It gets frustrating that so few people care about their job

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I work in Mortgage Sales for a major bank.

I’m the top performer in my department but out of the 50 employees in my district, maybe 3 people other than myself really try their best to earn money and do well for the customers.

Everyone else just does the bare minimum to not get fired with no cares towards their future.

Whenever I’m out trying to shop and buy products from sales people. It’s so rare that anyone has any enthusiasm or interest to close deals, make sales; make money and further their future.

It’s like a bunch of lifeless zombies everywhere punching the clock.

On a minimum wage job I kinda get it, but surely commissioned sales people should be out there enthusiastically selling.

One of these guys I know is a 24 year old Pakistani who works a terrible shitty job selling air conditioners door to door.

This hero sold 500 air conditioners knocking on doors in 2017 and earned over $300,000.00.

Where the spirit of the American dream that guys like this have?

People either care too little, or too much - like the people at fast food restaurants who try to stop you from getting soda with a water cup.<31>

why are you upset? if they’re lazy then it makes you look better.

this is like the best job situation to be surrounded by underachievers.

Any job worth doing is worth doing well.

I’m the top performer in my department but out of the 50 employees in my district, maybe 3 people other than myself really try their best to earn money and do well for the customers.

Everyone else just does the bare minimum to not get fired with no cares towards their future.

Whenever I’m out trying to shop and buy products from sales people. It’s so rare that anyone has any enthusiasm or interest to close deals, make sales; make money and further their future.

On a minimum wage job I kinda get it, but surely commissioned sales people should be out there enthusiastically selling.

One of these guys I know is a 24 year old Pakistani who works a terrible shitty job selling air conditioners door to door.

This hero sold 500 air conditioners knocking on doors in 2017 and earned over $300,000.00.

Do you work for Wells Fargo?

TS is a massive jobsworth, there is more to life dude.

Actually a Bank here in Canada.

But I’m thinking that I might do mortgage sales for a bank in the USA someday, there’s probably a lot more money to be made.

There are far more people, more mortgages, more secured lending options.

Maybe I could earn a lot more .

alot of people at my work take their job for granted. I do a blue collar job with no qualifications and make 39 bucks an hour. People should be greatfull to work in that factory yet I see at least one person on night shift sleeping at there machines while a 100k optical cable is being made, it's fucking crazy having a nap when your responsible for products valued that much.

I get it. It only bothers me, if it makes my life harder. I take my job serious enough to show I'm "trying" and want to be there. I work with over and under serious, both are a pain in the ass in their own way.

Too serious:Complaining all the time and potentially creating more work for department because "I can do this task too".

Not serious: Means having to do makeup work and new policies to try and either push them or balance their lack of effort. Our weekend guys are like that and we literally spend Monday trying to catch up on shit they just didn't do. It's to the point they took away our Mon-Fri routine tasks from them because they just weren't doing them on the weekend "because they didn't see the purpose".

Where i work you can be the most knowledgeable person in the room but when it comes to getting promoted, someone old (can't use computers) with 'experience' (who is hopeless!!) will get it over you.

Explain why I should care? Just collect the cheques and move on/up on the rare chance you can.

Actually a Bank here in Canada.

But I’m thinking that I might do mortgage sales for a bank in the USA someday, there’s probably a lot more money to be made.

There are far more people, more mortgages, more secured lending options.

Maybe I could earn a lot more .

Wells Fargo got caught selling people things they didn't need and starting fake accounts.

I can't respect a person that doesn't take pride in what they do.

Last edited:

If they got paid by tips instead, they might give a shit

600$ commission per air conditioner?

You sell any subprime mortgages?

<45> <45> <45>

You sell any subprime mortgages?

<45> <45> <45>

No bud we don’t really have those in Canada.

We have something called B and C lending. This Means that if you have enough equity in your home, some private lenders will overlook your income and credit and lend you funds for 8-10 percent annually.

Back