It has finally arrived...

bandicoot

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
yuengling.jpg

I can finally buy my favorite beer locally again.

Any of you got stories of being far away from your favorite beer/liquor and somehow reuniting? Keep it light hearted, I don't feel like crying tonight.

A glove that makes your hand look and feel like a girl's hand, for... reasons?!

Oh it's a beer thread, nevermind.

I find it odd that “America’s oldest brewery” hasn’t become available nationwide in all this time.

I find it odd that “America’s oldest brewery” hasn’t become available nationwide in all this time.
Apparently they didn't really have distribution west of the Mississippi, they didn't think it would be profitable until they realized people were crossing state lines to get it, lol.

I generally don't like lager because it's the most boring (bland) style of beer. But the colour look more like an amber ale than a lager so maybe it actually has some taste.

That’s a poor mans’ beer. This is the only brand of beer I drink.

93250b.jpg

Brewed right here in Fairfax, VA, this God of beers costs over $10 a bottle. As the label clearly shows, this is a beer consumed by kings and noblemen.

I generally don't like lager because it's the most boring (bland) style of beer. But the colour look more like an amber ale than a lager so maybe it actually has some taste.

One might say it looks like an amber lager.

For all their ridiculous alcohol vending laws, PA makes some damn good beer. Yuengling and Rolling Rock are two of my favorites.

I will agree that lagers don't have nearly the same amount of variations as other styles, but they are crisp, drinkable, and go with almost all foods.

I love IPA's and Ambers.

That’s a poor mans’ beer. This is the only brand of beer I drink.

93250b.jpg

Brewed right here in Fairfax, VA, this God of beers costs over $10 a bottle. As the label clearly shows, this is a beer consumed by kings and noblemen.
<DisgustingHHH>

It's only been available in Massachusetts for a few years. I remember being in college and kids coming back from New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania with cases of Yuengling trying to stock up. It's good, not anything crazy, but a solid lager, I'll order it over Budweiser if it's on the menu. Their light beer is pretty good for what it is as well. A step above bud/coors/miller for sure.

Beer snobs will scoff as this thread.

And so will I.

I had a few last night, then got sick of pissing so I switched to martinis.

I stayed in a Homewood Suites in Malvern, PA for 2 months several years ago. They had free Yeungling on draft every day from 5 to 7. Fond memories.

Apparently they didn't really have distribution west of the Mississippi, they didn't think it would be profitable until they realized people were crossing state lines to get it, lol.

It’s funny that Yuengling is treated as some hoity toity craft beer by the locals in the small, rural western PA towns I grew up near. For example, I went to a wedding near my hometown about four years ago, and there was a self-serve beer tap cart outside with Coors, Miller, and Yuengling. There would be lines for the Coors and Miller, but I could walk right up to the Yuengling tap every time.

ci_2065.jpg

Not a particularly interesting story, but when I joined the Navy I moved to South Carolina then upstate New York and I couldn't find Warsteiner anywhere. 3 years after joining the Navy I was sent to the Norfolk, VA, area and Warsteiner is really easy to find. It makes me happy.

Side note, Yuengling is my favorite inexpensive beer, TS. I commend your choice.

Back