It seems Conor is turning blame on his coaches

Lol.... and who s fault is that ? When you bring people in and don't take care of them while you have yes minions all around you - well, you make your bed and you lay in it.
Unbelievable.

Remember when we found out people couldn't hit Ronda in training? I wouldn't be surprised if there are some rules like that with Conor.

The biggest problem is he is surrounded by Yes Men, who don't push or challenge him. They're all too afraid of losing their gravy train.

And from that statement by Conor, it doesn't sound like he wants anything else.

If he's only going to listen to his own advice, then how is he actually going to learn anything new and evolve?
<mma4>

Been wanting to say this a long time. "How did you prepare for this fight, did you bring in foreign wrestlers?" "My coach Jon Kavanaugh has absolutely prepared me, we are ready for war." What other fighter mentions their coach before a fight? Conor did it a lot this fight. I knew he'd throw him under the bus eventually but he knows he can't, ultimately. Bet he resents giving any handing any man a 3-5 million dollar check the greedy old bastard. Conor has internalized and believes it to protect his ego. What other fighter publicly blamed their coach? Not one. His one redeemable quality was that he handled losses well.

Last edited:
LMAO. If he fights in this way, what happens if he loses? I think Khabib would pound him to death.

Seriously, protecting his own health by fighting defensively and collecting a paycheck equals to winning

His ground attack is what it is. Im talking about his approach to the stand up.

giphy.gif
damn shit playing mind games on me im trippin out

Conor is at stage 1 of PTSD. Denial.

Khabib took his SOUL. Conor is only pretending to want that rematch. He will never, ever, sign to fight Khabib again.

Khabib Bless.
Correction--stage one of grief. PTSD doesnt have stages.

What I want to know is who at SBG is making Conor fight? who is actually giving him an ass whopping and making Conor feel really intense pressure. Does anyone actually fight back there? are they scared too.

Make no mistakes about it Khabib has taken literally hundreds of ass whoopings of Cormier. and thats why he has no wilt and quit inside him, he don't feel LW's pressure in fights. But Conor just wilts and quits anytime someone starts fighting back. Conor has a lot of quit inside him, and I feel its because no one is pushing him in training, they all punching bags and awful fighters

I saw 10 days before UFC 229, Khabib tweeted a pic of him and Cormier training, saying "really really crazy hard training with champ champ DC, thank you". BUT Conor's coach tweeted pics of him training with a guy whos MMA record is 7-13 and only fights at local MMA events
This!

AKA go hard on sparring and as you said, Cormier and Rockhold and a few others would have given Khabib a hard hard road. But it's all part of the plan. If you are getting hard tough gym sessions where everyone can PARK THEIR EGOS at the front door, that will stand you in very good stead in a tough Octagon fight.

I think both McGregor and Rousey were treated with kid-gloves by everyone in their entourage and respective gyms, and it came back to haunt them when they had tough fights. : Rousey with Holm and Nunes fights and McG with Khabib.

Basically you need someone to beat you up occasionally (regularly!) so you are ready for the Octagon. You may THINK you're ready by hitting pads but....NOPE....that just won't cut it when you up against serious opposition.

Am I wrong here?

“Listen to nobody, take my own advice.”

You think Conor will be changing his camp or making his own?
Nah he is just trying to save his own face from how bad the loss looked to his fanboys.

He is throwing Dildo under the bus though since he was the grappling coach for this fight.

Conor haters: Irish Edmond is the worst coach in MMA
Also Conor haters: Conor insinuates his team may have given him bad advice and he should've listened to himself = more hate.

Conor haters so amusing and contradictory as always.
Irish Edmund is shit
Condom is shit
He can listen to Edmund, or to himself, that won't change the fact that Khabib fucked him up, made him quit and spat on him, and that he'll do it 100 times out of a 100.
where's the contradiction in that ?

Conor is always telling us about loyalty to his team, and rats with fake loyalty.

He was talking about himself, almost every bad think he said to Khabib about getting exposed like a rat.

Where is your cheese now Conor?

This!

AKA go hard on sparring and as you said, Cormier and Rockhold and a few others would have given Khabib a hard hard road. But it's all part of the plan. If you are getting hard tough gym sessions where everyone can PARK THEIR EGOS at the front door, that will stand you in very good stead in a tough Octagon fight.

I think both McGregor and Rousey were treated with kid-gloves by everyone in their entourage and respective gyms, and it came back to haunt them when they had tough fights. : Rousey with Holm and Nunes fights and McG with Khabib.

Basically you need someone to beat you up occasionally (regularly!) so you are ready for the Octagon. You may THINK you're ready by hitting pads but....NOPE....that just won't cut it when you up against serious opposition.
Yup, very true, totally agree man. I really don't think the guys Conor trains with actually fight back, I always see him punching and kicking some guys, but they don't actually seem to be throwing anything back lol, just blocking. I think they are scared to fight back.

When Conor has it all his own way in fights he can do very well, BUT anytime someone actually fights back he just wilts and wilts and wilts. I really think its to do with his training partners, they are punching bags.

Very true what you said about Ronda, same thing I feel. Sugar coated.

Conor is at stage 1 of PTSD. Denial.

Khabib took his SOUL. Conor is only pretending to want that rematch. He will never, ever, sign to fight Khabib again.

Khabib Bless.

Alright dude...calm down now.

Am I wrong here?

“Listen to nobody, take my own advice.”

You think Conor will be changing his camp or making his own?

I bet your pre pubescent ass is trying to grow out a beard like kebab too. Lmao shut your mouth boy you're one big ass dickrider.

I think he might be right in that Dildo didn't want to get a boo-boo, and he surrounds himself with "yes men" (shouts to Paulie), that are only there to be around Conor to fly in private jets, or sell more yoga dvd's.

Yup, very true, totally agree man. I really don't think the guys Conor trains with actually fight back, I always see him punching and kicking some guys, but they don't actually seem to be throwing anything back lol, just blocking. I think they are scared to fight back.

When Conor has it all his own way in fights he can do very well, BUT anytime someone actually fights back he just wilts and wilts and wilts. I really think its to do with his training partners, they are punching bags.

Very true what you said about Ronda, same thing I feel. Sugar coated.
Yes I have read plenty about Ronda's training camps and it seems that the unwritten rule was "DO NOT GO HARD ON RONDA OR YOU ARE OUT THE DOOR".
Now, these are paid sparring partners or whatever, so they want to get their money, so they WILL do what they are told and abide by the rule laid down. BUT....it ain't gonna help Ronda. I heard that nobody was really "allowed" to punch her hard in the face, and part of being a pro fighter is getting SLUGGED and knowing what that feels like and getting USED to it. OK we don't need sparring partners knocking out people, but they need to PUSH the main fighter because that is absolutely in the main fighters INTERESTS.

If you get too rich and too famous and whatever, i think your paid sparring/training partners can go easy on you, cos they're TOLD to go easy. That's a big mistake and I think Conor (less so than Ronda) made that mistake with him being too much of an OverLord in his gym.

Humility is a very very good thing. Forget the money, keep humble, keep improving.

Ronda and McG both had their Ace of Trumps :
Ronda's Ace of Trumps was her judo throws, and subsequent arm-bar expertise and YES she was good at that.
Conor's Ace of Trumps was his hard, accurate, fast left-hand connecting with opponents jaw, and YES he is good at that.

But when it comes to ELITE opposition, they WILL find a way to neutralize your Ace of Trumps skill and beat you, because at an Elite level, a title-fight level, you need a specific strategy to beat your opponent.

And the best fighters ALWAYS have a specific strategy and game-plan to win.
The best fighters don't ever think "I am God, I am un-fucking-beatable, I will always win".

His coach said on Rogan their entire camp was based on wrestling and grappling defense and very little offense. They went in with a "dont lose" mentality instead of fighting to win. Conor fought a flat footed, timid fight, and showed no respect for Khabibs stand up. There is a big chance that the Conor who fought Aldo - bouncing in his Karate stance, using feints and angles etc, would still lose badly to Khabib, but you have to use the style that got you to the big dance. You cant abandon that in lieu of some defensive sprawl n' brawl style youve never used. Conor rose to fame as a fleet footed dynamic striker, who used movement, angles, unthorodox strikes and countering to win all his fights. The exact opposite of what we saw against Khabib - hands down, chin up, "walking him down" as he claims (which isnt something to be proud of when you do it like you're in a street fight). If he ever fights Khabib again he will have to fight in his style and not worry about the takedowns; they are gonna happen regardless of what he does.
This is pure fantasyland.
You wanna know why “dynamic” stance Karate/Capoeira/TKD Connie never showed to this fight?
Because had he used those wide stances and fancy moves against Khabib,he would be down on his ass even easier then what we saw when they fought.
Because had he used that tactic he would need to stay away and keep constant movement which needs a gas tank he doesn’t have.
Fancy Connie appears when he can bully the adversary to fight in his confort zone.
Khabib and any other fighter who are the same size or bigger then Connie and can grapple offensively will not let him do that.

Damn a 40yr old retired boxer fucked up conor for life. Floyd ruined his mma career.

Back