It is time to put an end to "___ In his Prime" threads

So you want to throw out prime discussions because they are subjective, but if you leave out the subjective you only have facts, which you cant discuss because they are simply facts.

What should I cook on the grill this coming Memorial Day? USDA Prime Kansas City Steaks vs. Prime rib?

So, tell me, TS, 60 year old Jon Jones vs. 25 year old Jon Jones - is there something about the debate of this hypothetical outcome which is subjective?

It is time to put an end to "___ In his Prime" threads

The concept of "prime __ vs today" is completely subjective, does not take into account the level of competition at the time, and is super annoying. Can we please ban "prime" threads?

This is a list of only the last 30 days of "prime" threads, editing out threads with the word Prime that were not a lame attempt at comparing an old fighter to today.

Prime Oleynik vs Prime Mir
How good striking Prime Anderson Silva had compared to other strikers at 2018?
Where would you put PRIME Chuck Liddell in today's LHW top 10?
Imagine Danny Hodge In His Prime Being In The UFC Now
And some posters were saying that Jacare would beat prime Anderson...

Can prime Anderson Silva crack the current top 5 without steroid?
True or False: Prime Anderson beats any MW or LHW who ever lived except Juiced Jones?
So how do you think Conor vs past prime GSP would go?
Colby's best win is a past-his-prime Damien Maia.
Would a prime Diego Sanchez be a top LW today?
Prime Anderson Silva vs prime Rumble Johnson - how would it go?
Can Cormier beat Rampage,wand and chuck in their prime on feet?no wrestlerape
Prime Chuck vs prime Machida
Prime Tank Abbott vs Prime Roy Nelson
Prime Benson Henderson is the best LW
Prime Cro Cop vs Stipe ... who wins?
If Fedor had his PRIME Chin, he would only have 1 LOST in his Record! Most Exciting Fighter in MMA!!
Fact: past-prime Fedor has a 70% chance of catching Stipe in a exchange and KOing him stif
Who was better in their prime, Gunni Nelson or Big Country Nelson
Did Chris Weidman actually ever beat anyone in their prime as a champion?
The best UFC haevyweight fighter in his prime!!!!
PRIME Conor, Tony and Khabib...
Prime JDS vs Ngannou
Tyron Woodley knocks out Prime GSP
Thanks for the list of interesting threads to check out
<LynchWink>

EVERYONE!

Sick of that shit.

So you want to throw out prime discussions because they are subjective, but if you leave out the subjective you only have facts, which you cant discuss because they are simply facts.
Prime example of why TS's request is unrealistic.

I think sherdog in its prime was better than the sherdog of today

Its usually used by Fedor fans but now used by Aldo and Silva fans.

I agree though, its bullshit.

If you take out subjective discussion we're left with fightmetric and you can shut down Sherdog now.

MMA fans are really stupid understanding performance cycles, which makes me think they aren't fans of other sports, where performance distributions are extremely obvious.

Why even bother, TS? You know it will never happen. People are still talking about Muhammad Ali in his prime - why don't you just ignore it if you don't like it?

Lol Goodluck.

It's fun you grandpa, like p4p. It's literally done in every sport. Get over it.

Prime Cody "Shit got real" McKenzie vs Prime Andy "big" Wang is the only prime on prime discussion needed.

Who would get your package to you faster?

Prime Fedor or Amazon Prime?

They've both slowed down a lot lately.

Back