Media Is Zabit Magomedsharipov the next Khabib?

KhaBeiber

AusMMAfan
Banned
Reaction score
He is new to the UFC but he looks really sharp.
Not just because he looks like Abe Lincoln but his technical skills.

He has the potential to be better

Has the elite grappling as well as the fluid striking, which Khabib doesn't have.

wow so many aussies on here at this time never would have known,

as for Zabit, the man is gangster af, hope he goes far, him and Holloway would be fire

Zabit-takedown.gif

Don't think he will be Khabib tho, doesnt fight anything like him and i think hes more relaxed and chilled than Khabib

Needs to drop some of the flashy stuff. It seems to gas him in the third. Otherwise he has huge upside.

Hes definitely more exciting than Khabib but he needs to learn English if he wants to reach that level of stardom.

Nope, Khabib is a grappling phenom who can take down pretty much anyone he wants. Zabit seems more well rounded but doesnt have those unstoppable takedowns, his cardio seems to be questionable to

Dagestani's are the GOAT fighting race

Zabit is different kind of fighter than Khabib but also similar

Both have amazing technique but Khabib is more brute force overpowering savage and Zabit is more tie you into a pretzel flowy on the feet

I wouldn't be surprised if Zabit, Khabib and Islam are all GOAT's one day and plenty of other Dagestani talent.

No and hes not a FW and he needs to move to LW to be properly tested.

No and hes not a FW and he needs to move to LW to be properly tested.
He's skinny as hell, contrary to popular opinion on sherdog, taller does not equal bigger. FW is his natural division, unless he fills his body out then he can move to LW in the future.

Do we need a new one?

And he's nothing like khabib.. khabib is dominant because he puts guys in a position where he is absolutely safe and chips away at guys from there..

Zabit on the other hand throws everything with confidence because he feels safe wherever the fight goes.. guys like that will get caught (even by lesser fighters) sooner or later..

With that said i would rather watch zabit taking losses than khabib winning..

He is fun to watch. He does everything well. The cardio thing can be improved since he does go balls to the wall and does a lot of flashy movements. I am not sure if anyone remembers but one of the knocks on Jon Jones early on his career was that his cardio didn't seem the best but he was supplexing bonnar a few times in his first fight.

I’m excited to see this kids future. Looks like a solid prospect.

Not buying into the hype. I think he crumbles easily once he faces someone legit.

Last edited:
Has the best all round MMA game ever. Will be seen as the GOAT sooner or later.

No, zabit WAY more interesting fighter to watch

Zabit-takedown.gif

<{anton}><{anton}><{anton}>

He's my fav fighter at the moment. Flawless technique.

No similarities other than nationality, Zabit is a blue chip prospect, i'd be very surprised if he's not champ before the end of 2019.

Back