IT Movie (First Critics Reactions Online)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should make penny wise look scary as shit like my boy Twisty from AHS

Some people can't take a joke. Dude is in a wheelchair Ffs.

Huh....well, maybe he looks scarier with makeup on. As is, I'm pretty sure that guy would be my bitch if he was my cellmate in prison...

They should've gone to Gary Oldman for Pennywise.

In all seriousness, this movie took a turn for the worse when Fukunaga walked because they didn't want to spend money. I would have liked to see what his version of this was going to be.

One of my favorite books, but lets hope they leave out the underage gang bang.

Stephen King has a habit of writing amazing stories, but terrible endings.

They better do the Ritual of Chud this time.

I hope they get Will Poulter in there somewhere. It'd be cool to still have him involved somehow.

But that's the linchpin of the book! Without that, you have nothing!

seriously, without this the story is about a bunch of kids that can't score
and shit, if I am going to watch something about kids that can't score I am going to watch Beavis and butthead

Update: June 9, 2016

BLOODLINE Actor Owen Teague Joins Stephen King's IT Adaptation

Owen-Teague-It-Dragonlord.jpg

Owen Teague, who plays Ben Mendelsohn’s son on Netflix’s Bloodline, has joined the cast of New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It. Andy Muschietti, the helmer behind the surprise horror hitMama, is directing the adaptation, which is being told in two parts.

The first part begins shooting in July in Toronto and has been casting up: Bill Skarsgard has the part of the demonic clown Pennywise, while Jaeden Lieberher, Finn Wolfhard, Jack Dylan Grazer, Wyatt Oleff, Chosen Jacobs and Jeremy Ray Taylor are the kids he terrorizes.

The story follows a group of kids called the Losers Club who defeat a creature called It. Years later, the creature returns, and the former club members, now adults, have to band together again even though they have no memory of the first battle.

Teague will play Patrick Hocksetter, part of a group of bullies who torment the Losers Club. He is a psychopath and keeps a refrigerator full of animals that he’s killed.

This isn’t the first King adaptation for Teague. The young actor also will appear with Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack in Cell, based on the King novel.

'Bloodline' Actor Owen Teague Joins New Line's Adaptation of Stephen King's 'It' (Exclusive)

Update: June 30, 2016

Stephen King's IT Has Started Principal Photography

Director Andy Muschietti wrote on Instagram: "Day one"

Will they incorporate the underage gangbang scene. Hope not.

Well unless the actors are under 18, if they're not under 18 show it

Wth is this underage gangbang talk?:eek:

It's been a long time since I've seen the movie and I don't remember any scene like that in the film. Was it in the books?

Update: July 13, 2016

First Official Look at Bill Skarsgard as Pennywise the Clown in IT

00002124511pennywise.jpg

Entertainment Weekly has released the first look at Pennywise the Dancing Clown from next year’s film adaptation of Stephen King’s It, with Bill Skarsgård taking on the role of the most fearsome creature to ever clutch a bouquet of balloons.

“It’s such an extreme character. Inhumane,” Skarsgård says. “It’s beyond even a sociopath, because he’s not even human. He’s not even a clown. I’m playing just one of the beings It creates.”

When It hits screens next year, it will only tell part of the 1986 novel, following the main characters when they were children. A sequel, in which they come home again to battle It a second time as adults, is planned if this first installment is a success.

Among other alterations, the timeline has shifted from the book — it’s now set in the late ‘80s instead of the late ‘50s. We’ll see whether It’s other monstrous forms — a wolfman, a mummy, a shark among others — will change with the times.

Directed by Andrés Muschietti (Mama), It opens on September 8, 2017.

It movie exclusive: Pennywise the Clown seen in terrifying first look

Note: This will be merged with the official IT thread after a few days.

Last edited:
Like the original miniseries, this will probably freak children out and adults will be like "meh, it's alright, I guess"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back