their vote counts, its going to be very interesting.

Tbh the north is even more right-wing

On general nobody give much fucks about 2018 PC trends
We got 99 problems but thanks gods that retardness is'nt one

Here the left at worst play the "fascism" card due our past, but even at that usually is just the most irrelevant communist players (or the president if he want to play Mr.Nice guy) that like to talk as if zombie-mussolini is going to rise and march on Rome

If anything say trudeauesque stuff here will only make you look douchebag and lose votes

About immigration you have either the right talking about "hard punishments" (aka almost nothing) or the left talking about "solutions" (aka nothing)

1- From what little I've read it seems inevitable that a centre-right wing coalition will win, although they seem to be more for controlled immigration, rather than outright break from the EU which would be a grave mistake for a country so economically and geographically tied up in the system.

2- Turning to a Berlusconi headed coalition seems naive to me if the intention is to curb immigration, however.

1- I think first round of votes can really end up into nothig done, two outcomes most expected right now are a draw or a slight center-right win

2- technically Berlusconi will not be premier, the two possible options from the main two right parties are
Tajani (Forza Italia)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antonio_Tajani
Salvini (Lega Nord)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Salvini

Btw there's a party called Movimento 5 Stelle wich right now is possibly the one that will win more votes, but does'nt align itself with either left or right, to play the "we are not old style politic party" gimmick

Centre-right is supposed to get more votes than them, with 4 parties combined votes

Situation essentially looks like

1- Corrupted rightwing populism

2- Trendy but useless hipsters

3- Babbling lefties and cucks

4- A left party nobody care

Let the Mafia, N'Drangheta, Camorra run the country. They will eliminate anyone not pulling their weight, and anyone disloyal, anyone trying to take what is theirs. Everyone in the country will have to be on their toes, be tough, and put in the necessary work to get ahead.

Back