International Israel vs. Palestine Discussion- War of 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hamas have officially lost this conflict in every way possible. Unless you call killing 70 IDF people a victory.
Difference is, here in Israel, a life or even a body of one soldier is worth more than 100 children or soldiers to Khaled Mashaal or other guys in Hamas' high command.

Israels amazing military is basically US funded.The best part with this is how Jews in Israel act like this is mutual relationship and both countries need each other:icon_chee:icon_chee

Israel bears the brunt of Arab Terror that would otherwise be directed at us. I'd say that's a pretty solid relationship.

Good for you that Israel has your back. One day you will be thankful for them to have fully developed the Iron dome for you... Against future Canadian zeppelins..

A free Palestine with access to water, education, jobs, power and sea resources with a standing military would crush Hamas as we know it or force it to change. Israel do not want this it seems. Why else would they continue to bombs water wells, schools and power plants? I don't think Hamas is much of a factor here when there are far deeper more fundamental issues. When basic dignity and human rights are trashed as they are in Gaza which is continually referred to as the largest open air prison in the world, and where land is continually stolen in the West Bank, you are going to have a people who are going to turn to someone who can advocate for them in the strongest possible terms.

Even I, an educated person with full access to the Israeli narrative through my Israel-supporting government and the MSM are really skeptical that Israel want peace and a viable two-state solution (well skepticism is somewhat of an understatement since Netnyahu basically admitted as much). So how can i, we really expect the Palis to say "hey, we need to trust in peace and the Israelis."

Really the article is typical of Foxnews. Lazy, biased, simplistic and misleading.

The same Palestine that elected Hamas in the first place? Keep dreaming...

Israeli soldiers and doctors are doing more for the civilians in Gaza than the Hamas ever did to anyone.

Sure. Why not. We have nothing better to spend it on . . .

...and conservatives bitch about social programs like WIC. Fuckin incredible.

Bro, you know most leftists don't have the balls to speak up against their own. It's OK. At least the Tea Party were conservatives who went after the establishment within their own party. Maybe the Democrats should learn a little something from the 'get your hands off my medicare' and the 'Obama is a Lion African' crowd.

As for Obama... :cool:

Difference is, here in Israel, a life or even a body of one soldier is worth more than 100 children or soldiers to Khaled Mashaal or other guys in Hamas' high command.

True. Hamas "leaders" do not value the lives of Palestinian children; they only value their deaths. And what gains can be made because of those deaths.

Pretty much. Some supposedly educated people still get manipulated by them.

I take it you are talking about the Israeli government here as they willing oblige with the killing of Civilians!?

hiya Ben Zona,

what does that picture mean? there isn't any commentary, just a picture of Ghandi.

are you saying that under these conditions;

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f54/what-would-your-response-if-you-were-forced-live-like-2796623/

....you'd just turn the other cheek?

that's very evolved of you, my friend.

the Palestinians need more like you...you can take it, but clearly they cannot.

- IGIT

You are wrong. They can take it. Otherwise, they would have done something about it. A long time ago.

actually no, when the Romans took over Judea they renamed the area Palestine but that was never a country or a ppl. Just an area they renamed, somewhat as an insult to Jews that once controlled it.

Its like saying Judea is a country. The Rocky Mountains are a country. The colorado springs are a country etc. No, its just an area.

So they renamed it Palestine before the 1st crusade? Yeah, that's all I was saying. Nobody ever called anything Israel outside of that one myth until after WW2. So theres no ancient claim to the land by them.

They also should've taught you that you can't have capitalism without at least a modicum of freedom; of national sovereignty; of stable political institutions; the rule of law; and certainly educational opportunities as well. The people of Gaza have none of those things. Placing the blame on those people who's upward mobility (or even mobility in general) is purposely and forcibly held in check by an enemy with the support of outside powers (financial, diplomatic and military), is incredibly short-sighted in my opinion. I'm not even sure if your post is serious.

You speak of choice, but there is very little choice possible. Either fight; be passive and accept your oppression; or flee to a neighboring Arab country which is nearly as backward as the one you are trying to escape.

Yeah....the whole" what are you waiting for.... pick yourself up by your bootstraps why don't you" seems pretty oblivious. Is that what a starving Ethiopian should do? A Somalian refuge? Just cash in all your savings or max out your platinum visa and fly to foreign country where you know nobody and have no connections and start over.......sounds reasonable!

You are wrong. They can take it. Otherwise, they would have done something about it. A long time ago.

hiya Ben Zona,

if the Palestinians can take it (absorb the indignity and brutality of life in the Gaza strip), why would they vote Hamas in? afterall, Hamas is unambiguously opposed to the very notion of Israel.

clearly, they could not "take it"...they could not tolerate what some people would describe as apartheid - so they were shifting to a more belligerent route.

though i agree with you that a better and more peaceful outcome would be possible if Israel was led by Ghandi, sadly they don't have Ghandi. they have Bibi.

- IGIT

You could level that at all " oppresed " people couldnt you?
suppose the slaves in this country should've " done something" instead of waiting for the issue to get sorted out for them?

What would be considered doing something? What are viable options in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back