IT Movie (First Critics Reactions Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good trailer. I was hoping to see Henry Bowers but this might turn out to be the best King adaptation since Misery.

Update: July 13, 2017

New Images and Concept Art for Stephen King's IT from Entertainment Weekly

it-16887r.jpg

The film version of Stephen King’s It skews the notorious opening scene in a way that changes the stakes significantly for one of the lead characters — Bill Denbrough (Midnight Special’s Jaeden Lieberher, second from left.) As part of its Comic-Con double issue, EW present a series of concept images from the Sept. 8 horror movie that explores the question: Does Georgie live?

42.jpg

Those who’ve read the 1986 novel remember the disturbing prologue, teased on the book’s cover, in which Bill’s little brother Georgie is chasing a paper boat down a storm-swollen street when he is murdered in his yellow rain slicker by the creature calling itself Pennywise the Clown. In the book, poor Georgie is found with his arm missing.

In the new film from director Andrés Muschietti (2013’s Mama) … he’s not found at all.

That means his brother, nicknamed “Stuttering Bill” by the local bullies, is leading his fellow "Losers" not just on a mission of revenge against the shapeshifting evil that lives beneath their town. He’s on a quest to find his little brother – alive or dead – which means venturing into the subterranean lair of the nameless creature they call It.

000259600hr.jpg

This sequence of concept art reveals the descent. In the first frame, we see Bill with his friend Bev Marsh (Sophia Lillis), but in the finished film he's with different buddies. “He actually comes in with some of the Losers. Richie and Eddie. And they meet Ben in that scene," the director says.

000260894hr.jpg

That would be Richie Tozier (Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard), the class-clown of the group, and Eddie Kaspbrak (Jack Dylan Grazer), an asthmatic who’s the smallest (though not necessarily the weakest) of the friends. Ben Hanscom (Jeremy Ray Taylor, on the far right) becomes an important ally. All have been teased relentlessly. But down here — it's their time.

000259601hr.jpg

Back to the concept art, here we see Bill Denbrough and one of his friends descending that rope from the previous image into the sewers of Derry. (The filmmakers ended up losing the vest jacket look — too Marty McFly.)

031_sewers_tunnels_entrance.jpg

The network of storm drains is littered with cast-off items – a doll, a single roller skate, a bouncing ball. This is more than trash. These are the remnants of other lost children whose fears have fed the beast beneath their twisted town. The deeper they go, the closer they get to It's hive.

032_cistern_sewers_metaldoo.jpg

“The final confrontation happens in the lair where Pennywise lives, a big cistern, a circular space that resembles a cooling tower,” Muschietti says. Bill may find what he’s looking for. And he may regret ever having searched.

The Losers descend into Pennywise's nest in this new look at Stephen King's It

Update: July 27, 2017

Stephen King's Child-Killing Clown Returns in the Latest IT Trailer

I don't think the actor is going to be able to play pennywise as well as tim curry. Especially the voice.

isn't IT's original form a spider looking alien demon?

Doesn't do anything for me in terms of being scary but I can definitely see why ppl who are afraid of clowns would be terrified by this film. Good trailer.

isn't IT's original form a spider looking alien demon?
His original form cannot be comprehended by humans he's like a blinding light if I remember correct that sends people into a catatonic state if they see it

Doesn't do anything for me in terms of being scary but I can definitely see why ppl who are afraid of clowns would be terrified by this film. Good trailer.
Agreed I'm not much on jump scares. It does look pretty creepy though

I don't think the actor is going to be able to play pennywise as well as tim curry. Especially the voice.
I read somewhere that Pennywise (I assume the clown form, specifically) will have multiple voices throughout the movie

Looks like it's going to be loud with lots of jump scares. I'll wait for reviews. Let me know if there's ever any true terror, or if it just relies mostly on loud shrill noises.

HOLY SHIT!

Pennywise's voice is sinister as hell, has that high pitch, innocent clown-like quality to it. This is shaping up to be great, I'm liking everything I see so far.

Can't wait. Wonder how much they'll get from the book? The miniseries left much to be desired.

Obviously they won't get everything and cut out somethings .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back