Israel Adesanya looking like Prime Anderson Silva in this Kickboxing Fight

MMA striking > K-1 striking

Remember when people were calling Saki the best striker in MMA?

Lol

I blame Rogan. He has been saying years Overeem is the best striker in MMA, despite him getting KOd left and right his whole MMA career. Lol.

you made the implication that mma striking is better than kickboxing striking in a thread about a kickboxing fight, so you obviously do.
People shouldn’t be comparing someone’s striking in kickboxing to the GOAT MMA striker.

This is Sherdog, an MMA forum.

Kickboxing is the Wild West of fighting. Absolutely littered with gross mismatches.

2341235_0.jpg

its kickboxing. has the talent pool of 100 people in the whole world

The UFC has maybe 50 - 60 fighters who aren't cans

Lol

Remember that you are taking someone who has spent the majority of their life focusing on a specific aspect of fighting and then giving them completely different gloves, a different arena to fight in and they now have to deal with almost everything that would happen in a regular fight instead of focusing purely on striking. MMA striking isn't better, it's different and much more unpredictable than Boxing or Kickboxing. Dan Henderson was a total bore to watch in his Pride early days, and then when he found out he had power in his hands was KOing people left and right. That sort of thing doesn't happen in Boxing or Kickboxing. The skills needed are much more specific, where in MMA you can have a guy like him go in and brawl with people, but also supplement his stand up with ground game and level changes that are not possible in Kickboxing.

Last edited:

Lol

Saki looks like he gave up training..he's softer looking and twice as slow as I remember him in KB

The UFC has maybe 50 - 60 fighters who aren't cans

Remember that you are taking someone who has spent the majority of their life focusing on a specific aspect of fighting and then giving them completely different gloves, a different arena to fight in and they now have to deal with almost everything that would happen in a regular fight instead of focusing purely on striking. MMA striking isn't better, it's different and much more unpredictable than Boxing or Kickboxing. Dan Henderson was a total bore to watch in Pride early days, and then he found out he had power in his hands was KOing people left and right. That sort of thing doesn't happen in Boxing or Kickboxing. The skills needed are much more specific, where in MMA you can have a guy like him go in and brawl with people, but also supplement his stand up with ground game and level changes that are not possible in Kickboxing.
What I meant was

MMA striking > K-1 striking when it comes to an MMA fight.

Both are different types of striking.

Because most people have only seen Anderson fight after he was out of his prime.
lol..I've been watching mma for 13+ years.

I'm fully aware of how good Anderson was In his prime. I'm also aware of the level of his opponents In terms of striking.

He was great, absolutely. An inspiration to many. In the grand scheme though, he probably wasn't as good as people probably think overall when It comes to the striking.

His kicks and knees were great. His boxing was mediocre and his level of competition wasn't able to expose It throughout his prime. Same can be said for many who came from a muay thai backround. Many ingrained habits that are difficult to overcome, even when training with guys like Roach and other high level boxers.

Lol
No idea how people could say that about Saki when he was getting lit up by a UFC jobber and was nearly KO'd? Also, if you look at the best kickboxer in the world in Verhoeven, and you saw him losing on the feet to a journeyman in MMA andnthen panic wrestling, you see that skill sets do not always translate.

as a KB fan i like adesanya, but when you fight an no one everyone can look like a "god"

he is good and a skilled kickboxer-striker of course, but his division (85kg) on kickboxing is one of the weakest on kickboxing,i would say that in this division with the exception of Alex Pereira,Igor Bugaenko, Yousri Belgaroui , Jason Wilnis( depending of his performance), Timur Aylyarov, especially Artur Kyshenko(even without roids) and Artem levin who are levels above everyone on Kickboxing and MMA(not including boxing,lets bet realistic, the rest the MMA strikes are all better than the other guys,also 83kg mma division is historically pretty strong in talent pool

Kickboxing stronger divisions are 70,65 and under,77 is good but still way above the lighter´s

for who think that kickboxing is "dead" is because is probably is north american and only watch glory

kickboxing is growing more than never and doing spetacular in a lot of organizations in asia-europe with a lot of new talents

Kunlun,WLF,WFL,Emei Legend, Glory of Heroes,ACB-KB,K-1(the reinvented japanese focused on 65kg and under, is being fantastic since 2014), Krush, Tafnet Cup,Enfusion

about kickboxing good talent,if you would like to watch guys that are better than adesanya and fight in waay better competition i would recommend

Cedric Doumbe,Yoshiki Takei, Chingiz Allazov, Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong,Akihiro Kaneko, Alim Nabiev, Masaaki Noiri, Superbon Banchamek, Ren Hiramoto, Koya Urabe, Tayfun Ozcan,Haruma Saikyo, Kaew Weerasakreck, Wei Rui, Qiu Jiangliang,Petpanomrung Kiatmoo9, Artem Levin, Tenshin Nasukawa,Gunji Taito, Artur Kyshenko, Takeru Segawa, Artem Vakhitov,Robin van Roosmalen.

another thing to say,a lot of people saying that kickboxing striking is inferior but from what i see is that a lot of kickboxing guys that are translated-are translating to boxing are doing well while known mma guys when made the same thing were known fiasco´s

there are the same people that say that kickboxers cant box well,almost all of them are american,the coincidence is that "kickboxing" in american(that thing with pants that wonderboy made) is nothing like kickboxing in the rest of the world, the kickboxing that the noobs dont know...

Back