IT: CHAPTER TWO ($91 Million Opening Weekend)

If you have seen IT: CHAPTER TWO, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: July 18, 2019

Final Trailer for Trailer for IT: CHAPTER TWO Gets Intense Fast

Evil resurfaces in Derry as director Andy Muschietti reunites the Losers Club in a return to where it all began with “IT Chapter Two,” the conclusion to the highest-grossing horror film of all time.
Twenty-seven years after the Losers Club defeated Pennywise, he has returned to terrorize the town of Derry once more.

Update: May 9, 2019

First Teaser Trailer for IT: CHAPTER 2 Features Grown Up Losers Club Taking on Pennywise

Update: February 20, 2018

Jessica Chastain in Talks to Star as Beverly in New Line's IT: CHAPTER 2

Jessica Chastain is in talks to star in part two of New Line’s adaptation of Stephen King’s It.

The second installment focuses on the adult versions of the characters subjected to the terror of demon clown Pennywise, and Chastain will play the grown-up version of Beverly, the girl in the misfit group. Sophia Lillis played the character in last year’s movie, which became a surprise phenomenon.

Gary Dauberman is in the midst of writing the script, and Andy Muschietti is returning as director. Bill Skarsgård will return as Pennywise. It: Chapter 2 is set to be released Sept. 6, 2019.

Chastain has been linked to the second installment since the first one opened. Muschietti and the two-time Oscar-nominated actress have had a mutual admiration ever since they worked together on the 2013 horror hit Mama, and Chastain was to have appeared in a post-credit sequence for It that was ultimately scrapped.

Jessica Chastain is in Talks to Star in Part Two of New Line’s Adaptation of Stephen King’s It

Chastain is a good choice but wished it was Amy Adams.

Update: September 18, 2017

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting Vol. 17: IT CHAPTER TWO

OscU9BI.jpg

If they follow the Stephen King novel, It: Chapter Two will be set 27 years after the events of the first film. The kids in the Losers Club, who were around 14-15 years old in the first film, would now be 41-42 years old for the sequel.

I chose actors that are mainly around 39 to 43 years old and didn't overload the ensemble with A-list stars. Since Chapter Two will have a lot of flashbacks to their childhood, it was extremely important for me to cast actors that looked like their teenage counterpart.

AMY ADAMS as BEVERLY MARSH (Age: 43)
nmplDG8.jpg

When watching It, I thought Beverly actress Sophia Lillis had a striking resemblance to Amy Adams. So it's a no-brainer my grown-up Beverly would be the two-time Oscar nominated actress. Jessica Chastain is more likely to be cast as Beverly due to her past working relationship with It director Andy Muschietti (and she'd be amazing) but Amy is still my pick. In the book, Adult Beverly is a successful fashion designer but is in an abusive relationship.

Alternates for Beverly: Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty), Alicia Witt (Urban Legend)

TOBY MAGUIRE as BILL DENBROUGH (Age: 42)
qs2tmbM.jpg

After Spider-Man 3, Tobey Maguire has only appeared in a handful of movies. So I thought it'd be nice for him to be back in the spotlight and part of this high-profile ensemble piece. Tobey would be great as Bill, the stuttering leader of the Losers Club. In the books, adult Bill is a successful writer and is married to movie star Audra Phillips.

Alternates for Bill: Hugh Dancy (Hannibal), Ewan Mcgregor (Fargo), Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Colin Hanks (Fargo), DJ Qualls (The Man in the High Castle)

**TIE** JERRY O'CONNELL as BEN HANSCOM (Age: 43)
MvwgQEc.jpg

Ben loses his excess weight and grows up to become a well-renowned architect. Actor Jerry O'Connell used to be a chubby kid in another Stephen King adaptation Stand By Me [image] and he grew up to become a stud. I thought it would be a cool full circle journey if Jerry played the adult Ben.

**TIE** JOSH HARTNETT as BEN HANSCOM (Age: 39)
lLoVyQj.jpg

One of the most distinguishable facial traits Ben child actor Jeremy Ray Taylor has is his slightly slanted eyes. I immediately thought of Josh Hartnett. The Pearl Harbor actor was last seen in the gothic horror series Penny Dreadful and the period drama The Ottoman Lieutenant.

Alternate for Ben: Joel Edgerton (Zero Dark Thirty)

**TIE** ZACH BRAFF as RICHIE TOZIER (Age: 42)
qlmtgT5.jpg

The joker among the Losers Club, Richie grew up to become a successful disc jockey in the book. Finding the right actor to play the grown up Richie is a bit hard because the child actor, Finn Wolfhard, has a very distinct facial appearance. But I think Zach Braff nails the look and we know from his stint in Scrubs he can be funny.

**TIE** ASHTON KUTCHER as RICHIE TOZIER (Age: 39)
zMJAtAv.jpg

But if we're talking about an exact match looks-wise to Finn Wolfhard, from the sharp nose to the wide lips to the effeminate facial appearance, Ashton Kutcher is like an aged clone of the child actor. From That '70s Show to Dude, Where's My Car?, we know Ashton can do comedy.

Alternate for Richie: Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

DAVID OYELOWO as MIKE HANLON (Age: 41)
Ncxu3He.jpg

Mike is the only one among the Losers who remained in Derry and grows up to becomes the town's librarian. In the sequel, Mike is said to be a "wreck" and a "junkie" due to retaining his memories of the events of 1989 and his obsession in trying to find out how to kill Pennywise. I'd like to think the whole ordeal has taken a toll on Mike physically as he will look a bit older than the rest of the Losers. EDIT: I originally chose Shemar Moore who looks exactly like the young Mike actor Chosen Jacobs. But after careful consideration and poster feedback, I've chosen to replace Shemar with my alternate pick - David Oyelowo (Selma).

Alternates for Mike: Derek Luke (13 Reasons Why), Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)

**TIE** TOPHER GRACE as EDDIE KASPBRAK (Age: 39)
N7jgORZ.jpg

In the book, Eddie runs a successful limousine company in New York. Aside from having a similar face to Eddie, actor Topher Grace is a pretty good at playing slightly neurotic or dweeb-y characters. The '70s Show alum can next be seen in the horror thriller Delirium.

** TIE ** MILO VENTIMIGLIA as EDDIE KASPBRAK (Age: 40)
L4R1xoG.jpg

Milo Ventimiglia was originally my first choice as the grown-up Eddie but changed my mind because his deep voice didn't match the voice of child actor Jack Dylan Grazer. But after watching Jack in the new television series, Me, Myself & I, he just looks exactly like Milo if he was still 14 years old. So screw the voice discrepancy, Milo is back in.

Alternates for Eddie: Fred Savage (The Wonder Years), Eddie Cahill (CSI: NY), Justin Long (Jeepers Creepers), Dominic Cooper (Preacher)

P.S. If age wasn't a factor, Ralph Macchio would be my ideal actor to play Eddie. Unfortunately, Ralph is 55 now.

GIOVANNI RIBISI as STANLEY URIS (Age: 42)
4SMhq70.jpg

After an extensive search, I've finally found my adult Stan in Giovanni Ribisi (Saving Private Ryan, Avatar). Not only does he look similar to the Stanley child actor, Giovanni is a wonderful thespian that can bring to life Stan's tics and eccentricities. Stan is said to be the most traumatized among the Losers and will struggle going back to Derry to face Pennywise again.

MICHAEL C. HALL as HENRY BOWERS (Age: 46)
0FsGq8R.jpg

In the first film, Henry Bowers seemingly falls to his death inside a well. So I don't know if the character will still appear in the sequel. But in case he survives, Michael C. Hall (Dexter) would be the perfect actor to play the adult Henry. Aside from looking the same as 1989 Henry actor, Michael has some experience in playing psycho killers.

Alternate: Guy Pearce (L.A. Confidential)

Damn, Michael c Hall is perfect as far as look a likes go.

Awesome news. If part 2 delivers like part 1 did, it'll be amazing.

Update: September 18, 2017

Dragonlord's Fantasy Casting Vol. 17: IT CHAPTER TWO

OscU9BI.jpg

If they follow the Stephen King novel, It: Chapter Two will be set 27 years after the events of the first film. The kids in the Losers Club, who were around 14-15 years old in the first film, would now be 41-42 years old for the sequel.

I chose actors that are mainly around 39 to 43 years old and didn't overload the ensemble with A-list stars. Since Chapter Two will have a lot of flashbacks to their childhood, it was extremely important for me to cast actors that looked like their teenage counterpart.

AMY ADAMS as BEVERLY MARSH (Age: 43)
nmplDG8.jpg

When watching It, I thought Beverly actress Sophia Lillis had a striking resemblance to Amy Adams. So it's a no-brainer my grown-up Beverly would be the two-time Oscar nominated actress. Jessica Chastain is more likely to be cast as Beverly due to her past working relationship with It director Andy Muschietti (and she'd be amazing) but Amy is still my pick. In the book, Adult Beverly is a successful fashion designer but is in an abusive relationship.

Alternates for Beverly: Jessica Chastain (Zero Dark Thirty), Alicia Witt (Urban Legend)

TOBY MAGUIRE as BILL DENBROUGH (Age: 42)
qs2tmbM.jpg

After Spider-Man 3, Tobey Maguire has only appeared in a handful of movies. So I thought it'd be nice for him to be back in the spotlight and part of this high-profile ensemble piece. Tobey would be great as Bill, the stuttering leader of the Losers Club. In the books, adult Bill is a successful writer and is married to movie star Audra Phillips.

Alternates for Bill: Hugh Dancy (Hannibal), Ewan Mcgregor (Fargo), Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Colin Hanks (Fargo), DJ Qualls (The Man in the High Castle)

**TIE** JERRY O'CONNELL as BEN HANSCOM (Age: 43)
MvwgQEc.jpg

Ben loses his excess weight and grows up to become a well-renowned architect. Actor Jerry O'Connell used to be a chubby kid in another Stephen King adaptation Stand By Me [image] and he grew up to become a stud. I thought it would be a cool full circle journey if Jerry played the adult Ben.

**TIE** JOSH HARTNETT as BEN HANSCOM (Age: 39)
lLoVyQj.jpg

One of the most distinguishable facial traits Ben child actor Jeremy Ray Taylor has is his slightly slanted eyes. I immediately thought of Josh Hartnett. The Pearl Harbor actor was last seen in the gothic horror series Penny Dreadful and the period drama The Ottoman Lieutenant.

Alternate for Ben: Joel Edgerton (Zero Dark Thirty)

**TIE** ZACH BRAFF as RICHIE TOZIER (Age: 42)
qlmtgT5.jpg

The joker among the Losers Club, Richie grew up to become a successful disc jockey in the book. Finding the right actor to play the grown up Richie is a bit hard because the child actor, Finn Wolfhard, has a very distinct facial appearance. But I think Zach Braff nails the look and we know from his stint in Scrubs he can be funny.

**TIE** ASHTON KUTCHER as RICHIE TOZIER (Age: 39)
zMJAtAv.jpg

But if we're talking about an exact match looks-wise to Finn Wolfhard, from the sharp nose to the wide lips to the effeminate facial appearance, Ashton Kutcher is like an aged clone of the child actor. From That '70s Show to Dude, Where's My Car?, we know Ashton can do comedy.

Alternate for Richie: Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine)

DAVID OYELOWO as MIKE HANLON (Age: 41)
Ncxu3He.jpg

Mike is the only one among the Losers who remained in Derry and grows up to becomes the town's librarian. In the sequel, Mike is said to be a "wreck" and a "junkie" due to retaining his memories of the events of 1989 and his obsession in trying to find out how to kill Pennywise. I'd like to think the whole ordeal has taken a toll on Mike physically as he will look a bit older than the rest of the Losers. EDIT: I originally chose Shemar Moore who looks exactly like the young Mike actor Chosen Jacobs. But after careful consideration and poster feedback, I've chosen to replace Shemar with my alternate pick - David Oyelowo (Selma).

Alternates for Mike: Derek Luke (13 Reasons Why), Chadwick Boseman (Black Panther)

**TIE** TOPHER GRACE as EDDIE KASPBRAK (Age: 39)
N7jgORZ.jpg

In the book, Eddie runs a successful limousine company in New York. Aside from having a similar face to Eddie, actor Topher Grace is a pretty good at playing slightly neurotic or dweeb-y characters. The '70s Show alum can next be seen in the horror thriller Delirium.

** TIE ** MILO VENTIMIGLIA as EDDIE KASPBRAK (Age: 40)
L4R1xoG.jpg

Milo Ventimiglia was originally my first choice as the grown-up Eddie but changed my mind because his deep voice didn't match the voice of child actor Jack Dylan Grazer. But after watching Jack in the new television series, Me, Myself & I, he just looks exactly like Milo if he was still 14 years old. So screw the voice discrepancy, Milo is back in.

Alternates for Eddie: Fred Savage (The Wonder Years), Eddie Cahill (CSI: NY), Justin Long (Jeepers Creepers), Dominic Cooper (Preacher)

P.S. If age wasn't a factor, Ralph Macchio would be my ideal actor to play Eddie. Unfortunately, Ralph is 55 now.

GIOVANNI RIBISI as STANLEY URIS (Age: 42)
4SMhq70.jpg

After an extensive search, I've finally found my adult Stan in Giovanni Ribisi (Saving Private Ryan, Avatar). Not only does he look similar to the Stanley child actor, Giovanni is a wonderful thespian that can bring to life Stan's tics and eccentricities. Stan is said to be the most traumatized among the Losers and will struggle going back to Derry to face Pennywise again.

MICHAEL C. HALL as HENRY BOWERS (Age: 46)
0FsGq8R.jpg

In the first film, Henry Bowers seemingly falls to his death inside a well. So I don't know if the character will still appear in the sequel. But in case he survives, Michael C. Hall (Dexter) would be the perfect actor to play the adult Henry. Aside from looking the same as 1989 Henry actor, Michael has some experience in playing psycho killers.

Alternate: Guy Pearce (L.A. Confidential)

Damn you nailed it.

Dude you really should do this for a profession you are a monster at this casting game.

Damn you nailed it.

Dude you really should do this for a profession you are a monster at this casting game.
Thank you, sir. I shall immediately send my resume to WB-DC Films (Marvel Studios don't need my help).

Just watched chapter 1 this weekend. Pretty great. this Pennywise does not stand in the shadow of Tim Curry's that's for sure.

Chastain is a good choice but wished it was Amy Adams.

Damn straight. It's a shame Chastain landed this role imo -especially since she was brown nosing to try and get it.

Wrong casting. Adams is not only a superior actress but she's a dead ringer for the older version of Beverly too.

I’d say let’s let Amy Adams and Jessica Chastain bang it out and the role will go to the winner.

we’re the winners

Just watched chapter 1 this weekend. Pretty great. this Pennywise does not stand in the shadow of Tim Curry's that's for sure.

Skarsgard was very inconsistent in the performance. I won't blame solely him but it's most likely a combination of things. One thing i noticed was they nailed the sewer scene down perfect and yet the the rest of the performance was off ranging from decent to bad. I made mention of this in the last thread and I ended up watching the IT behind the scenes and it confirmed my suspicions on why this scene much better than anything else in the movie. The sewer scene was the last scene they filmed during production and they took the most time on it using things that didn't work from earlier in the film. They did this on purpose because they knew the sewer scene would make or break the film so they saved it until the end.

The silverlining I have for the next film is I'm sure the budget will be well beyond what they had for Chapter 1 and they will know from the get go things that worked and didn't work.

Jessica Chastain is my least favorite redheaded actress. I agree with @Dragonlordxxxxx , it should've been Amy Adams. I like Bryce Dallas Howard as well. She doesn't fit the age range by a few years though. I also like Christina Hendricks.

Chastain is amazing, love her and glad she got the role. The only reason I might say I could lean towards Amy Adams getting the part is because Jessica's roles I remember the most were her playing strong women and it might be easier for me to buy into Amy Adams playing vulnerability. That said, by no means is the Chastain casting a bad one.

Back