Shoop ***ISL SEASON 6 SHOOP CONTEST*** - Announcement and sign up INTERNATIONAL SHOOP LEAGUE

bigwaverider

✌️ SHOOP MOD ✌️
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
**VOTING THREAD IS NOW UP FOR ROUND 1. GO VOTE!!**

*** IT"S TIME! The International Shoop League Season 6 is upon us!!!!

*****CONTEST IS NOW EXTENDED TO 40 ENTRANTS!!*****

***Link to ISL 6 1st Round
***Link to ISL 6 Second and Final Round

Sign up here to enter Sherdog's most prestigious, and high level Shoop contest, "The International Shoop League". Brought to you by @bigwaverider and @jei.

@Empty Emp will be defending his title as King of ISL 5... and ISL 4... and ISL 3 (can't find the link.)... and Lord knows how many other ISL's this behemoth has won.

hE1H5lR.png

We are accepting Amazon eGift codes as prizes. Donations are greatly needed. Purchase the code here, then PM it to @bigwaverider or @jei.

Sign up will end 10PM EST Dec 7, 2018. This is 24 hours before the start of UFC 231, Dec 8, 2018 at 10PM EST. This gives us 24 hours to send out any necessary messages to the contestants.

ISL 6 will be a two round event. First round will be for UFC 231 "Holloway vs. Ortega", Dec 8, 2018 . The Final Round, "The Shooperbowl", will be for UFC 232 "Jones vs. Gustafsson 2", Dec 29, 2018. We will combine the votes from Round 1 and 2 to determine the winner.

If you would like to sign up for the contest, please state your intentions in this thread. Make it perfectly clear that you want to sign up and also tag @bigwaverider to make sure we see your post. Don't just say "In" or post a .gif as those will be ignored. "@bigwaverider I want to sign up" would be a good response.

As of now we are going to limit it to the first ***40 entrants*** (note this has been updated from the original 20). After that we will be taking alternates. If there is a large enough demand, we may extend the amount of contestants.

As far as shoops, pretty much anything goes except for audio shoops. Gifs, non-gif, story boards, etc. are all fine.

****As always, good-natured trash talking is allowed, and encouraged, in this thread.****

********************************************************************************************
These are the rules thus far. Please note that these may change as needed.
********************************************************************************************

• First and foremost, at all times you are responsible for knowing the rules in the OP's of the contests. No excuses.

• Post your intentions to sign up in this thread. Make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you want to enter. Do not only post a .gif as your intent to sign-up. Do not say "IN" or anything else that can be misinterpreted. "@bigwaverider I want to sign up" would be a good response. If you don't tag @bigwaverider, we may overlook your post and you won't be entered. This has happened before.

Once entered, check the OP to make sure you are in the Contestants List at the bottom. P.M. and tag @bigwaverider in this thread if you are not added. It's up to you to make sure we have seen your post and that you are entered. This is VERY important.

• Entries will be submitted to @bigwaverider (NOT @jei - although this may change) in a P.M. with your Username and “ISL Entry UFC 231” in the title (change "231" to "232" for that event). Do not submit your entries until after the UFC events are over. I get a lot of PM's and it's best if all the entries are together, and properly titled in my PM box. If it is entered days before the contest it may get lost and overlooked. If you have a compelling reason to enter it early, them PM @bigwaverider and explain. There are always exceptions.

• The deadline for submission will be 72 hours after the respective UFC Card's Main Event start time. You have almost 3 days to work on your shoop.

• Voting will start shortly thereafter and last for 3 days.

• You can start early if you want.

• Shoops must relate to the respective UFC events or build-up.

• No audio shoops allowed - per @Empty Emp.

• We will not provide template cut outs. You are on your own. Here is the Sherdog Template Database if you want to use any of those. The link is always in my sig. Mahalo to @LouisBolanos for maintaining this extensive database.

• One entry per person.

• No vote trolling. You will be banned from further contests including NGS and MSPaint. This means in no way are you to ask or coerce others into voting for you.

• No threads about specific entrants until after the contest.

• Do not post your images anywhere on the internet before or during the contest or you will be disqualified. You cannot re-use old shoops.

• We will determine the winner by combining your total votes from both rounds. Whoever has the most votes wins.

• If you have any questions, ask in this thread or P.M. @jei or @bigwaverider.

• Rules and prizes are subject to change.

Contestants: Do not attach your images to Sherdog as they will not be accepted. Use a proper image host such as http://www.imgur.com or https://imgbb.com/. We will not accept www.photobucket.com entries as the URL's contain your name. This is an anonymous contest.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Contestants
01. @Buff
02. @jei
03. @bigwaverider
04. @Arqueto176
05. @TheScorpionDude
06. @Myrddin Wild
07. @Sansnom
08. @p4pgoat
09. @Drugstore Cowboy
10. @Zeroinnes
11. @Ottawaguy
12. @lostdog000
13. @X Factor
14. @MacGregor
15. @Cowboy Cerroliveira
16. @Double Dragon
17. @Fossor
18. @HughPhug
19. @in the liver
20. @Dark Individual
21. @Anung Un Rama
22. @BLACKWOLF
23. @TheIrishPsycho
24. @Kaybee
25. @Empty Emp
26. @Chuck
27. @Ikky

Last edited:
I would love to sign up, @bigwaverider. And I can expand the option to more than 20 choices in a single poll, but any beyond 20 will have to be posted in a second post in that thread and won't be contained in the first. In other words, you can have 20 image entries in Post 1, and then Post 2 can have up to 20 more, etc.

And yes, for those reading, BWR is running this contest this time around so be sure when it comes time to send your entries to him and not me.

You know I'm in.

full

@bigwaverider sign me the hell up brah. I'm in 100 million times ten. Not only have you dragged me into this shoop game kicking and screaming I'm also watching surf videos on the regular.

p.s. need a receipt for this application to confirm. j/k

I would love to sign up, @bigwaverider. And I can expand the option to more than 20 choices in a single poll, but any beyond 20 will have to be posted in a second post in that thread and won't be contained in the first. In other words, you can have 20 image entries in Post 1, and then Post 2 can have up to 20 more, etc.

And yes, for those reading, BWR is running this contest this time around so be sure when it comes time to send your entries to him and not me.

Ahh gotcha. thats both good and some bad. Voters are more likely just to look at the OP and may miss the entries in the second post. But it does give us more options. Yer #2 BTW.

@bigwaverider sign me the hell up brah. I'm in 100 million times ten. Not only have you dragged me into this shoop game kicking and screaming I'm also watching surf videos on the regular.

p.s. need a receipt for this application to confirm. j/k

You sir are now known as #4. Mahalo for entering.

You know I'm in.

full

yer in. I mean urine. and #1 too!!

images

I'll read the rules later but I'm definitely IN :)

If you would like to sign up for the contest, please state your intentions in this thread
My intention is to become the TV champion me mum haz alwayz made me out to be. :cool:

shoop-bwrs-mom-scolding-him-3-jpg.475399

Make it perfectly clear that you want to sign up and also tag @bigwaverider to make sure we see your post
I'm kinda into it.

giphy.gif

@Buff what do you think? should we do this?
Don't just say "In" or post a .gif as those will be ignored.
SIpx8mw.gif

Attachments

• Shoop BWR's Mom scolding him 3.jpg
    Shoop BWR's Mom scolding him 3.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 773
Last edited:
Maybe a stupid question, but is it only shoops or are GIFS allowed?

Ok, now that all that is cleared up it's time to start talking smack.

All you other shoopers, your Momma.

You know when you know your question was stupid, but you ask it anyway.

Das me.
If it's unclear, you gotta ask. We can't have you recording yourself singing your national anthem & then wondering why you weren't added to teh set list.

1. Shoop contest time. See original post for details.
Let me know if you want to be added or removed from this shoop tag list.

My intention is become the TV champion me mum haz alwayz made me out to be. :cool:

shoop-bwrs-mom-scolding-him-3-jpg.475399

I'm kinda into it.

giphy.gif

@Buff what do you think? should we do this?

SIpx8mw.gif

don't make me post part 2 of that "BWR's mom" shoop!! yer #6 BTW. But still check the list at the bottom of the Op.

Sign me up brotha @bigwaverider

Thanks brah. cya on the battle field!! #6. But still check the list at the bottom of the Op.

Ruh roh. BigWhimop in the house with some big whomping!! #7. But still check the list at the bottom of the Op.

Back