Issuing a 6th round for title fights that result in a draw or split

I think it would be an interesting thing to do.
It would show who has more heart, grit and of course cardio and it also might show who truly is winning the fight.

Although not a TF a good example would be the Conor vs Nate fight. Although the fight ended in a majority dec for Conor, who knows what could have happened with another round to go: Conor was exhausted while Diaz seemed to still have something in him and ended the 5th round strong. Maybe a 6th round would have determined a clear winner. In my opinion Conor did actually win and giving Diaz the 2nd means people only watched the last 30 secs of that round, which was a good Diaz moment but nothing that would overturn the round in Diaz' favour.

Also, the first Woodley-Thompson fight should have gone to another boring but decisive 6th round

start a new thread and instead propose that for title fights there are unlimited rounds. Eventually someone will give out via exhaustion. But realistically I think if 2 extra rounds existed nobody would be able to make it 7 rounds except someone like Diaz bro´s.

No. A split decision or majority is still a decision.

Sometimes both fighters deserve a draw, nor not to lose. Not that many 5 round draws to put this kind of rule in either.

how about get rid of split decisions and give draws instead? a split decision is bullshit could go either way.

Pride rules. The only real MMA. What we have today is a boxing ripoff. 10 point system, short rounds, "octagon" girls, Conor McGregor. It is all ripped off from Boxing, unfortunately it does not translate well to MMA.

Paid rules?

Sounds like a reasonable idea but only if both fighters have to fight like this in the 6th round:

starnes-v-quarry2.gif

Did starnes ever offer an explanation on this bag of shit he called a performance? I don't recall precisely what the scorecards read but they were fucked up

how about get rid of split decisions and give draws instead? a split decision is bullshit could go either way.

If draws were desirable there would be an even number of judges.

You may not like split decisions, but they DID go one way - to the victor. If you can't convince 2 out of 3 judges you won you don't deserve to win. If you don't like decisions, you can always finish your opponent.

If draws were desirable there would be an even number of judges.

You may not like split decisions, but they DID go one way - to the victor. If you can't convince 2 out of 3 judges you won you don't deserve to win. If you don't like decisions, you can always finish your opponent.

Stupidest thing I have ever heard you just defend it cause it exist. Everyone hates split decisions.

Judges are idiots and fickle.

I say have less rules and we get more finishes. And give more draws and yes even number judges then or something

Stupidest thing I have ever heard you just defend it cause it exist. Everyone hates split decisions.

Judges are idiots and fickle.

I say have less rules and we get more finishes. And give more draws and yes even number judges then or something

If that is the stupidest thing you have ever heard, you really need to get out more.

Less rules? What rules, during the fight, do you want to get rid of? And making draws more likely, which ACTUALLY is pretty stupid, would not cause more finishes. I'd predict the opposite actually. Knowing that you need 2/4 judges instead of 2/3 would lead to even more conservative "fighting".

For the record, I don't hate split decisions. It is a clue that it probably was a pretty close fight. If I think a guy won, but he loses by split, I'm happy at least one judge agreed with me.

Only on Sherdog does an idiot arguing for more draws, and claiming that for more draws and an even number of officials would lead to more finishes.

DRAWS SUCK. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK LOSING A DECISION, TRY HARDER TO FINISH THE FIGHT.

If that is the stupidest thing you have ever heard, you really need to get out more.

Less rules? What rules, during the fight, do you want to get rid of? And making draws more likely, which ACTUALLY is pretty stupid, would not cause more finishes. I'd predict the opposite actually. Knowing that you need 2/4 judges instead of 2/3 would lead to even more conservative "fighting".

For the record, I don't hate split decisions. It is a clue that it probably was a pretty close fight. If I think a guy won, but he loses by split, I'm happy at least one judge agreed with me.

Only on Sherdog does an idiot arguing for more draws, and claiming that for more draws and an even number of officials would lead to more finishes.

DRAWS SUCK. IF YOU DON'T WANT TO RISK LOSING A DECISION, TRY HARDER TO FINISH THE FIGHT.

I said wrong thing.

I think less rules lead more finishes.

I suggest full knees to head on ground, 12-6 elbows except on eye socket area, and upkicks from guard and on down opponent.

I think we get these in few years. Someone post here that they work on 12-6 elbows and upkicks to pass next.

Would love see soccer kicks but not sure it ever happen.

More draws not sure it will not sure what desire that gives fighter more or less of. However, it could work.

I said wrong thing.

I think less rules lead more finishes.

I suggest full knees to head on ground, 12-6 elbows except on eye socket area, and upkicks from guard and on down opponent.

I think we get these in few years. Someone post here that they work on 12-6 elbows and upkicks to pass next.

Would love see soccer kicks but not sure it ever happen.

More draws not sure it will not sure what desire that gives fighter more or less of. However, it could work.

How in the hell could you avoid "eye socket areas" when throwing elbows? Impossible. Its hard enough saying no strikes to back of head.

You may see upkicks from grounded opponent, but you will never see soccer kicks in the U.S.

PRIDE rules baby

only true way to do it

Back