ISIS blows up historic Mosque, same one Al Baghdadi gava a sermon at

The biggest victims of extremist muslims are other muslims.

Nah they were just doing everyone a favor. That minaret was structurally unsound. They just didn't want it to fall on some infidels.

If a group of fucking Christian lunatics decided to go on a murder and destruction spree, I'd disassociate them from all the Christians who DON'T do that shit, so I don't see an issue.
The problem is RADICAL Islam, not ordinary Muslims.

The difference is that Christians going on a murderous Crusade rampage, is somewhat difficult to justify based on the content of the New Testament and Jesus's own actions. Radical Islamists going on a murderous jihad rampage, on the other hand, is pretty much living up to Muhammed's legacy. In a fundamental sense, they probably have more of a claim to following the path of Islam, than the moderates.

Where the jihadists fail miserably, is by directing a large part of their efforts against other Muslims, whereas Muhammed and his most successful followers were largely able to unite Muslims under one banner against non-Muslims.

As long as their ranks stay divided, we will remain safe from their advances, outside of the occasional machete-attack/bombing. Let's hope that it stays that way.

The difference is that Christians going on a murderous Crusade rampage, is somewhat difficult to justify based on the content of the New Testament and Jesus's own actions. Radical Islamists going on a murderous jihad rampage, on the other hand, is pretty much living up to Muhammed's legacy. In a fundamental sense, they probably have more of a claim to following the path of Islam, than the moderates.

Where the jihadists fail miserably, is by directing a large part of their efforts against other Muslims, whereas Muhammed and his most successful followers were largely able to unite Muslims under one banner against non-Muslims.

As long as their ranks stay divided, we will remain safe from their advances, outside of the occasional machete-attack/bombing. Let's hope that it stays that way.
I wonder. I know there are proscriptions against the killing of innocents in Islam.
I'm sure the murder happy Christians of the crusades justified their killing using Christ's words somehow. Any religious claptrap can be used for other purposes.

I wonder. I know there are proscriptions against the killing of innocents in Islam.
I'm sure the murder happy Christians of the crusades justified their killing using Christ's words somehow. Any religious claptrap can be used for other purposes.

Technically even ISIS claims to allow other religions to live in their area with a tax. I remember watching a documentary on Raqqa, and ISIS used to have a "government" office for religious affairs or something like that. They claimed anyone who wanted to live in ISIS territory who didn't believe in their religion could live peacefully with that tax. They never showed anyone who actually did it and was safe though, so I figured it was just for propaganda purposes

Al Nusri Mosque was where Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi gave a sermon , and the picture the world saw of Al Baghdadi is the only known 1 of him after he delcared himself Caliph.

ISIS has recently blown up the mosque, but they blame Coalition forces for destroying it.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40361857

A side note: guess it is telling that the BBC says "so called Islamic State" instead of just saying Islamic State . There is an effort by some people and groups to not utter the word "Islamic State" or ISIS/ISIL , but instead prefer the Arabic acronbym Daesh. This is an effort to disassociate Islam from ISIS.
I think the term so called Islamic state is just a jab ISIS and the fact that they are soon to be history.

Technically even ISIS claims to allow other religions to live in their area with a tax. I remember watching a documentary on Raqqa, and ISIS used to have a "government" office for religious affairs or something like that. They claimed anyone who wanted to live in ISIS territory who didn't believe in their religion could live peacefully with that tax. They never showed anyone who actually did it and was safe though, so I figured it was just for propaganda purposes
You better pay the tax or your head will roll....I think that's far from just a tax problem. Specially if you're a non-believer.

If a group of fucking Christian lunatics decided to go on a murder and destruction spree, I'd disassociate them from all the Christians who DON'T do that shit, so I don't see an issue.

The problem is that ordinary Muslims are pretty radical themselves. It's a radical religion, from a radical part of the world.

You better pay the tax or your head will roll....I think that's far from just a tax problem. Specially if you're a non-believer.

I sure as fuck wouldn't stay there on that promise. They're just as likely to take the tax, go to your home and steal everything and then execute you while filming in HD.

There are laws against the killings of other Muslims, which is why the jihadists are often considered by "moderates" not to properly represent Islam.

What people need to realize is that many Muslims do not, and never will give much of a shit if a jihadist blows up Westerners/non-Muslims. There is nothing in Qu'ran that would specifically restrict the killings of "infidels" for the purpose of jihad.

On a personal level, people may feel empathy, but on an ideological level, there's no real requirement for that. Not according to Islam's tenets.

While there are some verses that Muslim like to tout , as proof of Islam's compassionate nature, @Zankou mentioned Islam always comes up with loopholes and exceptions that essentially gives its adherents the rationale needed to be the aggressor while painting themself as victims engaging in self-defense. Also, the earliest Surahs were relatively tolerant like Chrstianity but the later ones mimicked Judaism for intolerance .

Christians waging war and genocide aren't really following in Jesus' footsteps. Muslims waging war and genocide are following in Muhammed's footsteps.

The Crusades were a response to Muslim aggresion against Christsendom.

The problem IS Islam itself. The good Muslims are good because they aren't followiing the behavior of Muhammed like the Jihadis.

We are misled in a second way, by a well-intentioned but dishonest campaign to deny the Islamic State’s medieval religious nature.

To take one example: In September, Sheikh Abu Muhammad al-Adnani, the Islamic State’s chief spokesman, called on Muslims in Western countries such as France and Canada to find an infidel and “smash his head with a rock,” poison him, run him over with a car, or “destroy his crops.” To Western ears, the biblical-sounding punishments—the stoning and crop destruction—juxtaposed strangely with his more modern-sounding call to vehicular homicide. (As if to show that he could terrorize by imagery alone, Adnani also referred to Secretary of State John Kerry as an “uncircumcised geezer.”)

But Adnani was not merely talking trash. His speech was laced with theological and legal discussion, and his exhortation to attack crops directly echoed orders from Muhammad to leave well water and crops alone—unless the armies of Islam were in a defensive position, in which case Muslims in the lands of kuffar, or infidels, should be unmerciful, and poison away.

The reality is that the Islamic State is Islamic. Very Islamic. Yes, it has attracted psychopaths and adventure seekers, drawn largely from the disaffected populations of the Middle East and Europe. But the religion preached by its most ardent followers derives from coherent and even learned interpretations of Islam.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2015/03/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

There are laws against the killings of other Muslims, which is why the jihadists are often considered by "moderates" not to properly represent Islam.
I'm almost positive there is a list of things that exempt non Muslims from attack.
But that's the funny thing about religious do's and don'ts, everybody follows them how the fuck ever they want and everybody's got their own interpretation.
Dig this: there are Christians who believe the message of Jesus was that they should make lots of money.
They call it the "prosperity gospel" as if it weren't directly the opposite of one of the biggest points Jesus made.

We should destroy every mosque on the planet. The religion needs to be eradicated.

And I personally know Muslims who'd laugh and tell you how wrong you are.
They would also find it very interesting to have you instruct them as to what their religion says.
Ever ask them how they reconcile worshiping a pedophile who wants to kill all the infidels?

Ever ask them how they reconcile worshiping a pedophile who wants to kill all the infidels?
It was a stupid waste of your time and mine to post that. You're not convincing. You're not adding anything useful.
Go outside, away from your basement, and find a Muslim, say that shit, and report back, because I want to hear the wonderful result of your brilliant argumentation.

Back