It is shocking how many people think Holly will beat Cyborg

The book is out on how to beat holm. Make her lead the dance and or grapple. So long as she’s patient Cyborg wins.

Nobody honestly thinks Holly will beat Cyborg.

I think holly has an excellent chance , she is at her best when opponents rush her (rousey for example)

She also definitely has a much better has tank , cyborg has never gone past 4 rounds.

Given Holly's poor showings of late, Cyborg's consistency, and Cyborg's much greater size, I have trouble seeing Cyborg as anything but the heavy favourite (emphasis on the heavy).

What makes Holly interesting is that she actually has a conceivable path to victory, unlike approximately all of Cyborg's prior UFC opponents. Holly is a capable counter-puncher and is capable of hurting Cyborg if Cyborg doesn't respect her power (a la Rousey).

Evinger was a muffin-shaped embarrassment to the sport.

3333439ff00699d25.gif
(this gif says it all. This is not how a UFC fighter should be trying to stop a punch in 2017).

Lansberg was a poor fighter, far too weak physically, and totally undersized.

Leslie Smith can't even hang with Jessica fucking Eye. Nuff said.

Outside of the UFC Cyborg has 3 good wins, IMO: Daria Ibragimova was a good samboist (9-1 when she fought Cyborg), Marloes Coenen a good kickboxer (17-3 before their first match), and or course Gina Carano, the one everyone remembers Cyborg for anyway.

What's interesting is that none of those fights say anything about how a fight with Holly will go, as none of the three fight like Holly.

So I am pleased that Cyborg is finally being put into an interesting matchup rather than another squash match.

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-17_22-45-34.jpeg
    upload_2017-11-17_22-45-34.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
Jackson will gameplan the hell out of Cyborg who has never faced anyone as technical as Holly. Hopefully another Hk KO. I'm still not convinced Cyborg isn't just a can crusher. The best she faced is Gina who had her mounted 2 or 3 times and who probably wouldn't be in the top 5 today.

Cyborg is overrated. She can hit hard, but she's never fought someone like Holly.

Problem is, Holly is the kind of fighter who can let a close decision slip by her.

I could see it go either way, depending if Holly is feeling like winning or not.
Cowboy and Till all over again.. Cyborg was crushing girls, girls not that good but still.. Evinger and Coenen are no cans, i don't see Holly doing that much, even Jorina lost rounds to Cyborg and that by MT rules..

Holly has as good a chance as anybody. Lets put it that way. Could be a real good fight.

Gina was quite good.

And Holly was/is primarily a kickboxer.... just like Jorina Baars.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorina_Baars

jorina-baars.jpg

jorina-baars-08.jpg

Forgot about Gina. WMMA has progressed a fair bit since Gina's day though.

Baars was good. I don't think Holly will be able to beat Cyborg as easily as she did, but it's a different sort of fight. I totally expect Holly to ish ish at range and then tie Cyborg up in the clinch against the cage alot. Holly is a pretty strong woman and we've seen Cyborg struggle to disengage against the cage against lesser comp.

Going to be a cool fight tho.

Evinger was a muffin-shaped embarrassment to the sport.

3333439ff00699d25.gif
(this gif says it all. This is not how a UFC fighter should be trying to stop a punch in 2017).

Lansberg was a poor fighter, far too weak physically, and totally undersized.

Leslie Smith can't even hang with Jessica fucking Eye. Nuff said.

Outside of the UFC Cyborg has 3 good wins, IMO: Daria Ibragimova was a good samboist (9-1 when she fought Cyborg), Marloes Coenen a good kickboxer (17-3 before their first match), and or course Gina Carano, the one everyone remembers Cyborg for anyway.

What's interesting is that none of those fights say anything about how a fight with Holly will go, as none of the three fight like Holly.

So I am pleased that Cyborg is finally being put into an interesting matchup rather than another squash match.

That gif tells us a lot, full on power, right on the button and it didn't drop Evinger? By rights it should have broken her jaw. Cyborg isn't a powerful puncher, she swarms and overwhelms by sheer volume. Girl sucker punched Magana and the strawweight wasn't even dropped.

If Holly can get Cris hitting air for a couple of rounds she has an excellent chance and remember Holm does have a pure ko weapon in her arsenal, her kicks. People who give Holly no chance are overrating Cyborg. If only Holm had a great jab to go with the footwork.

It's actually a LOT more shocking that so many people think this is just a sure win for Cyborg.

Just goes to show how many dumb fans we have here

This is a very rough stylistic matchup for Cyborg.

There are factors you are overlooking.

Usada has an eye on cyborg. No speculation here at all but usada has had its way with certain fighters recently as far as their performance dropping.

Also, holm has faced far better competition. Imo she may not have won every fight but a 95% record against decent competition is better than 100% vs bad comp.

Let me set it straight i think cyborg wins, but Holm winning is not a shocker by any means

I got Holly as favorite. Cyborg has been training with old man Ortiz.

And I will gladly sig bet anyone for 6 months on it
Cyborg is sluggish and slow. Ill give the advantage to Holly, she will land first and Cyborg will be panic wrestling all night long.

GDR is the only woman that can defeat Cyborg now. Holly is a weaker version of GDR. Holly will land some counterstrikes, but Cyborg only needs one punch.

Also, after seeing Cyborg's kickboxing match with Jorina, i don't think anyone can KO Cyborg. The best you can now do is a TKO (maybe via ground and pound.) Cyborg's only loss was by double kneebar (LOL). I don't think Holly can pull that off. But she might make it entertaining until she gets hit.

Honestly, i wouldn't mind Cyborg vs Rousey now.

there's a reason why Holly was ducking Cyborg for so long. Holly will of course in a typical Greg Jackson's fashion run away and trying to point fight but the question is how will she react once she gets hit with a Cyborg bomb.

I'm not a fan of either, hell i'm not even a fan of wmma, but i'm looking forward to this fight.

imo chances are 80-20 for Cyborg

Cyborg is on another level physically. The only way I see Holly taking this is if Cris comes in like a meathead and gets picked apart.

Holly is shockingly inactive if she's not being attacked. As the Correira fight showed, she'll start a staring contest before she'll start an exchange.

Back