IT Movie (First Critics Reactions Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so basically a light?

what was the deal with his spider form
They are deadlights from the macroverse. The spider is the closest thing on earth people can comprehend.

isn't IT's original form a spider looking alien demon?
For me, the whole concept of what It really is, is confusing. It is the "Deadlights". Only Ben sees the Deadlights (which are alternatively referred to as It's eyes) which are, " lights, [Ben] saw an endless crawling hairy thing which was made of light and nothing else, orange light, dead light that mocked life."

The Spider is It's physical avatar on Earth described as, "a nightmare Spider from beyond time and space" and that the essence of It is somehow trapped in this final shape.

They are deadlights from the macroverse. The spider is the closest thing on earth people can comprehend.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't they face the spider form as children as well as adults? So the spider form will make an appearance in this movie as well as the sequel.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't they face the spider form as children as well as adults? So the spider form will make an appearance in this movie as well as the sequel.
It was injured by the kids while in a werewolf form. For an instant Ben believed he saw it's true shape. The spider form came later when they were adults.

Holy shit, that last scene on the trailer. Why in the world would you wanna walk into a room like that?

I only remember there being the spider form at the end of the first one while they was adults. I haven't read the novel though.

It was injured by the kids while in a werewolf form. For an instant Ben believed he saw it's true shape. The spider form came later when they were adults.
I remember reading that when they confront It in the sewers as children, they find the spider and Bill initiates the first Ritual of Chud which ends up wounding It into fleeing.

Also, part of the reason they made a pact to come back if It showed up again is because Stan recognized that the giant spider was pregnant at the time.

After seeing the new trailer I have a lot more faith in this than the Dark Tower. There are so many great passages in the book I know they'll have to skip a lot, but I hope they do Bev and the witch, Henry and Frankenstein, the old iron works with the giant bird and the house with the werewolf

I remember reading that when they confront It in the sewers as children, they find the spider and Bill initiates the first Ritual of Chud which ends up wounding It into fleeing.

Also, part of the reason they made a pact to come back if It showed up again is because Stan recognized that the giant spider was pregnant at the time.
I'd have to re read. I remember they chased it and it was afraid. This part of the book was transitioning from past to present going back and forth from children perspective and adult.

Since Stan was alive, yes I think I now remember the spider in passages.

The kids fight and injure It as a werewolf with the silver slugs. They face the Spider as both adults and kids. The 1990 amalgamates the kids' spider and werewolf encounter into one where they deal with It as Pennywise. The kids only manage to injure It and believe it to be dying.... then Beverly fucks the other 6 boys. The TV series omits that scene, much to the chagrin of a few posters here...

I'd have to re read. I remember they chased it and it was afraid. This part of the book was transitioning from past to present going back and forth from children perspective and adult.

Since Stan was alive, yes I think I now remember the spider in passages.

Yes, Stephen King bounces back and forth between the 2 narratives making it a little hard to follow.

The kids fight and injure It as a werewolf with the silver slugs. They face the Spider as both adults and kids. The 1990 amalgamates the kids' spider and werewolf encounter into one where they deal with It as Pennywise. The kids only manage to injure It and believe it to be dying.... then Beverly fucks the other 6 boys. The TV series omits that scene, much to the chagrin of a few posters here...
Yeah Just re read. Thought the bulleyes chapter was the final confrontation with the werewolf. Spider is in both past and present parts.

After seeing the new trailer I have a lot more faith in this than the Dark Tower. There are so many great passages in the book I know they'll have to skip a lot, but I hope they do Bev and the witch, Henry and Frankenstein, the old iron works with the giant bird and the house with the werewolf
As long as the kiddy gang bang is skipped, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Those are old movie monsters. This movie will be set in the 80s, so I suspect some or all of these will be replaced with more modern monsters.

I thought the first trailer was A+ and the reveal of Pennywise through the projector was quite brilliant for the trailer.

This trailer is ok and kind of annoying in many ways. What ultimately kills these trailers is reusing too much of the same footage from the first trailer which can be a red flag for the movie or could just be a lazy trailer house editing team. For example watch all three of the Dark Knight trailers from 2008. They are all really well down with each trailer having different footage and a different vibe. This trailer is basically a hybrid of the first with reusing too much footage.

Also adding in now they are basically ruining the reveal of Pennywise by yet again we see the sewer scene with added talking.

Nvm, somebody already mentioned it.

isn't IT's original form a spider looking alien demon?
In the updated version it's much scarier: it'll be the IT department and they fucking get to it when they get to it.

Opening night. Yes. Ill fucking take a day off work because you dont even need fingers to count how many fucks I give.

Looks like some scary s**t. First time in while that I want to see a horror movie.

Too bad they won't actually slice and dice up some kids on screen right?

@Dragonlordxxxxx

There are 2 IT TV spots available now. Pennywise is talking in the first one.

TV Spot #1: Terror

TV Spot #2: A Wonderful Day

Looks like some scary s**t. First time in while that I want to see a horror movie.

This is exactly what I thought. The wife doesnt do scary, so therefore I dont see scary movies in theatres (not that they are worth seeing). Last "scary" movie I saw was in thetares was Saw ....

I will probably go see this in the theatre either alone or with my little bro. Very stoked about this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back