Media Islam Makhachev double standards called out

moosaev

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score

Even annoying MMA Youtubers are onto the Dagi haters lol.

Cliffs:

• islam's comments about not having interesting fights at LW were taken out of context, he clearly said he'd fight all his upcoming contenders and then eventually wants to move up.
  • calls out constantly moving goal posts for islam. Criticize him for being a weight bully, then criticize him for challenging himself by wanting to move up
  • says pretty clearly that this is all agenda driven. There is a segment of the mma fanbase that just don't like the Dagis, and will dishonestly use any reason to sling mud at them
Let's call it like it is, ~90% of the Islam Mak criticism on sherdog is unwarranted and driven by anti-Dagi bias.

Meh, he's underappreciated as a heel. Most heels are over the top, and I don't know that I've ever even heard Islam swear or raise his voice, he's just perfectly calm and dismissive, and it makes the haters apoplectic to the point they will completely humiliate themselves.

They all kind of know that he'd most likely batter Leon Scott and probably sling him down a few times and choke him to take the WW title, so they have to twist themselves into pretzels to come up with ways to convince themselves he shouldn't get the fight and hope some 5-1 underdog can pull off a fluke punch or something in the meantime, which isn't going to happen either. FFS, the common suggestion now is that he should have to give up the WW title and start from the bottom at WW. Like WTF? What other champ in the company's history has had to give up their title just to go fight random contenders in another division?

Jones got the same thing for at least 5 years as champ, and I was one of people trying to find ways to discredit his wins, but at a certain point you kind of have to accept that he's just the best and the fluke you're waiting for probably isn't going to happen. It's horse shit that he's holding the HW title hostage now, but his legacy is already cemented and the UFC are just giving him an easy send off for stepping in to bury Ngannou leaving.

Back