It seems Conor is turning blame on his coaches

The biggest problem is he is surrounded by Yes Men, who don't push or challenge him. They're all too afraid of losing their gravy train.

And from that statement by Conor, it doesn't sound like he wants anything else.

If he's only going to listen to his own advice, then how is he actually going to learn anything new and evolve?
He should go train with Diaz snd get some cardio so he won’t ever be afraid of going full offense.

This is pure fantasyland.
You wanna know why “dynamic” stance Karate/Capoeira/TKD Connie never showed to this fight?
Because had he used those wide stances and fancy moves against Khabib,he would be down on his ass even easier then what we saw when they fought.
Because had he used that tactic he would need to stay away and keep constant movement which needs a gas tank he doesn’t have.
Fancy Connie appears when he can bully the adversary to fight in his confort zone.
Khabib and any other fighter who are the same size or bigger then Connie and can grapple offensively will not let him do that.

And again, Conor was taken down nearly at will anyway, while not generating or even attempting to generate, any significant offense of his own. So either he fights defensively and still loses, or he fights his fight and has a better chance of landing a fight altering strike.

And again, Conor was taken down nearly at will anyway, while not generating or even attempting to generate, any significant offense of his own. So either he fights defensively and still loses, or he fights his fight and has a better chance of landing a fight altering strike.
That’s not how it works.
Had he fought the way,you think its his best,that perfect shot possibility gets even harder to appear.

The biggest problem is he is surrounded by Yes Men,
IT's win win - conor is the top dog, dominates everyone in the gym, strokes his ego.

The punching bags get paid lots and exposure from training with him.

You got it wrong. He opened the first round attacking and got put down. Round 2 he opens with kicks then a flying knee and then a superman punch which was countered and then he got dropped by a counter to his Left hand. Round 3 he was getting better offense and still managed to get cracked by harder shots. We all saw how pathetic he looked in Rd 4.

There were plenty of moments he was the aggressor and striking. He just wasnt good enough in any area of the fight.

He should train with known English devil, Michael Bisping

He should train with known English devil, Michael Bisping

This I like. They have the same manager so I could see it being possible. Bisping is a cardio machine, and maybe his striking coach could work with Conor. All Owen Roddy seems to do is hold pads for Conor for him to get his sweat on.

The biggest problem is he is surrounded by Yes Men, who don't push or challenge him. They're all too afraid of losing their gravy train.

If he's only going to listen to his own advice, then how is he actually going to learn anything new and evolve?

This is the narcissism that I see in my line of work in relation to "the secret" and other new age teachings. There is too much emphasis on being special and getting whatever you want as if that will make you happy.

I personally really feel for Conor. I think that he bought into the magical thinking and inherent self centered and arrogance common to this scam level teaching.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I want to know is who at SBG is making Conor fight? who is actually giving him an ass whopping and making Conor feel really intense pressure. Does anyone actually fight back there? are they scared too.

Make no mistakes about it Khabib has taken literally hundreds of ass whoopings of Cormier. and thats why he has no wilt and quit inside him, he don't feel LW's pressure in fights. But Conor just wilts and quits anytime someone starts fighting back. Conor has a lot of quit inside him, and I feel its because no one is pushing him in training, they all punching bags and awful fighters

I saw 10 days before UFC 229, Khabib tweeted a pic of him and Cormier training, saying "really really crazy hard training with champ champ DC, thank you". BUT Conor's coach tweeted pics of him training with a guy whos MMA record is 7-13 and only fights at local MMA events

I am not sure that it is quit. I mean it is that but I think it comes from another place. I have been saying this a lot on here and I don't want to overdo it but the crux of the problem with Conor is magical thinking due to being influenced by "the secret".

This charleten level scam is all about shortcuts, money and success without having to work hard for it. It teaches that you can harness energies in the universe that allow you to change outcomes but the trick to this lie is that you must believe it deeply and say it out loud and visualize it ahead of time.

What I think Conor does is that when he gets to a certain place in a fight and he has lost that confidence and belief he just wants to quit and then re set it all, get back to that place of confidence and start again.

I am not sure that it is quit. I mean it is that but I think it comes from another place. I have been saying this a lot on here and I don't want to overdo it but the crux of the problem with Conor is magical thinking due to being influenced by "the secret".

This charleten level scam is all about shortcuts, money and success without having to work hard for it. It teaches that you can harness energies in the universe that allow you to change outcomes but the trick to this lie is that you must believe it deeply and say it out loud and visualize it ahead of time.

What I think Conor does is that when he gets to a certain place in a fight and he has lost that confidence and belief he just wants to quit and then re set it all, get back to that place of confidence and start again.
One believed in Allah, the other believed in the Seacrest

Quite sure that if McG had been unhappy with the fight strategy or training regime he would have worked it out with Kavanagh long before the fight.This backward finger pointing just makes him look like a cry-baby.

should have bought in an askren.

honestly i dont think conor did anything wrong. infact his training has proved effective numerous times but he has too get over just working with the same guys. he needs a legit sambo or wrestler in his team if only to quell any overconfidence. unfortuneatley i think its a bit late in career to make drastic changes.

Quite sure that if McG had been unhappy with the fight strategy or training regime he would have worked it out with Kavanagh long before the fight.This backward finger pointing just makes him look like a cry-baby.

im not sure kavanagh had the tools to replicate a khabib. his style is different.

too a degree i think alot of fighters have underestimated khabibs strenghts and just focused on weaknesses. part of the reason why so many have failed.

This I like. They have the same manager so I could see it being possible. Bisping is a cardio machine, and maybe his striking coach could work with Conor. All Owen Roddy seems to do is hold pads for Conor for him to get his sweat on.
The only way i see him “acquiring” a gas tank is if he completely changes his fighting style.
If he becomes a full counter striker muay Thai like Andy.
Exchange power for timing.
He have the range,the timing and the accuracy.
But he needs to use low/mid kicks to lure or keep grapplers in a safe range.
And definitely he needs to pick a rhythm where he will not over burden himself.

Huh? Hes one of the best strikers in mma ,roddy is the one coach there thats clearly doing his job right

Last edited:
The only way i see him “acquiring” a gas tank is if he completely changes his fighting style.
If he becomes a full counter striker muay Thai like Andy.
Exchange power for timing.
He have the range,the timing and the accuracy.
But he needs to use low/mid kicks to lure or keep grapplers in a safe range.
And definitely he needs to pick a rhythm where he will not over burden himself.

He doesn't have the Sub game of Andy and he wants to fight at 155Ib with natural 170Ib wrestlers.

Didn't Conor used to used to put people on blast for this?

Absolutely pathetic.

He's clutching at straws. Needs more touch butt and visualisation.

I think Touch butt needs to go and he should try some grab ass.
It seems more the thing to do.

Back