Issues finding effective recipes

Monte Moku

Amateur Kickboxer
@purple
Reaction score
Hello, I have calculated my macronutrients to begin tracking the calories I will need to steadily build muscle, however I find it is very hard to find three meals a day that meet all of the needs correctly. No matter what recipes I try to combine, it seems my limit for fat or carbs is always exceeded while I am fighting to find things with enough protein to make a balance. Did anyone else have this issue? If so, is there a better way for me to go about this? I am very new to fitness and nutrition (just watched combat sports and smoked weed for the past 20 years of my life) so I apologize for any blatant ignorance on my part.

If it helps at all, my macros are:
165g of protein or 660 calories
50g of fat or 454 calories
176g of carbs or 704 calories

You don't always have to follow recipe's exactly, I almost never do. Your dinner doesn't have enough fat or protein? Fry up some eggs and have them on the side. Breakfast doesn't have enough carbs? Make a smoothie and add some honey to it. Recipes are almost never going to be perfect unless you're buying them from one of those meal prepping companies. Maybe have a look at some of their products and try to replicate their recipes.

You don't always have to follow recipe's exactly, I almost never do. Your dinner doesn't have enough fat or protein? Fry up some eggs and have them on the side. Breakfast doesn't have enough carbs? Make a smoothie and add some honey to it. Recipes are almost never going to be perfect unless you're buying them from one of those meal prepping companies. Maybe have a look at some of their products and try to replicate their recipes.

Thank you, that actually makes a lot of sense haha. I think my approach was a bit too rigid and I was overthinking it

Back