Israel Battles ISIS on Golan Heights.

mcveteran81

Veteran
Banned
Reaction score
Source Link : http://www.israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/30605/Default.aspx

Snippets from article :

Israeli soldiers operating along the border between Israel and Syria on Sunday came under attack from terrorists affiliated with ISIS.

The soldiers were conducting a mission in the buffer zone between the two countries, but still inside Israeli territory, when they came under small arms and mortar fire.

Israel Air Force aircraft quickly responded, destroying a pick-up truck with a mounted machine gun and its four passengers.

“It was a short exchange, but it was productive,” said IDF spokesperson Lt. Col. Peter Lerner.

Later that night, Israeli aircraft bombed a facility in Syria that had been used as a base of operations by ISIS.

The target was an “abandoned UN building that has been used by the Islamic State as an operations center along the border in the southern Syrian Golan Heights,” read an army statement. “This is an additional response to yesterday’s attack, and it is aimed at preventing the terrorists from returning to the installation which poses a significant threat.”

Discuss.

I think I have seen the UN building in question. I might actually have a picture from when I last visited Israel. (Outbreak of the Syrian civil war)

Golan Heights? Is that like the Hollywood Hills of Terrorismville?

Israel may be a bunch of assholes as a country but you really can't complain about this... (in before someone complains about this)

Last edited:
Israel would destroy ISIS in a few days if the rest of the world just let them bang.

inbe4 CTers

Golan Heights? Is that like the Hollywood Hills of Terrorismville?
Theyre some scrubby hills/mountains in northern Israel (or syria- they were occupied by Israel a while back as a buffer). Some decent hiking and less decent wine there. Couple of old bunkers, and some UN peacekeepers.

While I am no fan of Israel, I wish the US gave a damn about protecting it's land the way the Israelis do.

Theyre some scrubby hills/mountains in northern Israel (or syria- they were occupied by Israel a while back as a buffer). Some decent hiking and less decent wine there. Couple of old bunkers, and some UN peacekeepers.

In America when we call something _______ Heights it is always some rich community lol. Not sure how it is in purgatory but I heard you guys have summer all year long.

Well, good. I'm surprised how long ISIS has been allowed to exist

In America when we call something _______ Heights it is always some rich community lol. Not sure how it is in purgatory but I heard you guys have summer all year long.

guess you never heard of Washington Heights.

either way, let Israel deal with them scumbags how they need to be dealt with.

well maybe israel shouldnt have supported the destabilization of syria.

what an odd alliance - saudi arabia, qatar, israel and the US versus Russia, syria (Assad), iran

They were protecting them against the Syrian government not long ago.

I guess they have accepted the fact that Assad is not going anywhere and now are jumping ship like Italians in WW1.

They were protecting them against the Syrian government not long ago.

I guess they have accepted the fact that Assad is not going anywhere and now are jumping ship like Italians in WW1.
The militants Israel was effectively shielding from Assad (by blowing up artillery when it started shelling the border) and providing with medical care were driven out of the area by Isis a little while back.

Well, good. I'm surprised how long ISIS has been allowed to exist

It's my opinion that the US wants to push ISIS into Syria to be used as a tool to help topple Assad.

guess you never heard of Washington Heights.

either way, let Israel deal with them scumbags how they need to be dealt with.
Yep, you'll notice that despite how unstable the region is Isreal only occasionally gets fucked with and when they do they crush the opposition.

Nonsense, ISIS is nowhere close to the Golan heights. IDF was fighting Syrian gov't forces as always

Showing your true colors huh empire shall fail? Lol, a Dagestani calling Israel hell when you live in a shit hole like Dagestan.

Lol. Fuck Israel and their corrupt, murdering, apartheid, isis-funding government.

Back