Is Your Credit Score a “Darwinian mechanism for measuring your reproductive ability”?

Really? You'd marry a girl with a crappy credit score?

Depends but yes I possibly would. A credit score is easy to destroy but also pretty easy to bring back. I went from mid 500's to mid 700's in about 4 years. Would really just need to know what happened and if the person is actively working on the issue.

Really? You'd marry a girl with a crappy credit score?
200.gif

1. Restrict bank loans to a mortgage and pay it
2. Pay your bills
3. Hold a credit card for at least a year

That is a 750+ credit score right there. So challenging... not.

a little fuel for the fire:
average-credit-score-by-state.png

All those red areas are brought down by the poor areas that mostly vote democrat. I know this by cherry picking the absolute worst counties that are democratic.

ITT- A LOT of people that don't understand credit reports or FICO, what it means or even the parts of the formula that FICO released after the recession (due to public anger). They probably wouldn't understand it even if it was explained at a 5th grade level though, so no harm or foul.

Emotion over facts errday.

Last edited:
I've never had a loan. 27 and I'm pretty sure my credit rating is nil, does that mean I can't reproduce? What is your rating if you've never borrowed money?

I've never had a loan. 27 and I'm pretty sure my credit rating is nil, does that mean I can't reproduce? What is your rating if you've never borrowed money?

No credit history is not scored. However, if you don't check your reports you may be surprised to see public utility companies reporting on you, in states where legally permissible. If you pay on time you may find yourself with accounts on your credit reports which would the factor into a score (FICO being the most popular). Problem is, part of getting elite levels of scoring requires several different types of accounts. If you care then get your free reports and go from there. There are many, many (more than ever) public sites with real credit experts passing out accurate info.

All of that being said, there are many companies in all types of lending (loans, CC's, lines of credit) that welcome no credit history. They generally, and specifically, report to all 3 bureaus so you can ensure a base to build from.

No credit history is not scored. However, if you don't check your reports you may be surprised to see public utility companies reporting on you, in states where legally permissible. If you pay on time you may find yourself with accounts on your credit reports which would the factor into a score (FICO being the most popular). Problem is, part of getting elite levels of scoring requires several different types of accounts. If you care then get your free reports and go from there. There are many, many (more than ever) public sites with real credit experts passing out accurate info.

All of that being said, there are many companies in all types of lending (loans, CC's, lines of credit) that welcome no credit history. They generally, and specifically, report to all 3 bureaus so you can ensure a base to build from.

So I likely have a score from some random bill or others, even without balling with credit cards and getting myself into debt. Cheers.

A high credit score means you're good at giving banks your money. My goal is to have a 0 credit score. Stay woke fam.

It means you can make a payment on time consistently. I've only made money off of my credit cards. This year I've paid $0 interest/ bank charges and made about $200+ in rewards.

Obviously being able to be your own bank would be great but it doesn't hurt to just get free financing and money with a credit card. It can help when you want to knock some points off your mortgage.

So I likely have a score from some random bill or others, even without balling with credit cards and getting myself into debt. Cheers.

You may, or you may not. You can know for sure, for free. Just go to the legit, government-approved site. Utility bills won't give you any amazing score though. A problem could be if you move a lot or change companies that provide those services. Usually entries that close in under 2 years give you a negative hit (or less positive, to be precise) for 6-12 months after you close them. A caveat is utility entries (like all other categories of accounts) have a specific set of standards that people have a good idea of, even though FICO won't officially give those standards.

Anyway, get a credit card, don't use it and keep it open for 2+ years. Ideally, use it once or twice a month and pay it immediately. Remember to get credit limit increases every 6 months through a request (if they don't contact you on your own). Believe it or not, even a responsibly managed card can "hurt" you if the limit is like $400. If you go down this rabbit hole and want cards that actually pay you back heavy cash or beyond-the-norm miles or points, then credit limits of sub-2k aren't gonna cut it. Again, you don't need to charge that much to them ever. I'll simply this to save time, even though it's not technically correct it is correct for the scope of what you're asking: you want a lot of credit available to you on specific accounts that you never use........

Until you're applying for this elite cards..... then you need to pull some tricks out. Your FICO is a snapshot, not a linear progression. So the time period your apply for those cards you want 27%-33% of utilization because it raises your score higher than 0%. I know that sounds counterintuitive but it is what it is. Them you zero out all your balances.

You may, or you may not. You can know for sure, for free. Just go to the legit, government-approved site. Utility bills won't give you any amazing score though. A problem could be if you move a lot or change companies that provide those services. Usually entries that close in under 2 years give you a negative hit (or less positive, to be precise) for 6-12 months after you close them. A caveat is utility entries (like all other categories of accounts) have a specific set of standards that people have a good idea of, even though FICO won't officially give those standards.

Anyway, get a credit card, don't use it and keep it open for 2+ years. Ideally, use it once or twice a month and pay it immediately. Remember to get credit limit increases every 6 months through a request (if they don't contact you on your own). Believe it or not, even a responsibly managed card can "hurt" you if the limit is like $400. If you go down this rabbit hole and want cards that actually pay you back heavy cash or beyond-the-norm miles or points, then credit limits of sub-2k aren't gonna cut it. Again, you don't need to charge that much to them ever. I'll simply this to save time, even though it's not technically correct it is correct for the scope of what you're asking: you want a lot of credit available to you on specific accounts that you never use........

Until you're applying for this elite cards..... then you need to pull some tricks out. Your FICO is a snapshot, not a linear progression. So the time period your apply for those cards you want 27%-33% of utilization because it raises your score higher than 0%. I know that sounds counterintuitive but it is what it is. Them you zero out all your balances.

Thanks, screenshotted, will do.

I guess ladies are no longer impressed a BMW if at the same time yer actually broke have bad credit. This is a good thing, if true.

I don't think that's the case at all. In my experience most women would rather date a broke guy that blew his money on toys that he shows off than a guy who has a lot of money in the bank but lives humble.

most women would rather date a broke guy that blew his money on toys that he shows off than a guy who has a lot of money in the bank but lives humble.

I don't know any women like this.

What about the ballers who buy million dollar homes and have their scores drop 100 points after the loan and several credit inquiries the lenders do? Bet women hate those guys.

Strange that people with shitty or no credit score are having so many kids then.

Back