Islamic cleric questions moderate Muslims

Rex Kwon Do

ál-ḥámdúlílláh
@Silver
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen this video? I'm not sure what the cleric is getting at here. He's asked by an audience member why the media in Western countries is always focused on Islamic attitudes towards homosexuality, segregation of women, etc. when Christianity and Judaism prescribe the same treatment for these groups as Islam? The answer is bizarre. He goes on to do a survey of the crowd where he asks them if they are radicals--they say they are not--and if they support the death penalty for apostasy, the segregation of men and women, etc.--they do. It seems his point is that moderate Muslims support things that would be seen as extreme to outsiders, but in fact they're not.

If his intention was to make moderate Muslims look bad, then congrats, it worked. By the way, this took place in Norway, as far as I know.

Last edited:
If you are willing to wade through this wall of poorly written text, you will be shocked. It seems to me that their argument is this: The Western media is Islamophobic because they slander normal Muslims by calling them radical. Death to apostates and stoning adulterers are not radical views, and it is a sign of their Islamophobia that they call those that harbor these views "radical."

Jesus Christ, how fucking tone deaf is this guy? So characterizing normal Muslims as supportive of murdering people that choose to convert to a new religion is not the issue, rather it is a minor labeling issue--radical vs moderate--that is the real problem. LOL.

At least that's what I got out of this.

"When Muslim organizations invite Shaykhs who speak openly about the values of Islam, the Islamophobic western media starts murdering the character of that organization and the invited speaker. The question these Islamophobic journalists need to reflect upon is; are these so called ''radical'' views that they criticize endorsed only by these few individuals being invited around the globe, or does the common Muslims believe in them. If the common Muslims believe in these values that means that more or less all Muslims are radical and that Islam is a radical religion. Since this is not the case, as Islam is a peaceful religion and so are the masses of common Muslims, these Shaykhs cannot be radical. Rather it is Islamophobia from the ignorant western media who is more concerned about making money by alienating Islam by presenting Muslims in this way. Islam Net, an organization in Norway, invited 9 speakers to Peace Conference Scandinavia 2013. These speakers would most likely be labelled as ''extremists'' if the media were to write about the conference. But how come this conference was the largest Islamic Scandinavian International event that has taken place in Norway with about 4000 people attending? Were the majority of those who attended in opposition to what the speakers were preaching? If so, how come they paid to enter? Let's forget about that for a moment, let's imagine that we don't really knew what all these people thought about for example segregation of men and women, or stoning to death of those who commit adultery. The Chairman of Islam Net, Fahad Ullah Qureshi asked the audience, and the answer was clear. The attendees were common Sunni Muslims. They did not consider themselves as radicals or extremists. They believed that segregation was the right thing to do, both men and women agreed upon this. They even supported stoning or whatever punishment Islam or prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) commanded for adultery or any other crime. They even believed that these practises should be implemented around the world. Now what does that tell us? Either all Muslims and Islam is radical, or the media is Islamophobic and racist in their presentation of Islam. Islam is not radical, nor is Muslims in general radical. That means that the media is the reason for the hatred against Muslims, which is spreading among the non-Muslims in western countries."

^^ Calling in backup? I think you forgot Rip, TCK & Colby lol

That is some next-level editing right there. Anyone who who falls for this is a moron.

That is some next-level editing right there. Anyone who who falls for this is a moron.

LOL might want to look in the mirror with that "moron" accusation, smart guy. Click on the Youtube page that uploaded that video. Now check out their other videos.

You think this is some sort of right-wing hackjob? Do a little research first before speaking, goof.

That's a real sausage party they have going on there. For a group that likes to throw homos off buildings so much, they seem to have an awful lot of all-male gatherings.

LOL might want to look in the mirror with that "moron" accusation, smart guy. Click on the Youtube page that uploaded that video. Now check out their other videos.

You think this is some sort of right-wing hackjob? Do a little research first before speaking, goof.

I simply refuse to believe that this video is entirely authentic. Regardless, this thread should be deleted and that video removed from YouTube. It is dangerous... And right wing nutters like yourself propagating this "Imam" and his backward psuedo-Islamic rhetoric is exactly what groups like Daesh want.

Do a little research first before speaking, goof

raw

Sickening....par for the course of Islam. Commit atrocities around the world and blame everybody else.

A guy on my campus was assaulted my Muslims for suggesting that it isn't a peaceful religion.....go figure. Must be the media painting them as violent extremists.

A guy on my campus was assaulted my Muslims for suggesting that it isn't a peaceful religion.....go figure.

Good news for everyone who drops the obligatory "Religion of peace" comment in any thread regarding Muslims or Islam. Keep your heads, or neck down.

It looks like academic critical race theorists are taking Islamophobia to the next impenetrable level.

I simply refuse to believe that this video is entirely authentic. Regardless, this thread should be deleted and that video removed from YouTube. It is dangerous... And right wing nutters like yourself propagating this "Imam" and his backward psuedo-Islamic rhetoric is exactly what groups like Daesh want.

So you'll keep pretending your obviously erroneous belief is true and follow it up with censorship.

21st century leftism, ladies and gents, perfectly encapsulated by one useful idiot.

Back