Islamic State/Iraq Thread v4: The Caliphate is somewhere in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamic State soldiers captured a YPG hospital in western Ayn Al Islam and executed YPG soldiers being treated.

Islamic State soldiers also captured christian priest and over a dozen other christians in church of Ayn Al Islam.

Turkey really wants to restore its Ottoman Empire

Islamic State soldiers captured a YPG hospital in western Ayn Al Islam and executed YPG soldiers being treated.

Islamic State soldiers also captured christian priest and over a dozen other christians in church of Ayn Al Islam.

oh shut the fuck up. Leave until you decide to post up proof of you bullshit

See my above post about Ataturk's quote.

How does 80% or more of the world's Muslims being non Arab change the fact that Islam is an Arab creation.

Allah is the Arabic name for god , which was carried over from pre-Mohammedan Arab pagan religion . Ofcourse there are cognates for Allah in other Semitic languages but it is the Arabs who use that specific name .Non Arab Muslims around the world use the name Allah only because their pre Arabian religion was replaced with Islam. So when you pray to Allah, you a non Arab are praying to an Arab god.

Muhammed was an Arab, from the tribe of Quraysh , from what is now Saudi Arabia. So you a non Arab prostrate yourself to the pronouncements of an Arab as the word of god (god of the Arabs) .

You complain about Armenians allegedly trying to take away Ottoman land and right after you mention this : "The Ottoman Empire was collapsing" . How exactly do you think the Ottoman empire came about ; how do empires come about unless they conquer and subjugate cultures. With your logic Kenyans were the aggressors for trying to evict the British empire from Kenya.

Armenians are , as far as we know, natives of the region taken over by Indo-Iranian conquerors. Just as Turkic pastoral tribes from what is now Mongolia spread out and conquered diverse races so too did the Indo-Europeans semi-nomadic pastoralists spread out from the Pontic Caspian steppes. The fact that Armenians speak an I-E language does not mean they are from the Indo-European homeland, just as an African American or a Spanish speaking Amerindian aren't English and Spanish respectively.

No such thing as an Arab God; God is God. Christians, Jews, and Muslims believe in the same God.

So going by your logic it's okay for the Native Americans to kill Americans just because it used to be their land once upon a time. Correct?

More protests in turkey tonight. looks like some serious ish is going down...

BzYS6MHCYAA9Kj8.jpg

BzYS9HaCYAAcH4-.jpg

BzYS1-_CAAAgkog.jpg

BzYS76JCIAEafAt.jpg

Why can't the Kurds protest in Damascus? Why Turkey? This isn't a Turkish problem; it's a Syrian problem. What are they expecting from Turkey? To invade another country on their behalf?

Why can't the Kurds protest in Damascus? Why Turkey? This isn't a Turkish problem; it's a Syrian problem. What are they expecting from Turkey? To invade another country on their behalf?

yes. Just like any other UN country would do if there was a genocide occurring only a few hundreds meters from their border. they have the ability to save hundreds of lives, but they simply won't do it.

"Evil prevails when good men do nothing."
- Edmund Burke

Maybe they want Turkey to let Kurds who want to fight ISIS to get across Turkish borders and let them join up with the Kurds in Syria. Also, they may want Turkey to let arms provided by others flow to the Kurds in Syria as easily as the Turks let arms reach the FSA.

Maybe they want Turkey to let Kurds who want to fight ISIS to get across Turkish borders and let them join up with the Kurds in Syria. Also, they may want Turkey to let arms provided by others flow to the Kurds in Syria as easily as the Turks let arms reach the FSA.

yeah seriously. if they're not going to intervene, they can at least make it appear as if they're not aiding ISIL.

To say it's a Syrian problem is really outrageous given Turkey's support of the war against Assad and its relatively open support of ISIS jihad in Syria. Even now Turkey is *openly demanding* that the US take out Assad *as the price* of Turkey helping.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/a0da17d2-4d71-11e4-bf60-00144feab7de.html

So the idea that Turkey is Turkey and Syria is Syria is nonsense. This is about Turkey's burning hatred for Assad and the Kurds, nothing more and nothing less.

The Turks were so desperate to take out Assad that they didn't reckon the price of supporting the jihadis. And they still can't stop gunning for Assad. Even back in May the Turks were openly admitting the incredible scope of their incompetence in dealing with Assad and with Islamic State.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/27/us-syria-crisis-turkey-idUSKBN0E710G20140527

Going forward, Turkey's Southern border will now consist of Shiite Syria, Islamic State, and Iraqi Kurdistan. Eastern border, Georgia, Armenia, and Iran. And ironically that horrible situation will probably suit the Turks fine, since they are so determined to surround themselves with enemies -- if that was their goal, they are right on target for accomplishing it. But I think they will find that their own domestic situation is not quite as stable, as a result, as they might have preferred.

To say it's a Syrian problem is really outrageous given Turkey's support of the war against Assad and its relatively open support of ISIS jihad in Syria. Even now Turkey is *openly demanding* that the US take out Assad *as the price* of Turkey helping.

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/a0da17d2-4d71-11e4-bf60-00144feab7de.html

So the idea that Turkey is Turkey and Syria is Syria is nonsense. This is about Turkey's burning hatred for Assad and the Kurds, nothing more and nothing less.

The Turks were so desperate to take out Assad that they didn't reckon the price of supporting the jihadis. And they still can't stop gunning for Assad. Even back in May the Turks were openly admitting the incredible scope of their incompetence in dealing with Assad and with Islamic State.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/27/us-syria-crisis-turkey-idUSKBN0E710G20140527

Going forward, Turkey's Southern border will now consist of Shiite Syria, Islamic State, and Iraqi Kurdistan. Eastern border, Georgia, Armenia, and Iran. And ironically that horrible situation will probably suit the Turks fine, since they are so determined to surround themselves with enemies -- if that was their goal, they are right on target for accomplishing it. But I think they will find that their own domestic situation is not quite as stable, as a result, as they might have preferred.

"Tork e khar" is the middle eastern phrase that comes to mind...

Ironic given their much-vaunted 'zero problems with neighbours policy'.

Once again posting exactly what I posted 2 weeks ago regarding senior Islamic State commander in v3 during assault on YPG. LOL how does it feel being a hypocrite once again posting the same news that I posted except weeks later.

For those who don't believe me regarding the Christians and hospital staffs being captured, just wait a few days kill kill might end up finding a "source" again for these.

It seems like the PKK terrorists finally realize they cannot defeat the Islamic State army so now they turn back to terrorizing civilians in Turkey.

Do you even Farsi bro

Ah jeez, zulqarnayn has already accused me of being Jewish. Now he's gonna accuse me of being Iranian. Or maybe he'll double down and say I'm an Iranian Jew from Shiraz. :p

This is a surprisingly good piece. It even outlines where today's air strikes hit.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/11147499/Isil-march-to-centre-of-Kobane-continues-despite-US-air-strikes.html

Here's an interesting excerpt;

In Kobane itself, the local knowledge of Kurdish guerrillas in the YPG [People's Defence Units] militia was likely to be more effective in combating the invading jihadists than air strikes, according to Ahmed Shekho, 24, head of the Syrian Kurdish students union, who fled at the weekend as the Isil attacks became fiercer.

"Now that Isil are in the eastern side of the town, a street war has started. It's like gang warfare," he said. "The YPG fighters know every street. Most of them are sons of Kobane and they are famous for their street fighting.

"Isil are better armed but when it comes to street fighting, maybe the situation could be different. The fighting has been intense and 350 jihadist fighters have been killed on the eastern side of Kobane."

On the air strikes, Mr Shekho – who, like thousands of other Syrian Kurds, has sought refuge in the Turkish border town of Sururc – shared Mr Erdogan's scepticism.

"For the Kurds, the American air strikes were the only hope, but they seem to have been more effective in Iraq," he said. "There's a valley to the south-west of Kobane that had 2,000 Isil vehicles in it for 11 days, yet the Americans have never targeted them. It's as if they only want to scare them or do a little damage. I was in the south-west of Kobane and I saw an American air strike hitting a water pump belonging to a local farmer."

The bolded makes me laugh, but the last paragraph that concerns me greatly.

The part below is hardcore

Yet standing under a broiling sun by a road side close to the frontier with a group of fellow Kobane natives, Mahmoud Ali Mohammed, 43, told poignantly of another two remaining residents – his elderly parents, who have refused to leave their birthplace despite the mayhem unfolding around them.

"My father is 85, blind and can hardly move," said Mr Mohammed, sporting a striking red keffiyeh, who left for Turkey because his son needed medical treatment. "He called me and asked me to go back to Kobane because there is no food or water. I brought him and my mother to the border but they decided to return home. They said, if we are going to die, we want to die in our own homeland, not in Turkey."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back