Isn't it interesting how...

Just cause someone has a long career doesn't always mean they had the most successful career. Look at MJ in basketball. Dude did not play many seasons at all, he just won all the time.

Top 10 back then and still top 10 now. Sounds like a good career to me breh.

and Ring of Combat or some local promotion probably has twice as many. you reach with your absurd romance.

It's almost as if PRIDE was better than the UFC.o_O

All of the below have at least one fight in Pride and are still in the top ten:
Werdum
Overeem
Hunt
Shogun
Mousasi
Lawler
Well they are all great fighters today. Mousasi might be the best MW right now and you can argue the rest were prime less than a decade ago. Especially Lawler

You're surprised new breed doesn't overtake them? Well they do, they just aren't far enough for outside top 10. I.E. Blaydes vs Overeem

I'll give you Overeem although he should not be ranked anymore after his brutal losing streak. And he's fought everywhere anyway and peaked after Pride, not during it.

But Mark Hunt's been overrated for years. His only wins since 2013 were against Nelson, Mir and Bigfoot who were/are all shot fighters. He's been massacred against every other top HW he faced and you're gonna tell me he's still a top 10 HW? Please.

I love Rua but he's only beaten low level guys and lost to all the good guys he faced this decade. He's hardly some impressive case for you.

So TS can fap himself to sleep at night over Pride legends "still being ranked today" but the reality of the situation shows differently.

Which current active fighter has been in the UFC the longest time and which No# UFC did they debut in?

I'll give you Overeem although he should not be ranked anymore after his brutal losing streak. And he's fought everywhere anyway and peaked after Pride, not during it.

But Mark Hunt's been overrated for years. His only wins since 2013 were against Nelson, Mir and Bigfoot who were/are all shot fighters. He's been massacred against every other top HW he faced and you're gonna tell me he's still a top 10 HW? Please.

I love Rua but he's only beaten low level guys and lost to all the good guys he faced this decade. He's hardly some impressive case for you.

So TS can fap himself to sleep at night over Pride legends "still being ranked today" but the reality of the situation shows differently.

They are currently ranked in the top 10. That is the reality of the situation dork.

They are currently ranked in the top 10. That is the reality of the situation dork.

Actually fruity, the reality is that situations aren't black and white cases of pure statistics and nothing else. If you're gonna make shitty threads where you try to push the false narrative of "Pride fighters are still the best" you're gonna be exposed for your BS.

The fact is that the only "Pride fighter" today who is still among the top(while having been KTFO twice in a row now) is Reem who fought there pre-prime for 5 to 6 years out of his 19 year fighting career, by now he's been fighting in the UFC for longer than he did in Pride.

Are you out of your wet dream yet or do you need more help?

Actually fruity, the reality is that situations aren't black and white cases of pure statistics and nothing else. If you're gonna make shitty threads where you try to push the false narrative of "Pride fighters are still the best" you're gonna be exposed for your BS.

The fact is that the only "Pride fighter" today who is still among the top(while having been KTFO twice in a row now) is Reem who fought there pre-prime for 5 to 6 years out of his 19 year fighting career, by now he's been fighting in the UFC for longer than he did in Pride.

I didn’t anywhere suggest Pride fighters are still the best. You’re the asshat making assumptions.

But to say they arent top ranked fighters is actually factually incorrect.

If you need proof, go to UFC.com and check the rankings, or look here on Sherdog. They’re all listed on there, so again, you are wrong. Dummy.

All of the below have at least one fight in Pride and are still in the top ten:
Werdum
Overeem
Hunt
Shogun
Mousasi
Lawler

Are you saying Mousasi, and Lawler are 10 years past their primes?

Dude you haven't heard? Anyone that eventually loses a fight is garbage. Even if they have been in the sport for 20 years and have decades of mileage and wear and tear

Looks like your an out of prime poster

Back