Islamic State thread V9 - Sciptural justification for Burning . Kobani who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many in the Western media AQ and other Islamic fundamentalists are classified as 'rebels'. LOL.

its confusing enough as it is for people who follow whats going on over there.
The regular joe watching CNN cannot have a clue as to what is really happening.

its confusing enough as it is for people who follow whats going on over there.
The regular joe watching CNN cannot have a clue as to what is really happening.

For a time it was, now it's very hard to see where the FSA ends and AQ begins. For all intents and purposes, there really aren't anymore significant factions of 'moderate rebels', so to speak.

I agree with logos. McCant & co. are all about Iran and the Houthis, meanwhile AQAP is taking full advantage of the shenanigans going on in Yemen. The news is full of pro-SA news about Yemen but they ignore the fact that SA has done nothing to deal with AQAP or IS. The news is full of pro-Iraqi news, while somehow insulting Iran and there is no coverage of Syria anymore, even as Assad is losing more ground to IS. From an MSM and Capitol Hill perspective AQ is practically an ally.

Fair enough. Although i've seen more coverage of Syria than Yemen lately. i guess it depends on the news source.

Too many in the Western media AQ and other Islamic fundamentalists are classified as 'rebels'. LOL.

to be fair, even the people that are involved are probably clueless as to what's going on.

Fair enough. Although i've seen more coverage of Syria than Yemen lately. i guess it depends on the news source.

True, and tbd I've been checking most TV news online, so I'm probably a little behind some stories/momentum shifts

True, and tbd I've been checking most TV news online, so I'm probably a little behind some stories/momentum shifts

Twitter is where it's at. CNN just started reporting that ISIS has entered the Yarmouk this morning I believe, but I heard about several days ago on Twitter. Not only that, but they've been working hand in hand with Al Nusra. They probably won't begin reporting that until the end of the week.

I've been reading that Food is so scarce in Yarmouk that 1kg of rice costs 15,000 Syrian pounds, which is about $80. Those people don't even have doors. Most of the buildings are missing walls. Do you think any one of them can scrounge up $80 US dollars?

Can we talk about the Kenyan school shooting?

Man, the people in the Yarmouk refugee camp are so fucked.

ISIS is attacking from one side and Assad from the other. According to what I've heard, at least 25 barrel bombs have been dropped in the last week.

I've been reading that Food is so scarce in Yarmouk that 1kg of rice costs 15,000 Syrian pounds, which is about $80. Those people don't even have doors. Most of the buildings are missing walls. Do you think any one of them can scrounge up $80 US dollars?

Wonderful world we live in when we spend over a trillion dollars to fight in Iraq while people starve for rice at an inflated price of $80.

Human greed knows no bounds.

Wonderful world we live in when we spend over a trillion dollars to fight in Iraq while people starve for rice at an inflated price of $80.

Human greed knows no bounds.

Are you somehow blaming the situation in Yarmouk on the US?

Partly, since US was part of the group of countries that contributed to the destabilization of Syria back in 2011, and the situation spiraled out of control. Giving political support, supplies and arms to the Syrian rebels certainly prolonged the conflict. Much of the weapons sent were either captured or bought on the black market by ISIS/Al-Nusra, allowing them to carve up territories. US simply can't say it had nothing to do with it, although nowhere as responsible as Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

The US shares *some* blame for continuing to support the faux "moderate" rebels .

When Eisenhower was President, he ordered the Israelis,British and French to get out of Egypt when these 3 invaded Egypt. Obama could do something similar and demand the GCC,Turkey and Israel cease all support for the rebels. The problem is that American MidEast policy is greatly controlled by the Sunni oil rich Arabs and Israel firsters.

Partly, since US was part of the group of countries that contributed to the destabilization of Syria back in 2011, and the situation spiraled out of control. Giving political support, supplies and arms to the Syrian rebels certainly prolonged the conflict. Much of the weapons sent were either captured or bought on the black market by ISIS/Al-Nusra, allowing them to carve up territories. US simply can't say it had nothing to do with it, although nowhere as responsible as Turkey and Saudi Arabia.

I'm almost certain that no deals were officially made with the "rebels". Almost all of the US arms that ISIS has seized has come from Iraqi military.

The US shares *some* blame for continuing to support the faux "moderate" rebels .

When Eisenhower was President, he ordered the Israelis,British and French to get out of Egypt when these 3 invaded Egypt. Obama could do something similar and demand the GCC,Turkey and Israel cease all support for the rebels. The problem is that American MidEast policy is greatly controlled by the Sunni oil rich Arabs and Israel firsters.

The only people that the US is supporting are the Kurds (barely) and the Iraqi militias. That has little to do with Palestinians in Yarmouk. Why is it so hard for people to allow Assad, ISIS, and the rest of the Syrian nutjobs to take any blame?

I'm almost certain that no deals were officially made with the "rebels". Almost all of the US arms that ISIS has seized has come from Iraqi military.
There were plenty of reports that ISIS and Al-Nusra were capturing large quantities of American weapons from the "moderate" rebels, or buying them on the black market after the rebels sold them. That was before the Iraqi Army fiasco last year. The fact of the matter is that US played a huge factor in the destabilization of Middle East.

The only people that the US is supporting are the Kurds (barely) and the Iraqi militias. That has little to do with Palestinians in Yarmouk. Why is it so hard for people to allow Assad, ISIS, and the rest of the Syrian nutjobs to take any blame?

The US has been working with Turkey and Jordan to train the so called moderate Rebels. I recall atleast 1 instance of the US giving $500 million dollars in aid to the Rebels.

America knows well that Islamists are intertwined within the Rebels and the Rebels swap allegiances and or work with AQ and ISIS at times. Yet the US still supports them, albeit in a limited capacity - to please the GCC,Turkey and Israel. Syrian Christian leaders have implored the US not to support the Rebels. Syrian Christian leaders have even visited America trying to convince our Political leadership not to support the Rebels.

" Syrian Christian Leaders Call On U.S. To End Support For Anti-Assad Rebels "
http://swampland.time.com/2014/01/3...l-on-us-to-end-support-for-anti-assad-rebels/

If the US was not supporting the Rebels, albeit in a limited capacity, why are Syrian Christian leaders asking the US to cease support for the Rebels.

There were plenty of reports that ISIS and Al-Nusra were capturing large quantities of American weapons from the "moderate" rebels, or buying them on the black market after the rebels sold them. That was before the Iraqi Army fiasco last year. The fact of the matter is that US played a huge factor in the destabilization of Middle East.

I bolded the last part as a "no shit".

The CIA gave weapons to the FSA, who eventually joined ISIS. However, the amount of weapons were relatively small in scope. They were basically provided to shut up the bleeding hearts that were calling for an intervention in Syria. It wasn't until they started seizing weapons from the Iraqi's that they got their hands on some real hardware.

The US holds some blame indirectly, but that hardly absolves the Syrian people and the Assad regime from what's happening now. People are always so quick to point fingers at the west, but come on...the people in the ME could choose NOT to kill each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back