"Islam has no future for our society"

Not when we merge with machines and eventually discover how to live forever through transfer of consciousness. Will be a long time from now but im sure of it. Why fear god when you cannot die?

I'd say religion for a lot of people isn't about fearing God, it's about communing with the divine.

As for humans merging with machines, I'm not convinced that will ever happen. Scientists can't even really figure out what consciousness IS, but they're going to somehow figure out how to store it on a hard drive?

Besides, the sun's eventually going to burn out, so even if we figure out how to do that we also have to figure out how to go colonize a habitable planet in another solar system, which is something I'm not sure we'll ever actually figure out how to do.

Not when we merge with machines and eventually discover how to live forever through transfer of consciousness.

If you were on the side of those who see the brain as a receiver, not a transmitter, you would reject the idea that transfers of human consciousness from brains to machines is even remotely possible.

We had a radio station here in town that just gave all their DJ's pink slips and shut down operations. The radio in my car still works perfectly. Yet I hear nothing but white noise when I tune to 94.5.

I'd say religion for a lot of people isn't about fearing God, it's about communing with the divine.

As for humans merging with machines, I'm not convinced that will ever happen. Scientists can't even really figure out what consciousness IS, but they're going to somehow figure out how to store it on a hard drive?

Besides, the sun's eventually going to burn out, so even if we figure out how to do that we also have to figure out how to go colonize a habitable planet in another solar system, which is something I'm not sure we'll ever actually figure out how to do.
The sun burning out is billions(?) of years away. We will be half robots in the next 300 years and imo we will achieve immortality in 1000 years. I think religion will fade out slowly. Look how prominent it was 300 years ago and more and look now.

The sun burning out is billions(?) of years away. We will be half robots in the next 300 years and imo we will achieve immortality in 1000 years. I think religion will fade out slowly. Look how prominent it was 300 years ago and more and look now.

Even half-robots will need the sun. The earth is going to freeze over like Pluto.

But a majority of Muslims around the world support terrorism and support throwing gay people off rooftops. Is that the type of thing we want in the West? Shouldn't we be protecting our women, and LGBT people?

And the majority of white christian/athiests support the genocide, enslavement and rape of every other major race on earth.. u have done it to the red man, black man, jews, yellow man and now the brown man..they also actually support and defend the decision to nuke cities full civilians.. seriously fuck you racist pricks. Now go watch your "protected" women get outbred on blacked dot com or something.

Islam is problematic because for some reason it is so vulnerable for extremists to exploit it for their purposes.

Very good video that gets right to the point please watch as this is a very important subject. Thoughts people?

I just watched this and I think I missed the part where he said "Islam as no future in our society", I was listening to it in the background. He touches on his beliefs about the problems with Islam and how they're deeply embedded but even he says that they're not insurmountable and he praises Maajid's answer at the end. If I did miss it please tell me where he says it in the video.

I just watched this and I think I missed the part where he said "Islam as no future in our society", I was listening to it in the background. He touches on his beliefs about the problems with Islam and how they're deeply embedded but even he says that they're not insurmountable and he praises Maajid's answer at the end. If I did miss it please tell me where he says it in the video.

I didn't hear it myself. But it is true. And so I put it as the thread title to make it seem more enticing to get people together to converse

I didn't hear it myself. But it is true. And so I put it as the thread title to make it seem more enticing to get people together to converse
You put it in quotation marks though, implying he said it. And now you're admitting you did it to get more views. So you intentionally misattributed a quote to him because it'd be better clickbait. Very dishonest and sad.

You put it in quotation marks though, implying he said it. And now you're admitting you did it to get more views. So you intentionally misattributed a quote to him because it'd be better clickbait. Very dishonest and sad.

This is such a big problem and I want to get people to come together and talk about it.... and your picking at that? Very pathetic.
Just please make sure to go comment on the youtube video and say the same to the guy who put the video up.

Ok, but what percent are? Majority?
There are like a billion muslims. If a majority of muslims were killers, we would have more deaths than a few thousand or whatever a year.

Killing among varying sects of islam is probably higher than non muslims.

There are like a billion muslims. If a majority of muslims were killers, we would have more deaths than a few thousand or whatever a year.

Killing among varying sects of islam is probably higher than non muslims.

You raise a good point. But the fact that they want to spread and take over is scary and they are spreading. Hitler wanting all jews dead was bad enough. These people what all non believers killed and all jews killed the amount of deaths you mentioned will only just increase more and more and more if people don't stand up to it.

My muslim Bangladeshi neighbor mows my lawn when I travel and brings me a box of sweets at the end of Ramadan..... still waiting for him to firebomb me for being a non believer.

Seriously though, speaking in absolutes is both dangerous and disingenuous. Islam has its problems, but not every muslim is looking to kill all infidels.

Do you live in an area that Muslims control and are the majority?

This makes a huge difference.

This is such a big problem and I want to get people to come together and talk about it.... and your picking at that? Very pathetic.
Just please make sure to go comment on the youtube video and say the same to the guy who put the video up.
You don't have to be dishonest to get the WR to criticize Islam. Try having some integrity, people will take you more seriously when you do.

Wait, so you are arguing that Western society shouldn’t become part of the caliphate???

Way to go out on a limb there, TS. You must be a man of incredible integrity to embrace such a brave and controversial position here in the WR.

Back