IT Movie (First Critics Reactions Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I saw a few bits a pieces before but never the whole thing.

The first half was better than the second half. The ending was super, super lame. Who knew a slingshot and uppercuts could defeat a cosmic mulitversal being.

The clown was creepy but the spider was definitely not. I hated the ending. It was super anticlimactic. As far as Part 1 goes, I didn't get the whole inhaler thing being able to hurt the clown. It's an inhaler. WTF.
I think the kids used fear and belief against the monster. Since Pennywise believed that it was battery acid it effected him as such.

No, its gonna be hardcore. There was footage shown at comiccon and one of the scenes was:

Mike Hanlon being beat up by Bowers and the gang. They hold is head down and in his line of sight he sees Pennywise watching them while he's eating a childs bloody, severed arm. Then he looks at Mike, and waves at him using the dead kids hand.
That spoiler though

giphy.gif

Georgie's scene has been leaked..... dont like that
Pennywise is bucktooth, and his voice is meh...a harsh whisper sort of

Georgie's scene has been leaked..... dont like that
Pennywise is bucktooth, and his voice is meh...a harsh whisper sort of

Leaked on purpose to gauge the response maybe.

What voice are people expecting. Something more animated or evil ?

I can't be the only one who thinks he looks like Chuckie from Rugrats. This movie does nothing for me. It's been done.

Most peeps these days have not seen the movie or know who pennywise is.

Leaked on purpose to gauge the response maybe.

What voice are people expecting. Something more animated or evil ?

I was expecting a more sinister voice, this sounds like an old cigarette smoker whispering in the library

I was expecting a more sinister voice, this sounds like an old cigarette smoker whispering in the library
Pennywise has a reasonable and pleasant voice in the book at that part.

I'm completely digging Skarsgard's take on Pennywise so far.

My favorite line from the sewer scene;

Georgie: Well..umm...i think i'm going now
Pennywise: Ohh...without your boat?? You don't wanna lose it Georgie...Bill's gonna kill you. (Pennywise makes a reference to when Georgie first lost the boat)

Most peeps these days have not seen the movie or know who pennywise is.

You know what, I honestly hadn't thought of that. There's certain films or iconic characters that I guess I always assume everybody knows.

Getting older is weird.

You know what, I honestly hadn't thought of that. There's certain films or iconic characters that I guess I always assume everybody knows.

Getting older is weird.

When i was younger "pennywise" was a band. Perhaps its more of an australian thing but i could almost guarantee most would not know who pennywise is or if they do they might not connect the dots with steven king.

When i was younger "pennywise" was a band. Perhaps its more of an australian thing but i could almost guarantee most would not know who pennywise is or if they do they might not connect the dots with steven king.

I was 11 or 12 when the Tim Curry version was released in the UK.

The only horror films I'd seen at that age that I can remember were It, Hellraiser, House, a couple of Friday the 13th's and Magic.

Oh and maybe some of Nightmare on Elm Street - but I was too scared of Freddy to get all the way through.

Well he's trying to win the trust of a little kid.

The scene shown before Annabelle is great.

Update: August 15, 2017

Get Ready to Float in the IT Cinematic VR Experience

Experience IT like you’ve never imagined before in IT: FLOAT - A Cinematic VR Experience. Meet Pennywise and enter the sewers of Derry and you’ll float too!

You guys realize the main villain in this movie sounds like Krusty the Clown, right?

Update: August 15, 2017

Get Ready to Float in the IT Cinematic VR Experience

Experience IT like you’ve never imagined before in IT: FLOAT - A Cinematic VR Experience. Meet Pennywise and enter the sewers of Derry and you’ll float too!

That was pretty trippy

Not sure what I expected of his voice really, to be honest.

I have a feeling that this film will be disappointing. It was meant to scare kids. as an adult, the film loses a lot of its scare value imo.

I have a feeling that this film will be disappointing. It was meant to scare kids. as an adult, the film loses a lot of its scare value imo.

Goosebumps was meant to scare kids. This is attempting to try to be a legit horror movie. It may or may not fail, but literally nothing that's been shown seems aimed at children.

Goosebumps was meant to scare kids. This is attempting to try to be a legit horror movie. It may or may not fail, but literally nothing that's been shown seems aimed at children.
Im giving it a chance but modern reboot films arent usually good IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back