It doesn't matter who the UFC tries to promote if...

dontlaugh

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
The fans don't connect with them.

I'll explain, whether most like it or not, there's a reason guys like Conor, Ronda or GSP for example got popular, and is not skill and in-octagon accomplishment only.

Is because of how easy the majority of the UFC fans (the most important ones, the ones that make the numbers, even casuals, not exactly the hardcore fans) can connect with them and feel represented by those fighters. You may not think it matters but it does, especially in the "promoting" aspect. This is called Representativeness.

For example, a Brazilian fighter is easier to be pomoted for Brazilians if he has the usual "favela hero" lifestory, people down here buy that easier, and will feel "represented" by that fighter way more than, let's say, Demian Maia or Vicente Luque.

UFC can try their best to promote Nunes or anybody else, it will not work if she can't connect with the majority of the UFC fans, which i can really tell anything about. I guess is your average american ? idk. but yeah, is not that easily. Nobody is going to be breaking records all of a sudden just because they're more popular now. It's a rollercoaster situation, in case Nunes loses next big part of her newly acquired fans will leave. Ask Holm.

TL;DR : Is not about how much UFC promotes fighters, is about how much they're accepted by the majority of the fans. Fans want to be represented by a fighter that is closer to their reality and even cultural background.

Basically the way to become a star is to talk shit and win. Simple as.

Vagina? Tick. Popularity via sjws and cucks!

Basically the way to become a star is to talk shit and win. Simple as.
Not really man, if the fans accept a fighter more, whatever he says is taken lightly. If he's rejected, they'll boo the fuck outta him and it will have the reverse effect.

But i see what you mean, bringing some attention by saying controversial stuff and backing it up sure does help, but wouldn't work as well for other fighters as it does for Conor, for example.

I'll explain, whether most like it or not, there's a reason guys like Conor, Ronda or GSP for example got popular, and is not skill and in-octagon accomplishment only.
"Most" here is inaccurate anyway, this just refers to "most" hardcores many of whom have their own retarded biases and aren't really all that much better than casuals.

Can't argue that.

Charisma goes a LONG way in the fight game, unless you're just a straight up killer.

Fans will follow either.

"Most" here is inaccurate anyway, this just refers to "most" hardcores many of whom have their own retarded biases and aren't really all that much better than casuals.
That's what i mean, most hardcore fans that are biased. hardcore fans still matter, they're not the majority but they stick around no matter what and they can pretty much ride the wave of who's popular on the moment. i just used "most" to try and not generalize every hardcore fan.

Fans can't connect with Tyron because they're racist.

Not really man, if the fans accept a fighter more, whatever he says is taken lightly. If he's rejected, they'll boo the fuck outta him and it will have the reverse effect.

But i see what you mean, bringing some attention by saying controversial stuff and backing it up sure does help, but wouldn't work as well for other fighters as it does for Conor, for example.
Talk shit to get interest and win to keep that interest.

Fans can't connect with Tyron because they're racist.
I'm not one to cry racism, but why the fuck were people booing Woodley and cheering Wonderboy? There's no reason. Other than that Woodley is black and Wonderbody looks like Hitler's wet dream.

What was that term DW loved using especially with Rousey and more recently with Van Zant? OH yea. They've got to have the "IT" factor.

IT went to SHIT real fast, eh?

<24>

Last edited:
That's what i mean, most hardcore fans that are biased. hardcore fans still matter, they're not the majority but they stick around no matter what and they can pretty much ride the wave of who's popular on the moment. i just used "most" to try and not generalize every hardcore fan.
Hardcore fans don't really matter because they buy most ppvs. It's the casuals that determine if someone is a big draw. The people that only order 2 or 3 ppv's a year, and only for one specific fighter, they make someone a superstar.

Back