It will take 6 months of training for a Boxer to have Nate Diaz Kicks/Leg checking/Wrestling skills.

who knows, some people pick up grappling faster than others, it's not like all boxers have the same body type, balance, speed strength, cardio for grappling etc. Some boxers can train all your life and they will won't be as good as for example Gus or Whittaker at takedown defense.

As if sports work like this, it's not like if Lebron and Kobe both started training tennis for 1 year they would be at the same level as each other.

BJ Penn got his BB in like couple of years, some people train BJJ for a decade and doesn't reach half of that.

People using "time trained" as some kind of measurement is stupid as hell. Shaq can train 3 point shooting for 50 years and he still won't shoot as well as a high school Steph Curry

I don't see why people think a boxer will get killed in MMA.

Diaz literally has beginners kicks and meh wrestling(Not that he cares because he has BJJ)......He is literally a flat footed boxer in MMA.

Canelo, GGG, or Mayweather can totally get Nate Diaz kicking/leg checking/wrestling skills in around 6 months.

Hell, I think they will beat Nate Diaz in a kickboxing match right now...that's how little Nate Diaz uses kicks.

Once Canelo/GGG/Mayweather etc get used to kicks....they will be way better than Nate Diaz in the stand up in MMA.

Now they would be effective against certain fighters like Conor, and other stand up fighters....true Wrestling fighters like Khabib and Ferguson will kill em....However they still have a chance.

This is why Canelo/GGG would destroy Conor in an MMA match...simply a bad matchup...I mean if Diaz did that to Conor with flat footed pillow fisting boxing...imagine what a real boxer will do.

Also six months to get Mayweather boxing skills for a mma wrestler.

Diaz literally has beginners kicks and meh wrestling(Not that he cares because he has BJJ)......He is literally a flat footed boxer in MMA.

Canelo, GGG, or Mayweather can totally get Nate Diaz kicking/leg checking/wrestling skills in around 6 months.

Hell, I think they will beat Nate Diaz in a kickboxing match right now...that's how little Nate Diaz uses kicks.

Once Canelo/GGG/Mayweather etc get used to kicks....they will be way better than Nate Diaz in the stand up in MMA.

Now they would be effective against certain fighters like Conor, and other stand up fighters....true Wrestling fighters like Khabib and Ferguson will kill em....However they still have a chance.

This is why Canelo/GGG would destroy Conor in an MMA match...simply a bad matchup...I mean if Diaz did that to Conor with flat footed pillow fisting boxing...imagine what a real boxer will do.

Dumbest threadof the day?

The reason why the Diaz brothers have never bothered with wrestling and trained minimally in checking kicks is because they are at an advantage on the ground against virtually anyone they fight. They don't care if they get taken down or not.

Not saying its a logical strategy as fighters sub defense as a whole has improved dramatically over the years but to say a boxer could stay up with 6 months training against even the most rudimentary takedown is incredibly dumb...

FoolhardyClassicChinchilla.gif

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

Benson+Henderson+Low+Kicks+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

yeah bro...doubt a pro boxer, could get Diaz Leg checking skills, and kicks in 6 months...Just look at his amazing checking/kick skills lol.
Yeah man...posting savages like Henderson and Dos Anjos kicking him means he really sucks. I agree he aint the best at checking kicks, Ill give you that, but thats like saying "'dudes in ufc get hit in face. Dont they know how to cover and slip. No one taught them?! Why are they getting hit in the face?! I dont understand!" its a fight bro. People get hit.

Dude, Conor out wrestled Holloway with only one knee. Conor isn’t going to outwrestle high level wrestlers, but if he needed to wrestle a boxer he definitely can.

Nice try though.
One knee LMFAO

I agree......just like it will take Nate, his whole lifetime to reach Canelo/GGG boxing skills.

The point is...this is MMA.....Boxers already have a good foundation to build on....Nate has proven that a simple boxing style is enough to reach top 10 in LW.

Obviously a Boxer would have more trouble on the ground....but if he develops his TDD much better than Nates or close to it...He will go very far

Were you around when Randy vs Tomey happened ?

Tomey trained wrestling ,mainly take down defence and kicking for six months. Randy took him down in five seconds with a simple ankle pick. Got his first sub in forever.

Not the biggest Nate fan but come on. Sure he doesn't have the best wrestling. You forget the fact he uses judo to take down his opponents and will also pull guard. I don't give a crap how good a Boxer one may be. In six months against a high level BJJ Black Belt the Boxer wouldn't stand a chance.

In the six months of training the Boxer would have to split time between take down defence , scrambling to get back up if taken down and sub defence... thats way to much to learn over that amount of time effectively.

Not even including and other forms of striking. Leg kicks, checking kicks, elbows, ground and pound.

i agree floyd is A level, but some people are just nonathletic bums like cm punk and wouldn't understand.

Until they run into someone with very high level wrestling, like Cormier or Romero, and can't do shit about it. Rumble was a juco wrestling champion and still couldn't do shit against DC on the ground.
still cant believe my boy Rumble couldn't impose his will on DC Cormier. he had the perfect gameplan...smh

Tony was fat, 40, and didn't train for one single minute.

Really? Tell that to his coaches and training partners. Remember video of him training , doing wrestling, BJJ and the lot.

But guess you know better. He didn't train for one single minute??? WOW!!

Your missing the point. The discrepancy between Nate's boxing and any professional Boxer is LESS than any Boxer who would only have six months training for all the rest of what MMA involves.

A pro Boxer even has to change a lot up just to step in a cage . Stance is different , footwork is different , defence , offence. Boxing in itself translates differently when used in MMA.

Have you ever trained in anything MMA?

Either you think very little of Nate or you think way to highly of boxing

I think we're done here...

This is why I said, some fighters like Khabib will destroy em...but stand up fighters who aren't experts in takedowns like Conor...would have huge trouble.

Against the vast majority of boxers, Conor would try to stand with them, get lit up on the feet, panic wrestle... and then win.

That's kinda where the Nate comparison breaks down...

His Jitz saves him a LOT

Leg check? Do they even know what that is in Stockton?

The thing about a high level boxer is that every opponent will know that they have shit ground game. So they would use most of the efforts dragging them to the ground instead of obliging a kick/punch fight.

And then they get taken down and look just like CM Punk.

Nate was different story. Let GGG fight with Briedis bigger guy

They dont even need 6 months canelo, GGG, mayweather or even lomachenko kill conor in MMA street foght whatever.

Back