Status
Not open for further replies.

MANIAC123

Yolo Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
V2 went over 1k.

Now for round 3.

The Caliphate has now reached Montreal, doomsday is upon us.

A light hearted besmirching of the Islamic State in this article:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-campaigns-poke-fun-terrorist-group-ISIS.html

Head of ISIS security in Aleppo, who guarded James Foley, has been beheading after ISIS accused him off being a spy.
Fanatics from the Islamic State terror group have beheaded one of their own commanders after accusing him of being an MI6 agent, according to reports.

Abu Ubaida Almaghribi, head of IS security in Aleppo, northern Syria, was once in charge of a prison where American journalist James Foley and other Western hostages were held.

But he has now been executed after fellow extremists accused him of passing on information about IS activities to the UK.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-James-Foley-s-prison-accusing-spying-M6.html

Current data information stream reports confirm that the mighty army of Shiite Iraq and Kurdish forces has broken the siege of Armerli, routing ISIS and inflicting immeasurable casualties. The caliphate begins to crumble.

Current data information stream reports confirm that the mighty army of Shiite Iraq and Kurdish forces has broken the siege of Armerli, routing ISIS and inflicting immeasurable casualties. The caliphate begins to crumble.

Sauce? Would like to see the report on this one.

US AirStrike Filmed By ISIS Fighter in Iraq

US AirStrike Filmed By ISIS Fighter in Iraq

dpfy.gif

Blanket reply regarding the royal Al-Sa'ud and Al-Thani family. These two are very powerful and great royal houses, none of you should be talking anything bad about them.

Especially the kind Al-Thani family which has donated millions to muslims across the world in the last 2 decades alone. Al-Thani family has supported the building of mosques and development of muslims as much as any one man can do.

The former Emir of Qatar Hamad bin Khalifa Al-Thani is a smart man and gave Qatar an international presence. Al-Thani family has nothing to do with the Islamic State so leave the family out of the discussion.

Other news, the Islamic State is not responsible for the attacks on UN peacekeepers. Here is proof below that UN prisoners were never taken by the Islamic State, they were captured by Al-Nusra.

5jtUwMn.png

Also, Baghdadi youths continue to engage in heavy fight against Peshmerga in Sinjar.

Y47XtkT.png

Recruitment rate for Baghdadi Youths continue to grow in Raqqa as several battalions are now being simultaneously trained.

vcBxoCY.png

Islamic State has executed Lebanese soldier prisoner due to Lebanon army not meeting Islamic State demands of releasing a Islamic State Commander who was captured earlier in the month. Islamic State will continue to execute additional Lebanese soldiers unless Lebanon army meets Islamic State demands.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-29003321
Yep the siege is broken , sunni tribes and ex military who fight alongside ISIS are as predicted planning to turn their guns on IS now malaki is gone and the political situation is changing ...things arent going well for the caliphate

that elusive "planning". I can't wait until they start actually doing something.

The 'military situation' is changing, and will continue to change in favour of the government. Ever since the delivery of attack planes/helicopters/artillery, the US airstrikes and the mobilisation of the militia's has the IS charge stalled. Maybe this has drummed some sense into them.

Apparently they are asking for 40% of government posts when they are at best 30% of the population. They still hanker for the old days under Saddam. They need to let that dream go.

that elusive "planning". I can't wait until they start actually doing something.

The 'military situation' is changing, and will continue to change in favour of the government. Ever since the delivery of attack planes/helicopters/artillery, the US airstrikes and the mobilisation of the militia's has the IS charge stalled. Maybe this has drummed some sense into them.

Apparently they are asking for 40% of government posts when they are at best 30% of the population. They still hanker for the old days under Saddam. They need to let that dream go.

Once the politcal situation is fixed and theres an actual plan on the table (itd be stupid not to arrange it as part of a co ordinated attack to take maximum advantage ) they will

The IS advance has stalled for sure due to the sunnis going away from a home field advantage and western help the nw planes dont alter much and the shia militas were already mobilised) but stopping and going in the offense are 2 different things

erm ....They are about 40% of the population

'Islam 99% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christianity 0.8%, Mandaeism and other less than 1%. note: while there has been voluntary relocation of many Christian '

Once the politcal situation is fixed and theres an actual plan on the table (itd be stupid not to arrange it as part of a co ordinated attack to take maximum advantage ) they will

I wait with baited breath to see this wondrous day.

I remain sceptical that there will be a political situation to the liking of the sunni arabs. Remember that these people are super pissed that they aren't running the show, and their government is headed by someone they see as sub-human. They will demand more than they deserve - and, there are shia who want that to happen. They know that political deadlock will further their cause towards a separate state.

It's all lose lose for the sunni's at the moment. They are stuck with 3 choices and have to choose the least painful option. They can a) come to a political deal that won't meet their excessive demands b) continue fighting with ISIS and be vilified/pounded by everyone; or c) have their own islamic state where they are left with barren desert and no friends bar some bearded wackos in wartorn Syria. I would sympathise but.....

The IS advance has stalled for sure due to the sunnis going away from a home field advantage and western help the nw planes dont alter much and the shia militas were already mobilised) but stopping and going in the offense are 2 different things

Of course. The sunni's overreached after getting high on the slaughter that they conducted in the northern areas. I've always said this: when ISIS don't have a client population, and they're fighting a determined foe, they will lose.

The Iraqi army was crying out for new air assets. I'm 100% sure they disagree with your view. Now they've got some su-25's and mi-28's they can administer better air support. They've got more that should arrive towards the end of the year. Maybe someday they'll get their f-16's as well.

The Shia militia's were stood down in large part - which in no way means they haven't been doing bad things prior to that. I'm guessing you missed the call to arms by Sistani after it looked like ISIS were bearing down on Baghdad. As i've said before the sunni's brought about the rise of the shia militia's. They are the author of their own misery.

erm ....They are about 40% of the population

'Islam 99% (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%), Christianity 0.8%, Mandaeism and other less than 1%. note: while there has been voluntary relocation of many Christian '

You conveniently forget that a significant proportion of those sunni's are kurdish - who want nothing to do with the arab sunni's who are currently trying to kill them. The kurds will get their own representatives. I'm talking about the sunni arabs demanding 40%.

but shows how much you know. You're able to read wikipedia - but not able to apply it to the facts.

-I wait with baited breath to see this wondrous day.

-I remain sceptical that there will be a political situation to the liking of the sunni arabs. Remember that these people are super pissed that they aren't running the show, and their government is headed by someone they see as sub-human. They will demand more than they deserve - and, there are shia who want that to happen. They know that political deadlock will further their cause towards a separate state.

-It's all lose lose for the sunni's at the moment. They are stuck with 3 choices and have to choose the least painful option. They can a) come to a political deal that won't meet their excessive demands b) continue fighting with ISIS and be vilified/pounded by everyone; or c) have their own islamic state where they are left with barren desert and no friends bar some bearded wackos in wartorn Syria. I would sympathise but.....
Of course. The sunni's overreached after getting high on the slaughter that they conducted in the northern areas. I've always said this: when ISIS don't have a client population, and they're fighting a determined foe, they will lose.
The Iraqi army was crying out for new air assets. I'm 100% sure they disagree with your view. Now they've got some su-25's and mi-28's they can administer better air support. They've got more that should arrive towards the end of the year. Maybe someday they'll get their f-16's as well.
The Shia militia's were stood down in large part - which in no way means they haven't been doing bad things prior to that. I'm guessing you missed the call to arms by Sistani after it looked like ISIS were bearing down on Baghdad. As i've said before the sunni's brought about the rise of the shia militia's. They are the author of their own misery.

-You conveniently forget that a significant proportion of those sunni's are kurdish - who want nothing to do with the arab sunni's who are currently trying to kill them. The kurds will get their own representatives. I'm talking about the sunni arabs demanding 40%.
but shows how much you know. You're able to read wikipedia - but not able to apply it to the facts.

- You were the one who said even this wouldnt happen, prev thread u talked of the sunnis like they were one big hive mind ........iv yet to see you hold ur hands up to being wrong on that now that they are actualy happening.

-There will be few on both sides never happy but now that many legitamate greviances caused by the malaki reign are being adressed , isis are no longer useful or wanted by most

-Actualy their bargaining position is at an all time high , we in the west are pushing for this to be resolved asap as are the local shia and kurds who arent thrilled by the money and recruits pouring in to isis and what that means for a future resolution so they want to act now.
The new air assets and the shia militas(now all returned from syria as were many shia iraqi military officers ) redeployment has been useful in slowing down their advance and ending the threat to baghdad but its not enough to stop them they must be rolled back.

-Actualy the kurds were just as happy to see malaki go as the sunni ...and most shia too
the specific 40% demand sounds like b.s given demographics can shift in time..iv yet to see it posted anywhere reutable
they do want more representation in goverment but thats just a rollback of malakis purgeng them goverment , the rest of their demands are perfectly reasonable

Last edited:
- You were the one who said even this wouldnt happen, prev thread u talked of the sunnis like they were one big hive mind ........iv yet to see you hold ur hands up to being wrong on that now that they are actualy happening.

where did I say it wouldn't happen?

But continue to build up a strawman so you can knock it down as some sacred victory.

I've said that they don't trust the sunni's. People negotiate with people they don't trust all the time i.e. Israel and Hamas / Iran and USA. I just think Iraq will ultimately split. If it doesn't they will still hate each other. It'd be a really strange country.

-There will be few on both sides never happy but now that many legitamate greviances caused by the malaki reign are being adressed , isis are no longer useful or wanted by most

More BS about grievances "caused" by Maliki as the rallying call for sunni's to join a murderous cult; or account for their actions prior to Maliki. Still, you've failed to account for why they slaughter christians and kurds.

-Actualy their bargaining position is at an all time high , we in the west are pushing for this to be resolved asap as are the local shia and kurds who arent thrilled by the money and recruits pouring in to isis and what that means for a future resolution so they want to act now.

No it's not. You clearly don't understand bargaining. The sunni's can't even promise that the violence will stop; and they have little public sympathy from the public at large (in countries that matter). Shia's are in control and have the oil area's safely tucked away. They've sourced weaponry from alternative suppliers so the US is pissing away 1) leverage and 2) money from future contracts.

Other than turning the tap off on genocidal violence what do the sunni's bring to the table to bargain with - bearing in mind that the longer this goes on the more of an advantage the central government will have.

If the central government wanted to press home their advantage they just need to resist US pressure, and make it look like sunni's are intransigent. That shouldn't be too hard given their current reputation. In fact, I'd demand that they start the fight against ISIS immediately as a sign of good faith before any significant concessions were made.

The new air assets and the shia militas(now all returned from syria as were many shia iraqi military officers ) redeployment has been useful in slowing down their advance and ending the threat to baghdad but its not enough to stop them they must be rolled back.

I'm not sure I agree that ISIS need to be rolled back. Beat them away from Baghdad, destroy their military infrastructure and command and control centres - but let the northern areas enjoy their special bland of administrative/judicial control. Maybe then they'll turn "planning" into action and actually fight them (without millions of dollars to incentivise them).

-Actualy the kurds were just as happy to see malaki go as the sunni ...and most shia too
the specific 40% demand sounds like b.s given demographics can shift in time..iv yet to see it posted anywhere reutable
they do want more representation in goverment but thats just a rollback of malakis purgeng them goverment , the rest of their demands are perfectly reasonable

lol....we're talking about current demographics, not wishful thinking.

But nice whitewash of your ignorance that Iraqi sunni arabs are actually a smaller percentage than you thought. Just ignore it. That seems to work.

Personally I think Iraq is done as a state. However, Sunni's should get representation in proportion to their actual population. They shouldn't be over represented. They need to accept that the "good old days" are well and truly over.

Cnn reported that close to 150 air strikes were performed by the U.S. yesterday alone. Looks like engagement is starting to ramp up.

-where did I say it wouldn't happen?
But continue to build up a strawman so you can knock it down as some sacred victory.
I've said that they don't trust the sunni's. People negotiate with people they don't trust all the time i.e. Israel and Hamas / Iran and USA. I just think Iraq will ultimately split. If it doesn't they will still hate each other. It'd be a really strange country.

-More BS about grievances "caused" by Maliki as the rallying call for sunni's to join a murderous cult; or account for their actions prior to Maliki.

-Still, you've failed to account for why they slaughter christians and kurds.

No it's not. You clearly don't understand bargaining. The sunni's can't even promise that the violence will stop; and they have little public sympathy from the public at large (in countries that matter). Shia's are in control and have the oil area's safely tucked away. They've sourced weaponry from alternative suppliers so the US is pissing away 1) leverage and 2) money from future contracts.
Other than turning the tap off on genocidal violence what do the sunni's bring to the table to bargain with - bearing in mind that the longer this goes on the more of an advantage the central government will have.

If the central government wanted to press home their advantage they just need to resist US pressure, and make it look like sunni's are intransigent. That shouldn't be too hard given their current reputation. In fact, I'd demand that they start the fight against ISIS immediately as a sign of good faith before any significant concessions were made.

-I'm not sure I agree that ISIS need to be rolled back. Beat them away from Baghdad, destroy their military infrastructure and command and control centres - but let the northern areas enjoy their special bland of administrative/judicial control. Maybe then they'll turn "planning" into action and actually fight them (without millions of dollars to incentivise them).

-lol....we're talking about current demographics, not wishful thinking.
But nice whitewash of your ignorance that Iraqi sunni arabs are actually a smaller percentage than you thought. Just ignore it. That seems to work.
Personally I think Iraq is done as a state. However, Sunni's should get representation in proportion to their actual population. They shouldn't be over represented. They need to accept that the "good old days" are well and truly over.

-''The sunni's are fighting for IS, and they're doing it because they view other minority/sects as apostates and infidels. They're not doing it because of discrimination'' your exact words

-I dont think we can go any further if you are going to continue to live in some make belive world where there wasnt legitimate greviences that were stirring sunnis to rebel and take the help of the likes of ISIS
I posted a HRW report before and u acted like it didnt exist or something as it utterly shattered your argument
On both sides there will always be those who will use violence but malaki cranked that up.....that is the documented reality on the ground whether you accept it or not

-Still on that weak old strawman ? we are discussing ISSI sunni allies not the isis hardcore themselves

- If we dont strike a deal with the sunnis sooner rather than later (and its not like theres any shia or kurd or western resistance to any of the demands) then recruits, arms and cash flows into ISIS and the problem gets worse and worse

-They do need to be rolled back , they will unquestionably keep comming til they are stopped and ari support alone wont get that done

-Feel free to post that link showing they want an exact 40% representation then
I mentioned future demographics as its a reason why such a demand wouldnt make sense for any side

german supplies for kurds arrive
8000 Assault Rifles G3
8000 G36 Assault Rifles
40 MG3 machine guns
8000 pistols P1
30 "Milan" -ATGM with 500 missiles
200 rocket-propelled grenades (type "three") http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3
40 heavy bazookas
10,000 hand grenades
100 signal pistols

-''The sunni's are fighting for IS, and they're doing it because they view other minority/sects as apostates and infidels. They're not doing it because of discrimination'' your exact words

I don't see anything wrong with that sentence.

Even if they negotiate the central government should know exactly who they're dealing with.

-I dont think we can go any further if you are going to continue to live in some make belive world where there wasnt legitimate greviences that were stirring sunnis to rebel and take the help of the likes of ISIS

and likewise if you think sunni's are angels who never did a bad deed to anyone.

I'm just saying they are not rebelling in a way that one would normally expect. They are joining a genocidal death cult.

They are killing shia, kurds, christians, yazidi's etc. You still fail to account for that. If their grievances are against the central government, then why are they murdering kurds?

I posted a HRW report before and u acted like it didnt exist or something as it utterly shattered your argument
On both sides there will always be those who will use violence but malaki cranked that up.....that is the documented reality on the ground whether you accept it or not

Oh please.

You want to talk about cranking up the violence you should pay attention to the relentless terrorism that the sunni's brought about before and after maliki. You still fail to account for that, and you whitewash sunni terrorism as "low level violence"; as though relentless car bombings were just every day punch ups.

I just have little sympathy for them after that. So they're under-represented - boo hoo. They should count themselves lucky that they weren't kurdish or shia during Saddam's time.

-Still on that weak old strawman ? we are discussing ISSI sunni allies not the isis hardcore themselves

They are interchangeable depending on who's paying them.

If they are using ISIS terror as a bargaining chip then they are ISIS, and should be treated as such.

- If we dont strike a deal with the sunnis sooner rather than later (and its not like theres any shia or kurd or western resistance to any of the demands) then recruits, arms and cash flows into ISIS and the problem gets worse and worse

and of course you're privvy to the negotiations :icon_lol:

As with any negotiation there will be back and forth. As the sunni's are not in a strong bargaining position I very much doubt they will get as much as they want.

-They do need to be rolled back , they will unquestionably keep comming til they are stopped and ari support alone wont get that done

It's the sunni's problem. Let them fight them. They invited them in.

Why should southerners and other minorities lose their young men in northern hell holes because sunni's want to join Al Qaeda one minute and then ISIS the next.

-Feel free to post that link showing they want an exact 40% representation then
I mentioned future demographics as its a reason why such a demand wouldnt make sense for any side

I'm not privvy to the negotiations - which is why I qualified my post with "apparently".

german supplies for kurds arrive
8000 Assault Rifles G3
8000 G36(which model?) Assault Rifles
40 MG3 machine guns
8000 pistols P1
30 "Milan" -ATGM with 500 missiles (and thats a damn good system)
200 rocket-propelled grenades (type "three") http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panzerfaust_3
40 heavy bazookas (carl gustav i think)
10,000 hand grenades
100 signal pistols

damn you beat me too it i tweaked a few things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back