IT Movie (First Critics Reactions Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After seeing the new trailer I have a lot more faith in this than the Dark Tower. There are so many great passages in the book I know they'll have to skip a lot, but I hope they do Bev and the witch, Henry and Frankenstein, the old iron works with the giant bird and the house with the werewolf

Hope they include the Patrick Hockstetter part from the book as well

I dont know if I like the way they are doing the story all kids then all adults.the way its told in the books with both storylines building to a simultaneous climax was a lot better.

I dont know if I like the way they are doing the story all kids then all adults.the way its told in the books with both storylines building to a simultaneous climax was a lot better.
Easier to adapt that way. The last couple of pages has perspective changing alot between kids and then adults. On screen they would have to keep fading in and out of past and present like every minute or two.

I strongly recommend you read the book. As good as this movie may be it cannot come close to how terrifying the book is.
So true and the one thing the movie would never include is the gang bang that happens while they are still kids

I'm gonna buy the book soon. Been meaning to get to it before the movie comes out. The only negative is that I usually forget 90% of what I read.

Oh lord...

What was questionable in Salem's Lot?
The "i'll kiss you where your mother wouldn't" comment at the window. It was just plain weird and unnecessary. I loved the book and i'm a SK fan but it was a strange thing to say

Fantastic writer....just a bit messed up. Apparently he wrote Cujo in 4 years and was hammered the entire time

Oh he's a fucking machine!

As a writer myself I'm in awe of how he's able to put out not only quality but quantity as well.

He was put on earth to write.

Oh he's a fucking machine!

As a writer myself I'm in awe of how he's able to put out not only quality but quantity as well.

He was put on earth to write.
I getcha. He's written loads of small stories as well. Apparently the Creepshow movies were compiled by random short stories he'd written in separate books.

I think some people just have the gift

The kids fight and injure It as a werewolf with the silver slugs. They face the Spider as both adults and kids. The 1990 amalgamates the kids' spider and werewolf encounter into one where they deal with It as Pennywise. The kids only manage to injure It and believe it to be dying.... then Beverly fucks the other 6 boys. The TV series omits that scene, much to the chagrin of a few posters here...

Yes, Stephen King bounces back and forth between the 2 narratives making it a little hard to follow.

Wait..in three book the girl Beverly fucks the 6 boys? For real ?

So the Beverly girl was just a little Whore? Lol

This looks kind of bad. I'm expecting mixed reviews.

Wait..in three book the girl Beverly fucks the 6 boys? For real ?

So the Beverly girl was just a little Whore? Lol

It wasn't an underage gang bang. It was just a harmless bonding session. Kids did it all the time back then before hair metal and bukaki became dirty words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back