Islamist militants storm school in southern Philippines, take students hostage

Don't you have a Mighty Mouse thread to be in? Go ahead, I'm sure someone is expressing the "wrong" opinion on the flyweight division and needs to be corrected ASAP!
Just admit you fucked up.

AmeriKKKA where I can't walk the streets as a middle eastern man without guys in templar great helms riding me down.

It's a religious problem, but bigots try to twist it into an Islam/globalism problem.

Lol. You literally just made that shit up.

Don't you have a Mighty Mouse thread to be in? Go ahead, I'm sure someone is expressing the "wrong" opinion on the flyweight division and needs to be corrected ASAP!

LLMAO!! HAHAHHA

Freewifi.jpg

Wood-reinforced vehicles foil Maute antitank weapons

MARAWI CITY — Filipino military innovation and ingenuity are saving the lives of ground troops battling to liberate this city from Islamic State (IS)-inspired fighters who use antitank weapons to slow down government forces.

The 90-mm recoilless rifles, commonly called 90-RRs, and rocket-propelled grenades, known as RPGs, have been proven effective in immobilizing various kinds of armored vehicles for decades in many conflicts around the world, particularly in the Middle East.

In the fight against Moro rebels before the Marawi siege, the military had found 90-RRs, also called M67s, and RPGs to be serious threats to the armored vehicles of advancing troops.

ADVERTISEMENT

RPGs and similar rounds use high explosive antitank heat that can penetrate through more than 180 millimeters of steel armor, thicker than what is used by V-150 armored vehicles.

Extra protection
Lt. Col. Jo-ar Herrera, spokesperson of the Army’s 1st Infantry Division, said tank commanders had decided to cover armored vehicles with planks of wood for added protection against fighters belonging to the Abu Sayyaf, Maute group and their allies.

The wood serves to disperse the impact of an antitank warhead before it hits the steel shell of an armored personnel carrier (APC) or a tank.

“Our commanders took the initiative to innovate and ordered that all armored vehicles be reinforced with additional protection so it can withstand the antiarmor capability of the enemy,” he said.

Herrera said this was done to minimize casualties among troops aboard APCs advancing toward enemy positions and to prevent damage to armored vehicles.

He said the additional protection had been proven effective when one wood-reinforced armored vehicle was hit by an antitank weapon fired by a Maute gunman during the Marawi fighting.

“The shrapnel did not get past the plank of wood. The splinters hit the wood and did not pierce the (metal) armor,” he said.

Herrera said practically all armored vehicles here had already been reinforced with wood planks of varying thickness.

Read more: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/907313...les-foil-maute-antitank-weapons#ixzz4ke62VArI
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

Shocking. ...

The thing is the Spanish have just defeated the last hold outs of Muslamic Spain in 1492 with the fall of Grennada and some time between 1521 and 1571 the Spanish started conquering the Philippine Islands and also around that time they have expelled the Jews and Muslims in Spain so having said that can you imagine how the conquistadores have felt when they arrived in the southern Philippines and saw there are Moslems?

I think they were like "Haagggrrr not this shit again!!! I hate Moors!!"

Part & parcel, right? But then...

They just up & leave?

300 armed Islamic rebels.

Left.

With no casualties.

Were they doing live fire exercise?

I'm sure the military made a deal to let them leave so that no kids would get hurt.

That has nothing to do with Christianity.

Yeah, the Catholic church had only been preaching about the sinfulness of the tutsi minority for decades before the slaughter. Christianity has nothing to do with a chosen people, in the midst of the unchosen, trying to make their land holy by genocide. There is nothing in the bible remotely like that, at all.......

Yeah, the Catholic church had only been preaching about the sinfulness of the tutsi minority for decades before the slaughter. Christianity has nothing to do with a chosen people, in the midst of the unchosen, trying to make their land holy by genocide. There is nothing in the bible remotely like that, at all.......
That is exactly what those 300 were thinking when they attacked the school.

Back