'It smells like death:' Alabama endures New York City 'poop train'

Seriously? Care to expand on "all my travels"?

I've actually never been to Alabama . . . but I'm surprised to hear this . . .

I've traveled at least through most states. Seriously the people in 'Bama were not nice as a general rule. I don't think they like outsiders at all.

I've traveled at least through most states. Seriously the people in 'Bama were not nice as a general rule. I don't think they like outsiders at all.

Interesting. Sorry to hear you had to deal with that.

We don't care for outsiders.

It was probably your "honk if you voted for Hillary" bumper sticker.

They should have treated you better... Being mean was the wrong thing to do

ap_18107633927651_wide-da5976e4436c5407f2f3b77e7db8d7d8eaa4a52c-s700-c85.jpg

The zhit-train keeps on rollin!!

They should have treated you better... Being mean was the wrong thing to do
Pa-lease! He probably came in and asked where the gender neutral bathroom was...we don't play that shit.

There are some beautiful places in Alabama. On the lakes, North Alabama around Huntsville, and the Gulf Coast is awesome.

However, Birmingham, Mobile and Montgomery are not.

I'm surprised they didn't keep it in New York, being as it is a shithole.

lol

so the 'government is evil' and 'regulations are evil' communities are getting dumped on by free market

Wtf? Don't you guys have sewage treatment plants? What a bizarre story.

lol

so the 'government is evil' and 'regulations are evil' communities are getting dumped on by free market

Sad thing is they could be covered with this shit from head to toe and still vote red.

https://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2018/05/febreze_freshens_up_alabama_to.html

Febreze freshens up Alabama town after poop train rolls on

After the foul-smelling poop train finally left the small Walker County town of Parrish, the much better-smelling Febreze van rolled in.

Febreze gave out free samples of its odor-eliminating products to residents of Parrish after a train carrying more than 200 shipping containers of sewer sludge sat on a rail yard in town for more than two months as the containers were hauled by trucks one-by-one to a landfill about 20 miles away.

Sewer sludge is the solid material left behind after modern wastewater treatment processes, and the foul-smelling sludge was being shipped from treatment plants in New York and New Jersey to an Alabama landfill for disposal.

Residents complained of the odors for weeks, comparing the smell to decomposing bodies, and some saying they could barely stand to be outside until the last of the containers was hauled away on April 17.

Last of the New York sewage sludge cars leaves Parrish

Mayor Heather Hall said the last containers of human waste from New York and New Jersey have left her town.

Febreze came in shortly after to provide at least some relief.

"At Febreze, we believe that no one should be immersed in stink and are confident that our lineup of odor-eliminating products could finally bring a breath of fresh air to the good people of Parrish," said Mandy Ciccarella, communications manager for Proctor and Gamble Home Care, which makes Febreze.

Febreze this week released a YouTube video that includes interviews with Parrish residents about the experience with the poop train, and reactions after getting free bottles and cans of Febreze.

"The running joke was when the poop train came that we just needed to drop Febreze on top of the train," one resident said in the video.

Febreze couldn't do that, but the company did apparently drive around town handing out free samples after the train left.

"The poop train brought the funk and Febreze came by to freshen us up," another resident said.

You can watch the full video below:

Back