Islam Makhachev is going to be the LW GOAT

TS should be immediately ban for this disgusting disturbing traumatizing fuckin avatar

By far the most promising prospect right now. I'd bet money on him being the LW champ within the next two years. His team is hyping him up, saying he's got the potential to be better than Khabib. Which isn't empty praise, because Khabib's in the same team. He's also a multiple time Combat Sambo national champion and world champion.

His grappling looks almost identical to Khabib's, down to the trips and the wrist control and how he ties up the legs. But his stand up is on another level.

r0xRlk.gif

ElM9LK.gif

VmxPV9.gif

GZO5kr.gif

His kicks look great. They're relaxed and whip-like. There's room for improvement, but his basics are good, you can see he "gets" kicking. In contrast, most UFC fighters throw stiff, slow, undamaging kicks -- Conor's roundhouse kicks are an example. Islam's use of his hips, especially in the body kicks, is excellent.

He's got good, natural footwork as well. You can see he's comfortable and relaxed on the feet. Also throws very smooth combos. Plus he packs a punch, only person to KO Tibau.

He's got all the ingredients. With his grappling, and his comfort and skill on the feet, he's got an insane ceiling. For someone like Khabib, who just doesn't have the attributes to be great in stand up, it's almost impossible to ever become more than decent, and to truly become comfortable on the feet. But Islam's already good on the feet and training at AKA, he'll only get better.

CandidPleasedLeech-max-1mb.gif

Only blemish on his record is a KO loss to Martins a few years ago, but anyone can get caught, and IMO that was a bit of an early stoppage. Islam looked ready to keep fighting 0.5 seconds after running into the punch. Importantly, though, it didn't make him timid, like the KO against Tibau shows. Also, he's got the least strikes absorbed per minute in the UFC by far (and an all time record):

hRP242L.png

All he needs is slightly more work on defense and he's going to be nearly a perfect fighter. Although it's been years since we saw any real holes in his game.
lol no. fringe top 5 at best. got ko'd by Martin's. Oh yea fighters can never Improve right? yes they can but he has a glass jaw. once a glass jaw, always will be a glass jaw.

Eh i don't know about that

If he starts going up against guys who have solid wrestling and good striking, he'll be in trouble.

I'd like to see him face Alex Hernandez or Al Iaquinta soon
Hernandez would ko him and turn him into a Christian.

I don't understand how people can come up with that when there's at least 4-5 guys he'll never beat no matter what.

His striking looks much better now and he is still improving. Im impressed.

Im not that sold on his grappling being on the same level as Khabib... but hey who else is? He still have to face better competition.

I have big hopes on him. IDK if he is going to be more succesful than Khabib but what makes Khabib so special is not that he is well rounded (he is not) but he can impose his will over anybody.

I would throw him right there with a top 15 guy. Trinaldo would be a good test.

What? Those stoppages aren't even remotely similar.

Tibau is completely out of it, isn't defending at all, his head is flat against the octagon for multiple punches and he stares at the ceiling, his feet are straight and he's not even trying to keep Islam off of him.

Islam on the other hand tries to kick Martins off of him, keeps eye contact with Martins as he goes down and as he's on the ground, and keeps looking at Martins as the ref stops it.
Bruh his eyes were closed and he ain't looking at shit. He completely went limp and look at how his leg bent. I love how you say multiple punches for the Tibau but it was one punch on the ground. The first punch he totally missed and punched the floor.

Bruh his eyes were closed and he ain't looking at shit. He completely went limp and look at how his leg bent. I love how you say multiple punches for the Tibau but it was one punch on the ground. The first punch he totally missed and punched the floor.

{<huh}

None of what you said is true.

{<huh}

None of what you said is true.
Watch the Tibau knockout from another angle. Islam only landed one punch on the ground, he totally missed the first punch. If you watch Islam from the angle I posted and still think he was fine. I don't know what to say to you.

Watch the Tibau knockout from another angle. Islam only landed one punch on the ground, he totally missed the first punch. If you watch Islam from the angle I posted and still think he was fine. I don't know what to say to you.
So what? Tibau's head is still flat against the ground for the duration of multiple punches. It changes absolutely nothing if the first one missed.

Islam was fine, the new angle doesn't show anything new.

And see the difference in how the refs act: in the Tibau fight, the ref runs in, eyes constantly on Tibau to see if he's going to start defending, and he only puts himself between Islam and Tibau when he's next to the fighters and Tibau's head is still flat against the ground. In the Martins fight, the ref doesn't even look at Islam, he just sprints in straight away to push Martins away.

So what? Tibau's head is still flat against the ground for the duration of multiple punches. It changes absolutely nothing if the first one missed.

Islam was fine, the new angle doesn't show anything new.

And see the difference in how the refs act: in the Tibau fight, the ref runs in, eyes constantly on Tibau to see if he's going to start defending, and he only puts himself between Islam and Tibau when he's next to the fighters and Tibau's head is still flat against the ground. In the Martins fight, the ref doesn't even look at Islam, he just sprints in straight away to push Martins away.
HAHAHAHHAHA you are really pulling at straws with this push vs looking at the downed fighter thing and the head down on the mat. It's not like Islam's head wasn't flat and his hands completely flailing on the ground. Ref was trying to stop the action by pushing away the agressor. Jesus Christ you are so stubborn.

HAHAHAHHAHA you are really pulling at straws with this push vs looking at the downed fighter thing and the head down on the mat. It's not like Islam's head wasn't flat and his hands completely flailing on the ground. Ref was trying to stop the action by pushing away the agressor. Jesus Christ you are so stubborn.
Yes, the ref looking to see if the fighter is still in the fight before stopping it sure is "pulling at the straws" {<jordan}

Him, Zabit and Khabib are showing why them Dagestani boys aren't to be taken lightly.

By far the most promising prospect right now. His team is hyping him up, saying he's got the potential to be better than Khabib. Which isn't empty praise, because Khabib's in the same team. He's also a multiple time Combat Sambo national champion and world champion.

His grappling looks almost identical to Khabib's, down to the trips and the wrist control and how he ties up the legs. But his stand up is on another level.

r0xRlk.gif

ElM9LK.gif

VmxPV9.gif

GZO5kr.gif

His kicks look great. They're relaxed and whip-like. There's room for improvement, but his basics are good, you can see he "gets" kicking. In contrast, most UFC fighters throw stiff, slow, undamaging kicks -- Conor's roundhouse kicks are an example. Islam's use of his hips, especially in the body kicks, is excellent.

He's got good, natural footwork as well. You can see he's comfortable and relaxed on the feet. Also throws very smooth combos. Plus he packs a punch, only person to KO Tibau.

He's got all the ingredients. With his grappling, and his comfort and skill on the feet, he's got an insane ceiling. For someone like Khabib, who just doesn't have the attributes to be great in stand up, it's almost impossible to ever become more than decent, and to truly become comfortable on the feet. But Islam's already good on the feet and training at AKA, he'll only get better.

CandidPleasedLeech-max-1mb.gif

Only blemish on his record is a KO loss to Martins a few years ago, but anyone can get caught, and IMO that was a bit of an early stoppage. Islam looked ready to keep fighting 0.5 seconds after running into the punch. Importantly, though, it didn't make him timid, like the KO against Tibau shows. Also, he's got the least strikes absorbed per minute in the UFC by far (and an all time record):

hRP242L.png

All he needs is slightly more work on defense and he's going to be nearly a perfect fighter. Although it's been years since we saw any real holes in his game.
Guys that get KO'd by Adriano "nobody' Martins in the the first round cant be GOAT.
Only guys that tap to Matt "the italian midget" Serra can be considered p4p GOAT.

Khabib has outstruck better strikers in the UFC and hasn't been knocked out on the feet like Islam

I'm bearish on this

He definitely was not out and he was getting his hands and legs up to defend himself. Ref didnt give him a chance to. I wouldnt consider it a legit loss, but its on the record so..he has all the potential for sure. He and khabib will never fight, so when khabib retired he will get his chance.

Back