It is now clear that Demetrious Johnson did indeed duck TJ Dillashaw

DJ 142
TJ 150

But Garbrandt only weighed in at 142 for the TJ fight which is what he's probably referring to
Very interesting. I would have guessed tj was 155-160. He comes in extremely lean though. I won't be shocked if he does have some trouble cutting the extra 10 pounds.

All the same id rather see tj fight the Holloway Ortega winner.

You are aware that champions generally get paid for defending belts, right? DJ had his price tag, UFC wasn't interested in meeting it.

Not fighting for chump change with no guarantees if the guy who's never fought at the weight can't make it seems more like not being a bitch than ducking. I don't get this meme that person with the greatest belt-defending run in UFC history should take whatever is offered and be grateful just to be allowed to fight. There's a give and take to negotiating. Being willing to say "no" is part of any decent negotiator's tool kit.
DJ priced himself out, this is the consensus supported by actual nimbers. Sorry

TJ ducked him. Why wouldnt he have the fight at 135 if he was so sure of himself? its a bad look to challenge someone from a lower weight class, let them come up and you put your belt on the line, he just came off looking like an opportunist, same as he does now going to 125 to fight Cejudo instead of defending against the 135 contenders.

DJ was ranked P4p no1 and TJ wanted to be Champ Champ, MM didn't seem to want to come up so TJ said he'd go to him.

MM said he had no interest in going to 135 so TJ was willing to go wherever.

“I’m going to be frank and honest,” Johnson said on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. “If I went up there and beat T.J. Dillashaw at 135 pounds, I have no interest whatsoever in staying at 135. People are like ‘why not?’ and I’m like I have no interest in fighting guys who walk around at 160 pounds.”

Yup, its clear as day. Mighty Mouse just wanted to fight easy opponents, his run is mediocre at best, TUF winners fighting for belts, and prelim fighters fighting for the belt. I think his Benavidez win was good, but most of the other guys I am not high on. Borg, Cariasao, Elliot, Reis, Moraga and others I just don't rate that highly, I think they are just OK
True but that's like everybody in the top of that division. Its a two way street, other fighters could have cut down to fight him. It shouldn't all be on him to move up in weight

And yet he would still be naturally one weight class bigger than MM.

One guy is 5'3 and the other is 5'6.5
So we need hight classes now? Pathetic reply.
I guss the ufc should book romero vs khabib in the 5'10 class.
Because dj can't be expected to fight someone the same size but is taller.

This was always obvious. The excuses DJ would come up with would get funnier each time.

Actually DJ said sure, he'll fight him. But if TJ misses weight DJ gets his own entire fight purse, and he also gets TJ's fight purse. The UFC promised TJ would make weight, but refused to take that deal.
Instead he agreed to fight some guy who missed weight multiple times before for no guarantees and what happened? The guy couldn't make it and they had to reschedule. But DJ never complained about that.
It's only when he had to fight TJ that river started flowing.

Shertards always saying someone "ducked" somebody, STFU all of you. None of you have the guts to step in the cage so you are ducking everyone.

Instead he agreed to fight some guy who missed weight multiple times before for no guarantees and what happened? The guy couldn't make it and they had to reschedule. But DJ never complained about that.
It's only when he had to fight TJ that river started flowing.
So you're saying he fought a guy that has made 125 over a guy that has never made 125?

Yep and now tj is holding up the 135 division. The ufc is a mess right now. We are going to go atleast 2 and half yrs with Cody vs tj being the only title fights at bw.

Dillashaw isn't holding up shit. He's always fought the best available, whether he has the belt or not. He just had to waste a year of his prime on a dangerous puncher who's nowhere near his level because the UFC don't want him as champ. Now he deserves this opportunity to hold two belts. Cejudo would've been the next bantamweight contender after his division disappears anyway. This fight makes all the sense in the world.

DJ priced himself out, this is the consensus supported by actual nimbers. Sorry

That's fair enough if you think he was asking for too much money, or over-estimated his value. That assessment really has nothing, at all, to do with what I posted.

And yet he would still be naturally one weight class bigger than MM.

One guy is 5'3 and the other is 5'6.5

And even then... this is all moot because it's commonly known that DJ refused the fight because of money, he was asking $2mil, they offered $500k, and they couldn't agree on a compromise amount. The idea that the decision was influenced by being scared of TJ Dillashaw of all people is dowright laughable

F

”exact fucking definition of ducking”

okay, fair enough... has DJ given us his thoughts at all? Or does that not matter either? If he has, I honestly haven’t seen it.

For the record, I’m a TJ fan.

It’s EXTREMELY SIMPLE

I need x about to fight x fighter, with x stipulations in my OWN weight class

Followed by , Fights Y fighter with no ask for giant pay or stipulations.

DUCKING

Back