It will take 6 months of training for a Boxer to have Nate Diaz Kicks/Leg checking/Wrestling skills.

I don't see why a guy like Anthony Joshua 250+ lbs shredded can't grapple like Ngannou can with a year of training. And his boxing, other HWs lack of defense.. Overeems and Arlovskis in the top 10 and top 5..
HW can be dominated by a boxer except a few guys, Cain, Werdum, Stipe.

you seem to conviently forget that Nate is a BJJ BB. which would take years for a boxer to learn, and which is why Nate doens't desperately need to have good wrestling (it's better to be able to wrestle for sure, less so when you have good BJJ)

the irish duck is a farce, and would lose against most good wrestlers, but I'm not sure he'd lose in MMA against a boxer. I'd even say it's one of the few matchups he'd have the balls to accept.
Im just saying boxers can reach Nates level in kicking, checking kicks, and wrestling in quick time....I agree, a Boxers BJJ will be lightyears behind and will be defensive.

I feel Canelo/GGG would destroy Conor, if Conor can't take em down....Canelo/GGG are pretty strong and big, not manlets.....they just have to get used to MMA distance/kicks.

Also I created the gif, you use for your avatar lol.

Lomachenko would make MM look like an amateur with 6months of training

Im just saying boxers can reach Nates level in kicking, checking kicks, and wrestling in quick time....I agree, a Boxers BJJ will be lightyears behind and will be defensive.

I feel Canelo/GGG would destroy Conor, if Conor can't take em down....Canelo/GGG are pretty strong and big, not manlets.....they just have to get used to MMA distance/kicks.

There's also technique involved in wrestling, and I'm not sure it can be pickup that fast.

We agree that if no takedown, mctap would lose aginst the boxers you mentionned, and even lower level boxers I believe.

I got the av gif from @SirKratos, but if you're the one who made it, congrats man ! great job and thank you very much :D

{<doc}

giphy.gif

LMFAO...everybody bringing up this fight...bro he beat a 7-2 Max who had a fucked up ankle.....Sure Conor was injured too.

Conor was also cutting much more weight and bigger than halloway.

Wow he subbed some guy in regional MMA...LMFAO.

First, you're an idiot...you don't think holloway cuts a ton of weight...and if you weigh the same, have never missed weight, you are that weight...no such thing as "he's a bigger guy" cause they both weighed the same....and my point is, holloway was a pro ufc fighter....you were saying some random boxer could just come over and beat conor...that is retarded....and whether it was regional or not, the guy was a pro mma fighter, who was a legit bjj black belt....

FoolhardyClassicChinchilla.gif

Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

Benson+Henderson+Low+Kicks+Nate+Diaz+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

yeah bro...doubt a pro boxer, could get Diaz Leg checking skills, and kicks in 6 months...Just look at his amazing checking/kick skills lol.
nobody gives a shit about Nate's wrestling or kicking and the only reason ppl thinks his boxing is good is because most fighters don't want to play in his guard. For the most part Nate just out works most guys and ppl don't want to grapple with him it all comes back to his BJJ and workrate not his overall striking or defensive wrestling.

It will take more than 6 years to get on Nate bjj level

this.

also, just because a pro fighter does not check kicks, it does not follow that they have zero leg conditioning to absorb them.

how many kicks has Diaz taken over his lifetime during training and fights? compare that to what your boxer with 6 months of training will have.

silly post, TS.

And if he doesn't? and decide to leg kick em, like he did agaisnt Nate....or Canelo TDD is enough to stuff em...RDA is a deadman.

If Canelos tdd is only as good as Nates, which is the whole point of this thread, then he will get taken down and beat the fuck up by damn near everyone.

Nates tdd sucks. He survives on his BJJ.

They would absolutely not be able to throw Barboza/vintage Aldo style kicks in months. People train years and still don't kick that well.

If Canelos tdd is only as good as Nates, which is the whole point of this thread, then he will get taken down and beat the fuck up by damn near everyone.

Nates tdd sucks. He survives on his BJJ.
TDD and BJJ are not mutually exclusive. There are different ways to play BJJ. That's why I try to stay out of these threads. It's basically pointless having these discussions with rubes who have never trained a day in their lives.

I agree......just like it will take Nate, his whole lifetime to reach Canelo/GGG boxing skills.

The point is...this is MMA.....Boxers already have a good foundation to build on....Nate has proven that a simple boxing style is enough to reach top 10 in LW.

Obviously a Boxer would have more trouble on the ground....but if he develops his TDD much better than Nates or close to it...He will go very far

Except they would need takedown defense even more than leg kick defense...

TDD and BJJ are not mutually exclusive. There are different ways to play BJJ. That's why I try to stay out of these threads. It's basically pointless having these discussions with rubes who have never trained a day in their lives.

No but the boxer still theoretically isn't gonna have magic tdd powers.

Until they run into someone with very high level wrestling, like Cormier or Romero, and can't do shit about it. Rumble was a juco wrestling champion and still couldn't do shit against DC on the ground.

Back