It Was Either Going To Be a Screwy KO Win, or an Unsatisfying DQ / NC

A

AronaBeatsJones

Take your pick.

Had the ref stopped the action after the Stephens knee, there's no way Emmett was going to be able to continue in that condition. And in the extremely unlikely event he would've, he just would've been KO'd anyway, and people would've cited the earlier knee for being a factor.

No win situation after that point, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take your pick.

Had the ref stopped the action after the Stephens knee, there's no way Emmett was going to be able to continue in that condition. And in the extremely unlikely he would've, he just would've been KO'd anyway, and people would've cited the earlier knee for being a factor.

No win situation after that point, IMHO.
it's like Eddie vs Poirier except for the knee not landing in this fight still I'm a Stephens fan but this fight and his one with Edgar he threw knees that was clearly illegal someone should talk to him about them.

it's like Eddie vs Poirier except for the knee not landing in this fight still I'm a Stephens fan but this fight and his one with Edgar he threw knees that was clearly illegal someone should talk to him about them.

I'd totally forgotten about the Edgar knee. He needs to reel it in before it costs him a fight.

if the knee didn’t land then it’s not an issue.

Either way, it's Jeremy Stephens' fault for throwing illegal knees in his fights.

This begs the question, why did he throw it??? It's so blatantly illegal, the ref should've stepped in to give Emmett a chance to recover. Even if it barely landed, giving Josh time to recover should be punishment for even trying to throw the illegal shot.

This begs the question, why did he throw it??? It's so blatantly illegal, the ref should've stepped in to give Emmett a chance to recover. Even if it barely landed, giving Josh time to recover should be punishment for even trying to throw the illegal shot.

A referee like Marc Goddard would been all over that shit.

Dan Miragliotta is just a known hack who sucks at his job.

He landed two or three viscous elbows to the back of Josh's head right before the knee. The ref never should have given him the chance to throw the knee IMO.

I love bro logic... "I shot at him but didn't hit him officer, I'm free to go right?"
There’s a bit of a stretch between shooting at someone and throwing a knee in a fight.

Your kung fu is weak.

I'm torn, Stephens was clearly wining and gonna get the tko and I like division moving along, but blatant disregard for the rules should not be rewarded with title fights and bonuses. It didn't look damaging but the point is it's still not ok if you can't win within the rules get the fuck out of the sport. So I guess I prefer a NC.

He landed two or three viscous elbows to the back of Josh's head right before the knee. The ref never should have given him the chance to throw the knee IMO.
he landed one at most you know the Belfort KOs over Sexyama and Franklin that is shots to the back of the head. An elbow to the ear and right behind the ear/side off the head isn't the back of the head and even like the ref said those shot was due to Josh turnning his head. Just because DC gos and says they are illegal that's him talking out his ass. He isn't a ref or any type of person who has the right to say what's illegal or not especially when you have a ref like Herb Dean whose definition of "back of the head" is different then lets say John McCarthy or Marc Goddard opinion.

he landed one at most you know the Belfort KOs over Sexyama and Franklin that is shots to the back of the head. An elbow to the ear and right behind the ear/side off the head isn't the back of the head and even like the ref said those shot was due to Josh turnning his head. Just because DC gos and says they are illegal that's him talking out his ass. He isn't a ref or any type of person who has the right to say what's illegal or not especially when you have a ref like Herb Dean whose definition of "back of the head" is different then lets say John McCarthy or Marc Goddard opinion.
When a guy is facing down and you’re standing over him you have no business throwing elbows in the first place. You’re wrong, he landed at least 2 illegal elbows, it should have been stopped but Dan is a terrible ref

When a guy is facing down and you’re standing over him you have no business throwing elbows in the first place. You’re wrong, he landed at least 2 illegal elbows, it should have been stopped but Dan is a terrible ref
prove it!!!! there's a gif of the knee missing where's the one of the elbows just as soon as Josh was face down Jeremy stopped throwing his elbows and stood up.

prove it!!!! there's a gif of the knee missing where's the one of the elbows just as soon as Josh was face down Jeremy stopped throwing his elbows and stood up.
Watch a replay. It’s pretty clear buddy.

Watch a replay. It’s pretty clear buddy.
I did watch the replay and it clearly showed an elbow to the ear and one that might have been questionable but none that was to the back of the head.

A referee like Marc Goddard would been all over that shit.

Dan Miragliotta is just a known hack who sucks at his job.
Dan’s been bad as long as he’s been in the big show. Remember the Heath Herring eye poke pre-fight? Didn’t even give him time to recover.

I love bro logic... "I shot at him but didn't hit him officer, I'm free to go right?"

The discussion is about a sanctioned fight, not a random act of violence. Intent plays an important role in both the criminal justice system and the enforcement of the rules of mma, but there's clearly a significant difference between the two in the way that infractions are punished based on intent. If that wasn't the case, then Emmett should have been deducted a point for the low blow on Stephens regardless if it was intentional or not.

Back