It did not look like Jason High tapped...

Eckhart Tolle

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score

For once it would be great if a commission actually did the right thing and ruled it a N/C. Doesn't matter if Escudero says he wouldn't have gotten out, High was not unconscious and touching Escudero on the side once was more of a re-adjustment of his hand and does not constitute a tap. Ref pulled the trigger too soon...

shitty thing is the PFL tournament is based on points. high gets 0 for that fight, a fight in which he was clearly winning before the phantom tap. if he misses the playoffs at the end of the season, and a chance for the $1 million prize, i'd be pissed, too.

no tap there.... both a fighter and a ref were High in that fight

yeah its not controversial in terms of if he did or didnt. almost everyone thinks he didnt tap

Lost what little respect I had for Efrain after this.

That was complete horseshit. Wow.

For once it would be great if a commission actually did the right thing and ruled it a N/C. Doesn't matter if Escudero says he wouldn't have gotten out, High was not unconscious and touching Escudero on the side once was more of a re-adjustment of his hand and does not constitute a tap. Ref pulled the trigger too soon...

it simple Jason high got robbed.

he shoulda punched the ref. hell he already got kicked out the ufc for pushing one. go big or go home

What is even more galling is that there is no reputative justice in place to punish Commissions or Judges for atrocious decisions like this. They just bullshitted Jason High out of major dinero and there is nothing preventing them to do so again out of their own malice or incompetence. They are free to fuck with as many MMA fighters as they want because there is no noteworthy blowback against them what-so-ever.

Lost what little respect I had for Efrain after this.

Well, he doesn't know before seeing a replay if he tapped or not, right? From his perspective he had a guillotine locked on and the ref saw a tap.

Ya maybe he didn't mean to tap but it sure looks like it when he does a movement like that with the hand. Ya he didn't tap like multiple times but it looked like a "one tap" and then one more afterwards. Many times when people get choked out they think about tapping just when they are getting unconscious and they try to tap but it looks kinda weird like a one tap or muscle spaz. So ya i don't blame the ref if he didn't wanna tap then he should have thought about that a move like that with the hand could be seen as tapping...

I personally am not sure... it could be that he was thinking about tapping and did it ones or that he was thinking about grabbing the arm but didn't. Or that he simply tapped ones to then blame the ref for giving up.... who knows..

No Contest for sure, the problem is the point system. If he didn't act crazy I would say give him 3 points, but his actions make it hard toe reward him. Refs screw up put everyone in an impossible position.

Another disgusting display of bad officiating in mma. And nothing will probably come of this either sadly.

I think ref got confused when High quickly lifts his hand off ground. I can sort of understand it, given that the choke looked pretty deep, but it needs to be reversed all the same.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Getting submitted by a guy who rolled off the couch with 1 weeks notice .........mcnuggets feels his pain lol.

That was probably that refs first televised fight lol

Back