Israel Adesanya UFC Perth

Definitely excited about his debut here too, have seen him in Glory so it’s def cool to see a guy crossover who is during his “prime” years so to speak.

If the UFC is smart, they’ll use him wisely. Even if he can’t compete with the best grapplers in the world, it doesn’t mean he can’t put on good and exciting fights.

But, with Shelby at the helm, I suspect the match-making will be shit as usual. That guy is a complete fuckin bafoon.

I really hope they ease him into it. Give him a good three fights before a top 15. I think people will be surprised by his grappling ability

Sorry I meant MMA record...his kickboxing record is more impressive (a win over Stoika, at least)

Besides Saki who isnt really a prospect when it comes to fighting, name better prospect who just signed with the ufc....

Probably gonna get choked out
Nah because he has actually been grappling since 2010 unlike other kickboxing crossovers. Hes not looking to make a quick buck he is taking a big pay cut just so he can prove hes the best. guy is getting more well rounded everyday

He got taken down easy in his last fight before bouncing straight up and knocking his opp. Out cold with a question mark kick. He is actually fighting a good mate of his last opp. This guy ( wilkinson) is a much better wrestler. Pumped for it, he is elite. Should be glory MW champ imo

Glad you reminded me op. Looking forward to his fight. I'm realistic about his long term chances though. I see a alot of GnP losses and wrestle humping, but I hope he get mix in some exciting wins too.

UFC matchmaking sucks though. They always do striker vs grappler so likely he will be facing some grappling heavy opponents. They should give him only strikers who he would tool and KO but I doubt it.

Youre right in that regard and it would be better for viewership if they match him up with stand up guys at least until hes top 15. At that point I think his wrestling ahould be good enough to keep it upright. I just hope he travels to the US and develops high level defensive grappling before he gets too high of a ranked opponent

Glad you reminded me op. Looking forward to his fight. I'm realistic about his long term chances though. I see a alot of GnP losses and wrestle humping, but I hope he get mix in some exciting wins too.

Yeah for sure once he breaks into the top 15 he will be up against some quality grapplers that will really show us if he is a future title challenger. I think he has the goods though, watching him come up in the NZ scene there is such an aura about him. He will break the top ten on two years easily

Tailor made match up for him right here so be interesting to see he doesn't 'Aaron pico' it

Takedown defence not that great ,but good cardio ,very relaxed ,good fight iq and pretty decent bjj . He will do well

Tailor made match up for him right here so be interesting to see he doesn't 'Aaron pico' it

He will be fine he has already almost a hundred fights under his belt amd has fought for World titles .expect a highlight reel finish

He will be fine he has already almost a hundred fights under his belt amd has fought for World titles .expect a highlight reel finish

In kickboxing..

He's fighting a grappler here

Checked his MMA record and comptition.

Besides absolute cans, he fought brawler Andrew Flores Smith and Guillard.

After Muslim Salikhov's debut in the octagon, the expectations should be low.
Like limbo low?

Or hell low?

Back